Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30am - 6.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes October 2020

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 13th October 2020 at 7.00pm via Zoom as a remote meeting. There were no members of the public in attendance.

20/51 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Chair asked if anyone was recording the meeting other than the Clerk.

Meeting was recorded by Cllrs Murphy, K Peck and Troop.

20/52 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllrs Freeman and Peacock.

Approved.

20/53 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS

Cllr Murphy - allotments

20/54 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 8th SEPTEMBER 2020

Cllr Troop requested that the Bus Shelter discussion included relocation to a safe place.

Approved

Chair reported that July minutes with amendments are now on the website as suggested. The Parish Council no longer publish draft minutes.

20/55 MATTERS ARISING (following NALC guidelines)

Chair requested that all matters arising to be on agenda in the future .

Chair reported that the Clerk had met two local plumbers who spent an hour each measuring up the Village Hall Toilets, but had not yet provided quotes. A councillor suggested we try local, but it has not been successful.

Cllr J Peck suggested that national companies who specialise in public building projects quote for the Village Hall public toilets, as local plumbers have not produced quotes.

20/56 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION, STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
(FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION

None.

20/57 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS TO COUNCIL FROM MEMBERS

Cllr Troop raised query from resident on the High street Woodhead development on responsibility of the communal garden area. Cllr J Peck responded that it is not the Parish Council responsibility, there will be a maintenance contract in place.

Chair reported Lidsters were contacted again, they had not got back in touch regarding the Memorial Garden, it is understood that the majority of Lidsters staff were back from furlough. The Parish Council have now sent a letter.

20/58 TO RECEIVE DRAFT MINUTES AND REPORTS OF THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEES, SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS

  1. Thoresby Vale – Working Group

    Cllr J Peck reported that the meeting with Joel Gandhi at Thoresby Vale had been postponed. Members had received minutes from the clerk.

  2. Allotment Committee – Letters

    Cllr Ayre reported that the meeting was cancelled, one now set for the 27th of this month at 12pm. Two matters to discuss today which should be discussed under confidential matters, may include a data protection matter moved to confidential.

    Agreed

  3. Events Committee

    Cllr K Peck reported ideas suggested were sent to the British Legion including two minute silence on doorsteps and British Legion could film / livestream activity at the Cenotaph. Placing poppies on lamp posts and in the village hall windows. Possibility of placing union Jack flags onto the village hall. Cllr K Peck had contacted the business forum with details of the “Open for business campaign” run by NSDC including posters and banner. Parish Council had spent £350 on the Book event, would like to run event next year.

    Events committee proposed moving Christmas lighting day forward to 19th November 2020.

    Approved

    A discussion tool place on Christmas preparations including; increased high street lighting, extra village tree by the library, small tree by the triangle at bottom of high street, small trees mounted above shops with lights and to work with local businesses.

    Cllr J Peck offered financial contribution to the Christmas Lights from his County Council fund.


  4. Green Working Group

    Cllr Troop gave an update on the working group including arranging a future meeting with NSDC on car park electric charging points, village x change now open, Sapling Gathering to continue, Green checklist for developers, Green working in the office, Solar panels, Visits to Thoresby and additional sites were discussed.

    Cllr Murphy suggested that Cllr Peacock could join the green working group.


  5. Emergency Planning Working Group

    Cllr Troop gave update on COVID risk assessment plan to ensure they were robust. Looking into Edwinstowe Community Plan with Cllr Brown and establish links with community groups during pandemics.

    Chair thanked the Clerk as it is an excellent Risk Plan document, comprises ten pages. Chair proposed that Cllr Troop to meet Clerk weekly to discuss any new developments to the plan as they have worked well together.

    Approved

    Cllr Carlton joined the Parish Council meeting after attending a meeting from NSDC.


  6. Statement from Chair on status of committees

    Chair provided clarification on who does what. All decisions has to be made through full council, do not delegate final decisions to groups. Committees are formal groups, working groups are usually single issue groups and task and finish. Deal with one thing, once dealt with, the groups work is over. Working groups are less formal and report back whether to a committee or full council. You don’t have to have a Chair for a working group, Thoresby Vale has no Chair for example.

    Cllr Troop requested that the Emergency Planning Working Group becomes a subcommittee. Chair responded that we can only set a subcommittee at an AGM. A Chair can be elected for Emergency Planning at each meeting if required.

20/59 AGENDA

  1. High Street

    Cllr J Peck gave an update that the foundation slabs for the statute are down, and the statue is now ready. VIA need to arrange date for installation. Plus other street furniture. New trees have survived the summer.


