Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Wednesday 14 May 2014 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe
Present: Cllrs Cocking, Ayre, Tattersall, Benson, Starbrook, George, Brooks, J Peck, K Peck, Freeman
Apologies: Cllr Boughey - ill health
14/012 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Chair opened the meeting and reminded all present of the rules for public and members question times drawing their attention to point 4.
"A question will not be received by the Council where the issue it concerns has been the subject of a decision of the Council in the last six months."
Copies of these rules are provided at every Ordinary Meeting. It is not the Council's wish to exclude members of the public from their meetings.
The Chair asked the meeting if anyone present would be recording the meeting. One member of the public indicated that they would be recording.
14/013 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received and accepted unanimously
Apologies were approved and accepted.
14/014 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
Cllr Starbrook - personal interest in agenda item 14/020 (ii)
14/015 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 10th April 2014
Approved unanimously (by those Councillors who had been present) and signed by the Chair.
14/016 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING
14/017 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)
The Chair read the rules for Public/Members question time.
A resident asked why the meeting day had been changed from a Thursday to a Wednesday. Was it to disadvantage residents so they were unable to attend? The Chair after consultation with the Clerk, informed the meeting that the dates had been displayed in prominent places including the website since March 2014.
A resident asked how the skate park had been received. Later agenda item
A resident asked why a question could not be asked concerning a matter that the Council had made a decision on within the preceding six months if in their opinion the question had not been adequately answered by the Council.
A resident asked whether the wording on the notice at the skate park would be altered to include opening/closing times so the police can move skaters on.
A resident asked what the Council was going to do about the wooden section of the skate park.
A resident asked how they would know the rules of public question time as they had not attended the last meeting.
A resident asked what the point of this section was, if members of the public are unable to ask questions.
A resident has carried out research on the internet and accepts that minutes should not be a verbatim record, he commented on the quality of the Parish Council minutes stating they were at best dubious.
A resident commented on the anti-climb paint that had been put on the gate between Friar's Park and Jubilee Park and questioned whether residents had carried out the proper checks before using it. He asked who had keys to the gates and whether Jubilee Park was for the whole village or just certain Friar's Park residents.
A resident reported a loose drain cover at the entrance to Friar's Park. Clerk to report
A resident commented on his statement made at the last meeting where he read from a quote from Hamlet concerning moral and political corruption and how he had likened it to Edwinstowe Parish Council. He has a list of 20 different cases, with evidence, where the Parish Council has, in his opinion, acted illegally. The Chair requested the evidence be left with the Parish Council. (Note: No information was given to the Clerk)
As there was still some time left, the same resident was able to ask another question.
At the last meeting the Parish Council the Chairman said that the Solicitors letter that had been received would be referred to the Law Society. Has this been done? What was the result? Chair to write a written response
Some of the above questions will be answered later in the agenda. Where we have resident's details, we will respond in writing to their questions. Please note - Residents are only named in the minutes when they have introduced themselves during this section of the meeting.
14/018 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES)
14/019 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE
Available from Parish Council Office.
All reports and minutes have been recorded correctly. Unanimously agreed
14/021 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)
|NALC||DEFRA's Rural Community Energy Fund||
Agenda item - June
Display on website and noticeboards
|Notts County Council||One stop customer service points for both County and District Councils||Establish where nearest face to face service point is and display on noticeboards and website|
|Newark & Sherwood District Council||National Citizen Service||Display on website and noticeboards|
|Newark &anp; Sherwood District Council||District Wide Housing Market & Needs Assessment 2014||Noted as deadline has expired|
|10 Downing Street||The new Employment Allowance||Noted - display website details on our website|
|Mark Spencer MP||Thank you letter||Noted|
|Local Resident||Parish Council support letter||The letter was read to the meeting but it was thought inappropriate to disclose the senders details|
14/022 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES
14/023 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)
14/024 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL
Approved and signed by Chair.
|DATE||PAYEE||DESCRIPTION||AMOUNT inc VAT|
|06.03.14||Notts County Council||Grit/Salt||£25.00|
|07.03.14||EON||Christmas Lights Electric||£42.30|
|07.03.14||Viking Stationery||Copier Paper||£27.88|
|10.03.14||Andrew Mellors||Newsletter Deliveries||£200.00|
|11.03.14||Severn Trent Water||Cemetery Water||£92.26|
|14.03.14||CISWO||4th Avenue Play Area Rent||£80.48|
|17.03.14||N&SDC||Mansfield Rd Toilets Rates||£671.81|
|20.03.14||Village Hall Management Committee||Electric to 20.03.14||£105.75|
|21.03.14||N&SDC||Dog Bin Contract||£1,697.28|
|27.03.14||evoweb marketing||Skate park flyers||£80.00|
|01.04.14||David Playford||Website Management Fee||£300.00|
|02.04.14||Sign Solutions||Skate Park Signs||£171.60|
|04.04.14||Computer Station||Computer Repairs||£60.00|
|09.04.14||Post Office||Van Tax||£220.00|
|11.04.14||Trade UK Ltd||Equipment||£21.14|
|11.04.14||Notts County Council||Jubilee Park Rent||£1.00|
|11.04.14||Nicom Alarms||Alarm Repairs at Pavillion||£90.00|
|14.04.14||Location Audio||Skate Park Opening||£355.00|
|16.04.14||S&F Roofing||Roof Repairs to Village Hall||£285.00|
|22.04.14||Viking Stationery||Copier Paper||£19.52|
|25.04.14||Town & Country||Village Grass Cutting||£1,630.80|
|25.04.14||Central Garage||MOT/Service Van||£163.50|
It was questioned why we pay CISWO rent for Fourth Avenue play area. This is a peppercorn rent.
The roof repairs to the Village Hall was queried and approved unanimously. It may be necessary to fit a motion sensor light in the hallway as it will be quite dark during the darker nights. Clerk to monitor situation
14/025 GRANT APPLICATIONS
14/026 PLANNING MATTERS
14/027 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)
D/Cllr Brooks has been dealing with planning issues and complaints concerning the increases to charges for services provided by N&SDC.
C/Cllr Peck has already reported on the main issues during the meeting.
14/028 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Thursday 12th June 2014, Annual Parish Meeting - Thursday 22nd May at 6.30pm
The Chair requested setting a date for the Personnel & Staffing Working Group to meet as there are several issues to discuss including working hours/duties and correspondence received from Unison. Cllr Freeman declared an interest as an employee of Unison. Clerk to email working group for availability.
2055hrs - Meeting closed
Web Design by JKE Web Design