Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 21st July 2020 at 7.00pm via Zoom as a remote meeting. Members of the public were in attendance.
20/18 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present to the Parish Councils first Zoom remote meeting, including the general public. Chair reported that the meeting is recorded by the Parish Council.
20/19 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies received; Cllrs Brown, Freeman and Rogers.
20/20 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS
Cllr Carlton item 5 High Street
Cllr Murphy 20/24 allotments
20/21 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 23rd JUNE 2020
Chair opened a discussion on the publishing of draft minutes on the Parish Council website.
Chair asked the full council to vote “for those in favour of not publishing amended draft minutes on the Parish Council website until approved by the next full council meeting”.
Chair reported that the Clerk had sought advice regarding confidential minutes, and that in future all confidential minutes will appear on a different coloured paper. They will only be distributed at the meeting, they will not be published, and however records will be kept in the office.
Chair asked Clerk to read out advice from ALCC Association of Local Council Clerks who recommend including the following in future agendas “To resolve to exclude the Press and public from the following item(s) in accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960”. Chair reported that confidential items to be included at the end of the meeting and will require public to leave the meeting at this point. All confidential items to be minutes onto separate coloured paper.
Chair asked for a vote to agree on the above.
Chair asked for amendments to minutes;
Cllr Troop requested amendments to 20/10 financial matters salaries. To include; Cllr Freeman proposed the adoption of the incremental increase, seconded by Cllr Brooks. Cllr Troop requested further information on incremental increases and at that point Cllr Freeman withdrew the proposal and it was agreed to be moved as an agenda item to the next full council meeting.
Cllr Peacock requested amendments to 20/8 dog bins and bottle banks. To include; Cllr Peacock reported over flowing dog bins to NSDC and that NSDC were having problems with increased demands for dog bins.
Cllr Peacock had also asked RSPB to reopen ordinary bins within the forest and that was causing further problems to people.
Cllr Murphy requested amendments under Councillors questions to include; Cllr Murphy asked a question regarding S106 money to the church room’s kitchens and that the Chair said we would write to the church rooms regarding this.
Cllr Murphy requested amendments under 28/5 regarding the cemetery barrier to include; Cllr Murphy raised concerns regarding the cemetery barrier opening times as it restricted access to individuals with disabilities.
Chair reported that in future minutes will be as short as possible, not long, minutes not hours. Unless requested they will not report verbatim.
20/22 MATTERS ARISING (following NALC guidelines)
Cllr Troop gave feedback that the RSPB had reopened the car park as part of normal operations.
Cllr K Peck asked if a letter had been sent to NCC highways for a quick response to the damage on the high street. Clerk reported correspondence with Jacqui Petrovic and had sent an e-mail before, thanking them for quick reactions on the high street furniture matter.
20/23 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS TO COUNCIL FROM MEMBERS
Chair asked if the council would like to move public participation to the beginning of meetings in the future. This was proposed by Cllr K Peck and Seconded by Cllr Murphy.
20/31 Public participation 'standing orders were suspended for this '.
The Chair asked the public if they had any questions. No questions were raised.
‘Standing orders were reinstated’.
Cllr J Peck reported that suitable locations for Gateway Signs had been identified and request that Highways be involved. Was agreed to include Harworths in location of the sign on Ollerton Road.
Cllr Peacock asked if we had contacted Lidsters regarding levelling up the mining memorial. Clerk had contacted Lidsters previously.
20/24 TO RECEIVE DRAFT MINUTES AND REPORTS OF THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEES, SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS
Cllr Ayres reported on the allotments that a site visit and committee meeting had taken place. All allotment holders were sent a reminder in June that a quarter of each plot should be cultivated by the end of June under our agreement, reasons for this not being done should be given to the Parish Council. Two allotment holders replied and gave reasons for this not being the case. Will be a further site meeting in September to see if any start to cultivate those plots has taken place. Generally the site is being well looked after by allotment holders, there are some overhanging branches from gardens that need attention and some sort of suitable material for repairs to the allotment site road. All allotment holders had paid rent, just waiting for three signatures from allotment holders, it is important that we obtain these signatures. Chair emphasised importance of obtaining signatures as we want to know what that money is paying for. The Parish Council did have a county court case years previously and the Judge stated it was important to obtain signatures. If plot holders do not sign for their plot then we have no evidence that they are responsible for that plot. Legally we do require those three signatures.
Cllr Peacock reported that it was agreed to meet the allotment association to develop a better relationship.
Cllr Ayre reported that we are now contacting all allotment holders with e-mail addresses via e-mail. The amount of administration using other methods cannot be justified and the price of plots would have to rise substantially to cover post and hand delivery. The exception to this would be for renewing rental agreements when a signature is required.
