Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes May 2018

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Wednesday 16 May 2018 immediately after the AGM in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Brooks, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck, Starbrook, Tattersall, Troop

Apologies: Cllr Benson – illness, Brown – work, McLaughlin – leave

18/008 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting and asked if anyone was recording – one indicated. We have been asked whether we would like an electric car charging point in one of our car parks. It would be fully funded through Nottingham City Council.

RESOLVED: - Agenda item June

18/009 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Reasons were noted.

18/010 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

18/011 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 17th APRIL 2018

Minutes were approved unanimously and signed by the Chair.

18/012 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

  1. Notts Enabling Service – Volunteering Request
    More information has been received – move to confidential.

18/013 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (10 MINUTES)

Commenced 1919hrs

Cllr Troop has been asked by two residents about the crossing near the Fun Park and the speed limit on Church Street/Swinecote Road. Cllr J Peck to report at agenda item 18/021

Cllr Brooks reported there will be a crossing point at the bottom of the High Street to link the Edwinstowe House development with the High Street.

Cllr J Peck asked who would be cutting the grass on the old bowling green on Fourth Avenue. Clerk to make enquiries

Cllr J Peck asked the progress on the car park lighting. Clerk to chase

Cllr K Peck asked the progress of the BT building. Currently with N&SDC – Chair to chase

Ended 1922hrs

18/014 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Cemetery Sub Committee
    The request for a spiked heart with flower holder was approved and is now in place and looks lovely.

  2. Finance & Personnel Joint Meeting
    After a discussion concerning repairing our existing mowers or replacing them every year, it was agreed to repair the lawnmowers and monitor the situation.

    Cllr J Peck proposed the Clerk be given the power to authorise expenditure in certain circumstances and for it to be ratified at the next full council meeting. Approved unanimously.

18/015 AGENDA

  1. Grit Bins
    One grit bin is in a poor condition and the grit in some bins is not fit for purpose or missing. After a discussion, it was agreed to do an audit of the grit bins and review the situation in time for winter.

  2. Sherwood Forest Trust – Major Oak Woodland Festival
    Sherwood Forest Trust have asked for a donation towards this year’s Woodland Festival. Grants are decided in April and October therefore it was unanimously agreed not to make a donation and to write and inform when the grants are next decided.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to write letter

  3. Meeting with Local Area Commander
    After the recent break ins and damage caused at some of the High Street shops do the Parish Council want to meet with the local police area commander to discuss what is happening in Edwinstowe and the wider area? C/Cllr Peck has written to the police crime commissioner to ask for more patrols. After a discussion it was agreed to arrange a meeting.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to arrange meeting

  4. Emailing Meeting Agendas and Minutes
    After a discussion, it was unanimously agreed to send meeting minutes by email. Agendas will still be delivered with accompanying paperwork. Councillors without computers will receive paper copies.

  5. Fence at Boy Lane Allotments
    We have received one quote from Thoresby Estates and are waiting for a second. The owner of the horses has offered to pay half the cost of the fence.

    The Chair requested permission to authorise the work before the next meeting. (With consultation with the Vice-Chair and Chair of the Finance Committee) agreed unanimously.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to send quote to owner of the horses. Chair to authorise work

18/016 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

  1. Robert Woodhead Ltd – Edwinstowe House Update
    ‘Works to the phase 2 housing scheme will commence June/July this year with an anticipated completion in summer 2019.’

  2. ASTCO – Request to Place a Textile Bank (to help the Children’s Air Ambulance) in a Parish Council Car Park
    There are already clothing/textile bins in the West Lane car park and fire station and donations can be made at Village Exchange. The Pet Shop takes textile donations for the Air Ambulance and Children’s Air Ambulance. It was unanimously agreed not to have a collection bin in the car park.

    RESOLVED – Clerk to write letter

  3. Thoresby Colliery Cricket Club – Thank You
    Noted.

  4. Citizens Advice Sherwood & Newark – Thank You
    Noted.

  5. Notts County Council – NCC Funding for Community Events to Commemorate The Great War
    Passed to RBL.

18/017 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

As recorded in Annual General Meeting – unanimous.

