Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Edwinstowe Parish Planning Meeting 01 March 2017

Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting of the Council held on Wednesday 1st March 2017 at 7.00pm in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

This was preceded by a PUBLIC PARTICIPATION MEETING from 6.00pm. This replaced the public participation section usually held during the Planning Committee Meeting.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION MEETING

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Benson, Brooks J Peck, K Peck, Tattersall, Troop

Apologies: Cllr Peacock (working), Cllr Brown (work commitments)

No Apologies: Cllrs McLaughlin, Starbrook

Welcome by Cllr Brooks and intention to record notice given. 1 person recording meeting. Cllr Brooks read a statement concerning the planning process which is available at the Parish Council Office.

18.05 Standing Orders suspended for public participation - approved unanimously

The following points were made by residents:

  • Is access to the development from A616 Worksop Road possible?
    NCC Highways are satisfied there is sufficient space to make improvements to the Ollerton Roundabout.
  • Will the Parish's views be represented at District Planning Committee level?
    District Councillors that attend the Planning Committee Meetings at NSDC are not there as representatives of the Parish Council or the Parish, but are there to make decisions using their judgement based on their experience as a Planning Committee member and on the evidence before them. They are not bound by any other group/organisation. The Parish Council will send a representative to the Thoresby Development Planning Committee meeting who will put forward the views of the Parish Council.
  • Proposed new school site - land ownership/maintenance responsibility queried
    The Local Authority (LA) has a legal responsibility to make sure there are sufficient school places available. NCC will request a 'developer contribution' towards school places, not necessarily towards a new school. The government insist any new schools must be Free Schools which are independent from the LA. These schools receive a budget directly from the government to maintain the school long term.
  • Concerns over possible flooding at the ponds
    The water authority is always consulted. Flood risks always taken into consideration.
  • Parking concerns caused by volume of people using the proposed Zip Wire
    The Zip Wire will be subject to a separate planning application.
  • The building of affordable housing should be encouraged
    Not considered under outline planning application. This will be considered under reserved matters.
  • More homes will increase pressure on Doctor's Surgery.
    This has been put to the PPG Meeting. It is unclear at the moment what is planned. This will continue to be taken forward by representatives at the PPG. The decision regarding allocation of places at the Doctor's surgery will be made by the CCG. Harworth Estates may be asked for a contribution towards health provision.

18.56 Cllr Brooks announces Standing Orders will be reinstated once the Planning Committee Meeting starts, and leaves the Public Participation Meeting.

PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING - 7PM

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Benson, J Peck, K Peck, Tattersall, Troop

Apologies: Cllr Peacock (working), Cllr Brown (work commitments)

No Apologies: Cllrs McLaughlin, Starbrook

17/19 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN AND STANDING ORDERS REINSTATED

17/20 INTENT TO RECORD

1 member of the public recording.

17/21 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Reasons were approved unanimously.

17/22 DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

17/23 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON 27th FEBRUARY 2017

Minutes were approved unanimously and signed by the Chair

17/24 Agenda

PLANNING APPLICATIONS

1. Application No: 16/02173/OUTM
Applicant: Harworth Group PLC
Proposal: Residential development up to 800 dwellings (class C3), strategic employment site comprising up to 4855 sqm class B1a, up to 13760 sqm class B1c, and up to 13760 sqm class B2, a new country park, a local centre, "The Heart of the New Community" containing a mix of leisure (to include zip wire), commercial, employment, community, retail (up to 500 sqm), health, and residential uses, a primary school, open space and green infrastructure, associated access works including the details of the primary access junctions into the site from Ollerton Road.
Site Address: Former Thoresby Colliery, Ollerton Road, Edwinstowe, Notts

Public thanked for the comments received.

Cllr J Peck moved a motion. Seconded by Cllr Troop.

Motion: "Edwinstowe Parish Council makes the following response to the above outline planning application. The Parish Council has sought the views of Edwinstowe residents and seeks to represent their range of views. We recognise there are different views within the village ranging from support for the development through to opposition and a variety of mixed views in between. Many Edwinstowe residents welcome the creation of jobs, but there are concerns about the impact of the number of houses unless issues relating to infrastructure and village amenities are addressed. Therefore, Edwinstowe Parish Council does not support or oppose the application at this stage, but we will seek to influence any development should it be approved and represent residents' views through the various planning stages. We strongly urge the planning committee and the planning officers of NSDC to fully consider the views of Edwinstowe residents and ensure that through the use of planning powers and negotiation with the developers and relevant public bodies, the following matters relating to infrastructure and the capacity of village amenities are addressed, in the event of approval for the proposed development:

  • Management of traffic flows and parking
  • The improvement of Ollerton Roundabout
  • The capacity of the doctors' surgery
  • Primary and secondary school places
  • Connectivity with the village
  • Play and leisure amenities

In addition, we submit a summary of all the suggestions and concerns raised by residents. We recognise that most, if not all these issues will be addressed as reserved matters and some will be matters for other public bodies, but should outline approval be given, we urge NSDC to commence the process of addressing these matters."

The Motion was discussed. The site will be developed but it is important that we are not in a situation like Clipstone where any development is still to be decided, or Bilsthorpe where approval has been given for an incinerator.

Motion approved unanimously. Motion to be sent to NSDC together with residents' and Councillors' comments.

Cllr J Peck asks to be considered as the Parish Council's representative at the NSDC Planning Committee Meeting.

End 19.18pm

Web Design by JKE Web Design