Cllr K Peck reported that an events committee had been called but were unable to gain quorate, so an informal meeting took place between Clerk, Chair and Cllr K Peck to discuss the book festival, it was agreed to pursue it.
NALC risk assessments for play parks to be referred to Parks and Opens Space Committee and Health and Safety Committee.
20/27 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)
Chair informed Parish Council that the Internal Audit report was completed and required Parish Council approval to witness a wet signature. Internal auditor approves the Parish Council system of internal control. Councillors all received paper copies of the AGAR / bank reconciliation and annual internal report signed and dated.
Cllr J Peck moved to approve the systems of internal financial control, seconded by Cllr Ayre.
7 members approved, 1 abstained. Motion approved.
Chair asked for a vote to sign the governance report.
7 members approved, 1 abstained. Approved.
Chair asked for a vote to sign the accounting statement
7 members approved, 1 abstained. Approved.
All documents were signed.
Chair asked Clerk to read the ALCC statement “To resolve to exclude the Press and public from the following item(s) in accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960”.
Salaries were placed as a confidential item.
20/28 INVOICES FOR APPROVAL
|DATE||PAYEE||DESCRIPTION||AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)|
|25.06.2020||Thoresby Settlement||Land Lease||£65.00|
|30.06.2020||Unity Trust||Manual handling||£8.90|
|30.06.2020||Unity Trust||Service Charge||£37.65|
|02.07.2020||Prime Property||Window Replacement||£410.00|
20/29 DIRECT DEBITS FOR APPROVAL
|DATE||PAYEE||DESCRIPTION||AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)|
|17.06.2020||UK Fuels Ltd||Petrol/Diesel||£108.61|
|01.07.2020||NSDC||East lane car park||£58.00|
|01.07.2020||NSDC||West lane car park||£49.00|
|01.07.2020||NSDC||Mansfield Rd car park||£69.00|
|08.07.2020||UK Fuels Ltd||Petrol/Diesel||£37.27|
|15.07.2020||UK Fuels Ltd||Petrol/Diesel||£70.96|
All finances were approved.
Chair reported that the audit will be simpler in the future as we no longer have the two bank accounts with two separate bank balances, pay money by cheque and have removed petty cash payments.
Cllr Ayre thanked the Clerk for getting the Audit correct particularly as we have had a financial changeover.
20/30 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; BULLET POINTS TO CLERK)
NSDC Councillor Scot Carlton’s report to the Parish Council June 2020
Continued since the last meeting offering support to local businesses that have experienced issues obtaining financial help. Received confirmation today that another local business has been successful in obtaining assistance.
Police and Crime Panel Update – Paddy Tipping (Notts PCC) will now chair the Association of Police Crime Commissioners.
Continued lobbying for greater police resources for the village, including regular patrols.
Reported various fly-tip, most notably and recently along Mill Lane. Made stronger representations to the District to use its full range of powers to help combat this issue.
Called on the District Council to adopt the City of York Council’s “tosser” campaign in relation to litter dropping and encourage more residents/visitors to take more social responsibility for their actions. This has been adopted by the council.
Conversed with many residents over the proposal for the Forest Corner Master Plan and encouraged them to have their say throughout the consultation period.
Cllr Murphy asked that as a Parish council we send a letter congratulating him on his recent appointment.
Cllr J Peck has been away, full council meets on Thursday will save report till later.
NSDC Councillor Paul Peacock’s report to the Parish Council July 2020
Continued working with NSDC and Robin Hood Colts to develop the Sherwood Fields PV project.
Met with NSDC Tourism Officer to discuss further developing the Robin Hood story and enhancing the link between the Forest Corner and the village.
Asked the NSDC Tourism Officer to provide some dates he is available to present more information to Parish Councillors regarding the consultation on the future of Sherwood Forest.
Reported parking issues on Swinecote Road and Maythorn Grove, asked for stronger enforcement activity and to review the Parking orders that are currently in place.
Pressed NCC and NSDC officers to take away the temporary parking restrictions on the high street.
Met stakeholders to review social distancing measures on the High Street, speaking to several business owners beforehand so that I could put forward their views to the meeting.
Asked the NSDC Senior Enforcement Officer to look into First Port’s obligations regarding maintenance to communal areas on Friar’s Park. The grass to the north of the site has now been cut. The trees in this area still need attention.
20/31 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION, STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
(FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION
20/32 CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS
20/33 DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Chair suggested meetings, revert to second Tuesday of the month. Tuesday 8th September 2020. Standing orders state that we do not meet in August. Approved.
A discussion on meetings took place.
Meeting finished at 9.15pm.
Web Design by JKE Web Design