18/018 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Parish Council Insurance Renewal
    The renewal fee is £4,028.54, last year the fee was £3,873.60. Last year the Parish Council received a 5% discount for taking out a 3-year deal. Payment approved unanimously

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to raise cheque

18/019 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
13.04.2018 Notts County Council (inv) Jubilee Park Rent £1.00
18.04.2018 Cash Petty Cash £72.87
18.04.2018 Came & Company (inv) Van Insurance Renewal £446.88
20.04.2018 DVLA Additional Van Tax £10.00
24.04.2018 Andrew Logan Joinery Skatepark Repair £222.54
24.04.2018 Town & Country (inv) Village Grass Cutting £1,306.80
25.04.2018 Konica Minolta (inv) Photocopier Charge £100.37
26.04.2018 SLCC (inv) Membership Renewal £185.00
26.04.2018 ALCC (inv) Membership Renewal £30.00
27.04.2018 Water Plus Allotments Water Charges (Feb 2017 - Mar 2018) £393.53
27.04.2018 Town & Country (inv) Grass Seed £114.00
02.05.2018 Platts Harris Lawn Mower Wheels £47.20
03.05.2018 Konica Minolta (inv) Copier Charges £39.29
04.05.2018 Staff Salaries £3,553.02
04.05.2018 NCC Month 1 Pension £2,478.92
04.05.2018 HMRC Month 1 PAYE/NIC £1,818.04
11.05.2018 A Buckingham Grave Digging £250.00

Cheques approved unanimously and signed by the Chair

18/020 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

18/021 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

County Council

Various potholes have been reported including Robin Hood Avenue and Brocklehurst Drive.

Crossing point on Church Street – the Chair of the Communities and Place Committee – responsible for Highways has agreed to monitor the crossing point and speed limits on Church Street and Swinecote Road for six months after the new visitor centre opens. C/Cllr Peck will continue to monitor the situation.

The Parish Council has been successful with their bid to NCC for £12,000 towards the Thoresby Memorial and Garden project. We now have a total of £20,000 after donations from families, residents and organisations.

RESOLVED: - Clerk to arrange a meeting asap

District Council

Cllr Keith Walker is the new Chair of the District Council, Cllr Bob Crowe is the Vice-Chair.
Cllr David Lloyd is the new Leader of the District Council and Cllr Keith Girling is the Deputy Leader

Cllr Paul Peacock is the Leader of the Labour Group and Cllr David Staples is the Deputy Leader.

Cllr Peacock has met with David Best and Ross Frazer concerning the forthcoming improvements to the Craft Centre including new toilets, improved parking, a glass atrium over the external area and additional units. Issues with parking at the Craft Centre are ongoing.

Cllr Peacock continues to monitor the situation concerning the former welfare site and any s106 monies due. Clarification is needed from district council officers.

There is currently a consultation on a Sherwood Designated Plan which is trying to raise the profile of this side of the district.

18/022 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE) - 15 MINS

Commenced - 2010hrs

The Chair reminded the meeting of the rules concerning public participation.

A resident asked whether the council would consider holding a meeting to find a way forward regarding the cemetery. Chair of Cemetery Sub Committee to respond by letter.

A resident asked the situation concerning memorial plaques and what is allowed on memorials in the cemetery. Chair of Cemetery Sub Committee to meet with resident.

Ended 2015 hrs

18/023 PLANNING

PLANNING DECISIONS

1. Application No: 18/00504/FUL
Applicant: Glapwell Nurseries – Mr Hill
Proposal: Installation of green mesh metal fencing and laurel hedge to north-west boundary and infill gated opening to existing western brick boundary wall
Address: Nottinghamshire County Council, Edwinstowe Hall, Church Street, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION: Permitted

2. Application No: 18/00374/FUL
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Cheesmond
Proposal: Householder application for proposed front, rear and side extension with internal alterations. New alternative vehicular access with new drop kerb
Address: 8 Paddock Close, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION: Refused

NOTICE OF APPEAL

1. Application No: 18/00222/FUL
Appeal Ref No: APP/B3030/W/18/3200529
Appellant: Mr Cuthbert
Proposal: Resubmission of 17/00535/FUL: Conversion of the Manvers Arms Public House (Class A4) to a convenience store (Class A1). Convert the existing 3 bed flat at first floor level to two 2-bed flats.
Address: Manvers Arms Public House, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION:

18/024 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 12th June 2018 – noted

Meeting closed 2020hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design