Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes May 2013

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 15 May 2013 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs L Benson, Cocking, Brooks, Starbrook, Tattersall, Ayre, Freeman, George, J Peck

Apologies: Cllrs Boughey - illness, K Peck - work commitments

13/012 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman opened the meeting and read the following statement from Nottinghamshire County Council concerning the new visitor centre.

"Contractual negotiations are still taking place between the County Council and Discovery Attractions. Both sides are working hard on the details of the contract. The site is a Natural Nature reserve, so a site of special scientific importance and because it is a complex proposal, it is taking a little longer than first anticipated to get through this stage of the process.

After contracts negotiations have concluded the next stage would be for Discovery Attractions to seek planning permission from Newark & Sherwood District Council.

However, Rob Gray, Marketing Director for Discovery Attractions, has said this week that the project is still on track to welcome the first visitors to the attraction in 2015, as initially forecast last October."

13/013 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Apologies had been accepted and approved at the AGM.

13/014 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

13/015 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 9th April 2013

Minutes approved and signed by Chairman.

13/016 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

  1. Fields in Trust - update
    The chosen sites have been formally accepted by Fields in Trust, we are just awaiting approval of the Jubilee Park site from Nottinghamshire County Council. The sites are designated as leisure sites.

  2. Henton Road dog walking park gates - update
    The gates have now been replaced (at a fraction of the previous quote) by a local company. The pedestrian gate is currently being made and will be installed when received.

  3. Correction - new PCSOs
    The PCSO for Edwinstowe will be Laura Bowditch.

  4. Parish precept - response from Phil Ward
    Copy of the response is available to view in the Parish Council Office (by prior appointment). The meeting accepted the response.

  5. Public Consultation - Draft Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document
    Copy available to view in the Parish Council Office (by prior appointment) - planning Committee to discuss at next meeting.

  6. Interactive speed signs - Rufford Road
    Speed and volume monitoring cables have been installed on Rufford Road to ascertain the necessity for a permanent interactive speed sign. Nottinghamshire County Council Highways Department have approved a temporary sign to be installed mid-August for a period of 6 weeks. Once all the data has been collected a decision will be made whether to install a permanent sign.

    The previous permanent interactive speed sign had been removed due to vandalism so the area has previously met the necessary criteria.

    1910hrs - Cllr Starbrook left the meeting and returned at 1913hrs

  7. Skate Park
    There has been a delay in receiving the design which means the consultation meetings will also be delayed slightly. There will be plenty of notification before the consultations so as many residents/interested parties can attend.

    We have received donations from the Rotary Club who are strongly in favour of the skate park as are most of the village. Letter of thanks to Rotary Club

13/017 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1917hrs

Residents from Friars Park estate (adjacent to Jubilee Park - site for the skate park) attended and raised various concerns about the skate park including -

  1. Distance from residential properties
  2. Appropriateness of the chosen location
  3. Noise levels
  4. Health & safety
  5. How many residents will benefit from the facility
  6. The Parish Council's response to the recent survey conducted of residents in the vicinity

The comments were noted however, no definitive response could be given as we do not currently have a design. All residents/interested parties will have an opportunity to voice their concerns/express their support for the scheme at the public consultations.

A copy of the outcome from the recent survey carried out by residents of Friars Park will be delivered to the Parish Council shortly.

Amby Tatla, General Manager of Forest Holidays (Sherwood Cabins) introduced himself. The cabins are extremely popular and a request for a further 21 cabins has been submitted.

Forest Holidays are keen to work with the local community and would like to contribute to the village - possibly donate a tree at Christmas.

Ended 1942hrs

13/018 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1943hrs

Cllr George - potholes on the Avenues have been marked up but it does not appear that the ones near Nightingale Nursing Home have been included. Clerk to check

Ended 1944hrs

13/019 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Safer Neighbourhood Group
    The targets were agreed as -
    • Vehicle Nuisance
    • Dog Fouling
    • Antisocial Behaviour/Underage drinking at Forest Corner

    The next meeting will be on 2nd July at 6.00pm in the Council Offices.

