Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Annual Meeting Minutes 16 May 2018

Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on Wednesday 16th May 2018 at 7.00 pm in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Brooks, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck, Starbrook, Tattersall, Troop

Meeting opened by the Chairman.

18/001 TO ELECT A CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR

The Clerk called for nominations for Chairman for the ensuing year. Cllr Ayre nominated Cllr Brooks, Cllr J Peck seconded. There were no other nominations. Approved unanimously.

18/002 THE CHAIRMAN SIGNED THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

Cllr Brooks signed the declaration of acceptance of office

18/003 TO ELECT A VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE ENSUING YEAR

Cllr Peacock nominated Cllr Tattersall, Cllr J Peck seconded. Approved 5 for, 2 against. (Cllr Tattersall did not vote)

18/004 THE VICE CHAIRMAN SIGNED THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

Cllr Tattersall signed the declaration of acceptance of office

18/005 APPROVAL OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS (available on the website)

  1. Constitution – this document is unchanged
  2. Standing Orders 2018 – have been updated using the template provided by National Association of Local Councils
  3. Public Participation Rules – have been updated to specify that Registered Edwinstowe Electors/Voters are entitled to ask questions. It was agreed to include a tick box on the signing in sheet so members of the public could identify if they were registered Edwinstowe electors
  4. Financial Regulations – unchanged
  5. Financial Risk Assessment – updated in line with the insurance schedule
  6. Complaints Procedure – this is a model policy provided by the Local Government Ombudsman
  7. GDPR Security Compliance Checklist – could councillors complete, if appropriate and return to the office
  8. Code of Conduct – unchanged
  9. Internal Audit – not yet complete

All documents, where appropriate, were approved unanimously.

18/006 COUNCILLORS REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTEREST FORMS - UPDATE

Update if any changes and return to the office. If no changes, please inform the office.

18/007 TO APPOINT REPRESENTATIVES FOR THE FOLLOWING WORKING GROUPS, SUB COMMITTEES, COMMITTEES AND ORGANISATIONS

N.B. Working Groups & Sub Committees are closed meetings with no decision making powers; Committees are public meetings with the ability to make decisions. (Working Groups & Sub Committees can include non-council members.

WORKING GROUPS AND COMMITTEES

SUB COMMITTEE/COMMITTEE CURRENT MEMBERS
Finance and Administration Committee Cllr Brooks
Cllr Brown
Cllr Peacock
Cllr J Peck
Cllr Tattersall
Planning Committee All Councillors -
excluding Cllr Brooks
Health & Safety and Emergency Planning Sub Committee Cllr Ayre
Cllr Benson
Cllr Brown
Cllr Tattersall
Cemetery Sub Committee Cllr Ayre
Cllr Starbrook
Cllr Tattersall
Cllr Troop
Personnel/Staffing Sub Committee Cllr Ayre
Cllr Benson
Cllr Peacock
Cllr Tattersall
Events Sub Committee Cllr Benson
Cllr Brown
Cllr McLaughlin
Cllr K Peck
Cllr Starbrook
Cllr Troop
Parks, Open Spaces, Conservation, Recreational Areas and Footpaths Sub Committee Cllr Brooks
Cllr McLaughlin
Cllr J Peck
Cllr Troop
Thoresby Memorial Sub Committee Cllr Mclaughlin
Cllr Peacock
Cllr J Peck
3 Residents
Newsletter Sub Committee Cllr Benson
Cllr J Peck
Cllr K Peck
Allotment Sub Committee Cllr Ayre
Cllr Brooks
Cllr Tattersall
Cllr Troop

Please note: the first item at the first meeting for all committees/sub-committees and working groups is to elect a Chair.


ORGANISATIONS

ORGANISATION MEMBERS
Nottinghamshire Association of Local Councils Parish Council will send a representative if required.
Village Hall Management Committee Cllr McLaughlin
Cllr Tattersall
Sherwood Forest Regional Park Cllr J Peck
Campaign to Protect Rural England Parish Council will send a representative if required.
Safer Neighbourhood Group County Councillor, District Councillors, Cllr Ayre, Starbrook, Tattersall
Rural Community Action Nottinghamshire Parish Council will send a representative if required.

RESOLVED: - Clerk to write letters to inform organisations of representative.

Meeting closed 1910hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design