  2. Gateway Signs

    Cllr J Peck gave an update that VIA officer Shaun Brown has visited locations for each sign, await his report. Give the go-ahead for signage company to undertake artwork for council approval. Aim for sign installation in the Spring.


  3. Skate Park

    Cllr J Peck and other council members met an Officer from NCC to request an inspection of the internal framework of the skatepark to see extent of rotted timber. Cllr J Peck e-mailed summary of the meeting to the NCC Officer.

    Chair updated that the sign has been replaced. Notice board that was repaired with Perspex has been damaged again. A discussion took place on the Perspex. Cllr Troop offered a donation of perplex to the council.


  4. Sherwood Fields - correspondence received

    Chair reported that clerk written to Andy Hardy at NSDC on the drainage issues regarding the Robin Hood Colts Sports Pavilion and request a legal statement from NSDC.

    Approved

    A discussion took place on the sports pavilion.


  5. Office Closure

    Chair updated that the office is now closed on COVID advice. A discussion took place on the office closure.

    Chair requested that if councillors wish to attend future outdoor meetings to contact the clerk.


  6. Book Day

    Updated earlier.


  7. Van

    Chair requested a discussion on the van to take place at a future Finance committee meeting. Cllr J Peck requested a November Finance Committee meeting to include budget setting and possibly an additional £2,500-£3,000 each year for a van lease.


  8. COVID-19 Community Volunteers

    Cllr K Peck met with volunteer co-ordinators, relaunched volunteer group, contacted everyone helped previously by phone. Vulnerable residents still staying at home, Vicar has now left the village. Cllr Ayre thanked Cllr Murphy for the volunteer coordinator sheets.


  9. Cenotaph

    Chair reported that Land Registry forms had been drafted with assistance from NSDC and once submitted the Parish Council will own that land.


  10. Village Map Interpretation and Directional Signage

    A discussion took place on signage and interpretation options at Forest Corner. Both councillors Carlton and Peacock had been working with NSDC, the Clerk has contacted the RSPB.


  11. Winding Wheel

    Cllr J Peck updated that the Parish Council had requested a meeting to confirm location of the winding wheel with RSPB at Forest Corner as the design and planning permission granted. Harworths have requested colour scheme from the Parish Council for the winding wheel. Suggested to duplicate the Interpretation from the Thoresby Memorial Garden.

20/60 Correspondence

  1. NSDC Parish Conference 2020
  2. NALC Bulletin – Chief Executive
  3. NCC Have Your Say
  4. NALC Bulletin – test & trace
  5. Public Enquiry - Horses
  6. Personnel Solutions – home working
  7. NSDC – Cleaner Greener Grant
  8. NSDC – Andy Hardy S106 Monies
  9. Woodheads – landscaping work
  10. NSDC – “Night Action”
  11. Christmas Tree – Forest Holdings
  12. Edwinstowe Illustrated Map
  13. What 3 Words
  14. Village Hall Committee
  15. Village Hall COVID
  16. NALC – Breakthrough Communications
  17. Parish Town Council Focus Group
  18. Village Hall QR Codes
  19. Funding update Toilets
  20. Harworths – Thoresby Vale update
  21. Warsop Parish Council
  22. NSDC – COVID Guidance
  23. NALC – Right to Contest Survey
  24. Road Works Bulletin
  25. Replacement Bus Shelter
  26. NSDC – Open for Business Campaign
  27. NALC – not holding face to face meetings
  28. NALC Bulletin – Chief Executive
  29. Mental Health Support Services
  30. RSPB – restaurant / catering van update
  31. VIA – High Street Update

Cllr K Peck suggested that the Parish Council write to the stables to clear up horse manure from highways. Agreed to contact NSDC environmental health for advice.

Chair reported that Woodheads were undertaking landscaping works adjacent to Ollerton Road allotments.

It was agreed that any Councillor requests for S106 money to go through the Clerk. Produce a list of S106 commitments.