13/020 AGENDA

  1. New system for dog bin emptying
    N&SDC have recently introduced a change of policy for dog bin emptying. If our dog bins have an insert, N&SDC will no longer line them with black bags. As this is a service we pay for and due to health and safety risks, it was agreed to write to N&SDC to ask them to reconsider this decision. Clerk to send email

13/021 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

NAME DESCRIPTION COMMENTS
East Midlands Trains Major resignalling works at Nottingham 20.07.13 - 25.08.13 Noted
Notts Association of Local Councils Request for nominations for the Valerie Gillespie Cup - best community project to enhance local environment (nominations by 31.10.13) Noted
Living Streets Campaign to introduce 20mph speed limits See agenda item - County Councillor report
St Mary's Church Rooms Details on how to book Church Rooms The Church Rooms can be booked via Wendy at Village Exchange or by ringing 07840 435796. The venue is proving very popular.
St Mary's Church Thank you for grant awarded Noted
Edwinstowe 1st Scout Group Thank you for grant awarded Noted
Village Hall Management Committee Request to extend 2 hour stay at car park at rear of Village Hall The Chairman has written to Andy Statham (N&SDC) to formally request informal exploratory discussions take place for the Parish Council to take over the village car parks. It may not be a financially viable option and nothing will take place without the full consent of the Parish Council.


13/022 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

  1. J Bellamy & A Monday Charities
    A discussion took place concerning the appropriateness of a Parish Council representative on the J Bellamy and A Monday charities. It was agreed not to appoint a representative as it was felt it was important that they stood independent from the Parish Council. Clerk to write letter

13/023 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Approval of Internal Audit - previously circulated to all Councillors and available to view in the Parish Council Offices
    The Internal Audit and Annual Governance Statement were reviewed, approved and signed by the Chairman.

13/024 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
04.04.13 Rural Community Action Notts Annual Membership £25.00
04.04.13 N&SDC Rates - Cemetery £589.05
04.04.13 N&SDC Rates - Mansfield Rd Toilets £658.35
04.04.13 N&SDC Waste Disposal - Cemetery £523.64
08.04.13 David Playford - JKE Web Design Website Design £581.00
08.04.13 Village Hall Mgt Cttee Electricity to 08.04.13 £86.68
08.04.13 Notts County Council Salt Bags £25.00
09.04.13 Post Office Tax for Council Van £215.00
15.04.13 Cash Petty Cash £88.84
15.04.13 Oak Industrial Loo Rolls - Disinfectant £49.20
15.04.13 Notts County Council Jubilee Park Rent £1.00
15.04.13 Intervend Water Machine £6.00
15.04.13 AON Ltd Insurance Renewal £6,325.90
15.04.13 B&Q (Trade UK) Equipment £92.32
16.04.13 S&E Timber Bench Repairs £34.56
17.04.13 Henry Perry Henton Road Gates £231.95
17.04.13 N&SDC Planning Enquiry - Jubilee Park £48.00
18.04.13 Society of Local Council Clerks Annual Membership £162.00
01.05.13 Town & County Village Grass Cutting (5 weeks) £2,149.20

Approved and signed.

13/025 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

13/026 PLANNING MATTERS April 2013

  1. Training course - major planning applications
    Cllr Freeman and Cllr George would like to attend the course

A discussion took place concerning when to hold Planning Committee meetings. It was agreed to hold them 'monthly' starting from Friday 31st May 2013, at 10.30am in the Council Offices.

Information concerning Community Infrastructure levy money (replacing s106 monies) has been received. Copies to all councillors, Agenda item for June meeting and for next Planning Committee meeting

13/027 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

District Councillors Report - May 2013.

The new committee system has been formally adopted which should be more democratic.

Both District Councillors have been working on individual casework especially concerning the bedroom tax, lifeline charges for non users.

County Councillors Report - May 2013.

Congratulations to John Peck on his re-election and is also the Lead for Children and Young Peoples Services.

Reference the 20mph campaign - there is a manifesto commitment to introduce this outside all Nottinghamshire schools. Zig Zag road markings will be compulsory.

Lansbury Road - resurfacing of two-thirds of Lansbury Road will commence in June. The concrete part will not be resurfaced as it is concrete and is structurally sound. C/Cllr Peck has campaigned hard to get this work done and will continue to be an active Parish, District and County Councillor.

13/028 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 11 June 2013

Meeting closed at 2040hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design