20/61 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

20/62 INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)
04.09.2020 Salaries Wages £1,964.07
07.09.2020 Town & Country Grass cutting £1,609.20
07.09.2020 Prime Property Repairs £340.00
07.09.2020 Cobb & Son Grave Digg £250.00
08.09.2020 Konica Minolta Photocopier £20.70
08.09.2020 CISWO Annual Rent £81.84
11.09.2020 Platts Harris Mower £401.33
14.09.2020 D A Williams Test Fire Alarm system £75.00
15.09.2020 Central Garage Van repair £174.00
15.09.2020 MDL Edwinstowe Ltd Hanging Baskets £360.00
16.09.2020 Ultimate Print Ltd Printing – Map / Barry leaflet £120.00
16.09.2020 Christine Goldschmidt Illustrated Map £75.00
16.09.2020 Ultimate Print Ltd Printing - leaflets £45.00
18.09.2020 Salaries Wages £5,0183.31
21.09.2020 NCC Pension £2,941.92
30.09.2020 Worksop Van Hire Vehicle Hire £350.00
01.10.2020 JKE Web Design Software Renewal £59.99
01.09.2020 B & Q Maintenance supplies £86.16
01.09.2020 B & Q Maintenance supplies £11.34
01.09.2020 B & Q Polystyrene Sheet £58.00
01.10.2020 Central Garage Van repair £108.00
02.10.2020 Leanne Moden Wellbeing workshop / Memory writing workshop £150.00
02.10.2020 Salaries Wages £2,042.36
02.10.2020 HMRC PAYE/NIC £1,638.52
02.10.2020 Bunzle Black Bags £119.82
02.10.2020 County Signs 2 x Dibond Signs & fixings £420.00
06.10.2020 Platts Harris Strimmer parts £14.40
08.10.2020 B & Q Maintenance supplies £58.95
08.10.2020 NAS Membership £67.00
08.10.2020 Viking Bags / Street Cleaning £213.49

20/63 DIRECT DEBITS FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)
09.09.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £62.99
16.09.2020 Sage UK Ltd Software £20.40
23.09.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £7.56
25.09.2020 Better Connected Telecoms £84.01
30.09.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £56.35
30.09.2020 Unity Trust Handling Charge £3.50
30.09.2020 Unity Trust Service Charge £32.10
01.10.2020 NSDC East lane car park £58.00
01.10.2020 NSDC West lane car park £49.00
01.10.2020 DVLA Vehicle Tax £23.18
07.10.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Service charge £3.60

20/47 INCOME

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
09.09.2020 Cemetery - Full Burial £710.00
09.09.2020 Cemetery - Full Burial £710.00
09.09.2020 Cemetery - Burial Reservation £450.00
11.09.2020 Cemetery – GOR Burial £370.00
11.09.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £150.00
11.09.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £150.00
16.09.2020 Magazine Advert £225.00
22.09.2020 Cemetery – Burial Reservation £460.00
25.09.2020 Magazine Advert £25.00
25.09.2020 Magazine Advert £50.00
25.09.2020 Precept £64,750.00
06.10.2020 Grant - Magazine £1,825.00
07.10.2020 Magazine Advert £75.00
  Total £69,950.00

BANK BALANCE   £128,132.13

20/65 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; BULLET POINTS TO CLERK)

Report from County Councillor J Peck
My request to resurface Church Street which was agreed earlier this year will be carried out in two parts. The pavement will be done this month and the road will be resurfaced during February, weather permitting. Merryweather Close should have been resurfaced in March. Met with officers from VIA on Boy Lane put in a request for resurfacing to take place.

The County Council has agreed to write to the Secretary of State asking that he agree to Nottinghamshire commence the process of making the case for abolition of the County and District Councils and replacing them with a single unitary local authority. I spoke against this at the present time, arguing this discussion could wait until after the May local elections as officers and councillors should be concentrating on the rising Coronavirus in the County and not spending our time on a huge and expensive local government reorganisation. The Unitary status has now fallen through again after Secretary of State Robert Jenrick has now turned down the request.

Report from District Councillor Carlton
I have confirmation that the Alcohol Control Public Space Protection Order for Edwinstowe will remain in place. Committee went against officer recommendation for removal. NSDC Environmental Health Team visited all trading premises on the High Street last week to ensure COVID compliance. Feedback from NSDC officers has been very positive. Colleagues will be aware that the Black Swan was served a 21 day notice with regards to compliance with current COVID regulations. This is being kept under watch and I have asked for the Parish Council to be kept informed.

Tree at Abbey Road Centre, I have pushed again to NSDC for them to action. Once again dealing with a number of issues with resident’s council properties. Undertaken a fundraising exercise in aid of St Mary’s church to help restore the Chime Mechanism. I did a Virtual Walk of Hadrian Wall. I have raised approx. £1,700 (last few donations to collect in). Works quoted at £1500. Clock smith now instructed to commence works.

20/66 CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS

To resolve to exclude the Press and public from the following item(s) in accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960.

20/67 DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

Tuesday 10th November 2020.

Meeting ended at: 9.30 pm

Web Design by JKE Web Design