Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes March 2018

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 13 March 2018 at 7.00pm in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Benson, Brooks, Brown, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck, Tattersall, Troop

Apologies: Cllrs McLaughlin & Starbrook

17/145 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting, welcomed all present. The Chair reminded councillors about a workshop being held by Western Power Distribution on 26th March 2018. Let Clerk know if interested.

17/146 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Reasons were noted.

17/147 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

  1. Cllr Brown 17/153(iii)

17/148 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 13th FEBRUARY 2018

Minutes were approved unanimously and signed by the Chair.

17/149 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

  1. Village Memorial Statue
    It was agreed to send a letter for an update.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to send letter

  2. Ringing Out for Peace
    The Church bells are already being rung.

17/150 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (10 MINUTES)

Commenced 1905hrs

Cllr K Peck – A resident has reported vehicles speeding on Sixth Avenue on Saturday mornings when attending Robin Hood Colts. A resident has reported one of the school buses speeding on Sixth Avenue.

RESOLVED: - Clerk to write to relevant organisations.

Cllr Peacock reported dog mess on Sixth Avenue, Fourth Avenue and around the old Welfare Car park.

RESOLVED: - Clerk to inform dog warden. Article in next magazine.

Cllr Brown asked for an update on the railings outside the Old Bakery. A planning application has been submitted to replace with railings of the same style.

Cllr Tattersall thanked the amenity workers for clearing the snow during the recent bad weather.

Cllr Brooks informed the meeting that the Old Library have submitted an appeal and an enforcement notice has been served elsewhere in the village.

Ended 1909hrs

17/151 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Cemetery Sub Committee
    Cllr Tattersall read the following: -

    We respect the fact that the cemetery is the last resting place of friends and relatives and want to keep it as nice as possible. We all agree that the cemetery looks beautiful and maintained to a high standard.

    In view of this, we have made some adjustments to the cemetery rules which will be read out later. We hope the new rules will address some of the concerns that have been raised.

    The sub-committee meeting took place at Forest Cemetery and the Village Hall. All items were discussed at length.

    The full minutes of the meeting are available for anyone who wants to see them.

    Sub-Committee meetings are open to the public. As Chair of the Cemetery Sub Committee, I can decide to allow members of the public to speak.

    Any concerns raised between meetings should be referred to the Parish Council Office and they can be forwarded to the appropriate committee.

    The proposed rule changes were read to the meeting: -

    19. Christmas wreaths/decorations whether they are on the headstone or grass; must be removed by 31st January each year. Any wreaths/decorations that have not been removed by this date will be removed and disposed of by the Parish Council.

    20. No shrubs or plants may be planted on any grave. A flower vase may be incorporated in the headstone. No additional materials or ornaments other than a memorial stone of the size and pattern approved by the Parish Council shall be permitted on the plot. Any vases, plant pots or other containers which are placed on the grass will be removed and disposed of.

    21. Floral tributes (only) will be allowed on the grass for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, Father’s Day and Remembrance Sunday. They will be removed and disposed of after 7 days.

    22. Floral tributes (only) will be allowed to be placed on the grass on three other occasions during the year. Application must be made to the Parish Council Office for approval prior to placing the floral tribute. The floral tribute will be removed and disposed of after 7 days. If no application is received, the floral tribute will be removed immediately.

    After a discussion, it was agreed to include the type of floral tribute permitted, i.e. flower arrangements, wreaths, bouquets or bunches of flowers.

    After a discussion, it was agreed to include examples of the type of occasion i.e. birthdays, anniversaries etc

    If there are two people interred in a grave, both will have the additional three occasions.

    Rules 23/26/28 and 29 have been updated to include the words ‘memorial plaque’.

    Updates were approved unanimously.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to update rules and publish on cemetery noticeboard, website etc.

    A small number of official complaints has been received. No members of the public have attended either the Cemetery Sub Committee meeting or this Ordinary meeting. The updates to the rules make sense and shows the Parish Council have listened.

    Graves with temporary crosses/no headstones were discussed. It was suggested that leniency be given until the permanent memorial is installed and that a timeframe be given for the installation. It was also suggested that consideration be given to the area in which memorial plaques are placed.

    RESOLVED: - Cemetery Sub-Committee to discuss

17/152 AGENDA

  1. Annual Parish Meeting Date
    It was proposed to hold the meeting on Wednesday 25th April 2018 at 6.00pm. Guest speakers to be invited from Sherwood Forest Education Partnership and the local Frackfree organisation.

    Approved unanimously.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to invite guest speakers

  2. Meeting Dates 2018/9
    The proposed meeting dates were approved unanimously.

    RESOLVED: - Dates to be circulated

  3. Allotment Shed
    A response has been received from the Secretary of Edwinstowe Allotment & Garden Association.

    ‘…I have today spoken to the insurance company and they are going to insure the shed as soon as possible, when I get the policy I will provide this and sign the lease immediately.’

    Noted

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to send letter

    Four allotment holders attended the Annual Meeting. Several matters were discussed including the road, use of hosepipes, leaking tap, non-allotment holders visiting the site etc.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to produce notices as appropriate

17/153 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

  1. NHS Mansfield & Ashfield CCG – Patient & Public Engagement Events
    There is an event being held on Thursday 22 March 2018 at South Forest Leisure Centre. Details on our website.

  2. Resident – Bus Routes
    Passed to C/Cllr J Peck for action.

  3. Woodhead Construction – Commencement of Works at Edwinstowe House
    Noted.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to write to Woodheads to ask when Phase 2 will commence.

  4. NALC – Best Kept Village Competition
    It was unanimously agreed not to enter this year.

  5. N&SDC – Bridleway Diversion Approval
    Noted.

17/154 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

None.

17/155 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. 11 Months Finance Review – Noted
    RESOLVED: - Clerk to arrange a Finance Committee meeting when year end complete.

17/156 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
February Staff Salaries £4,812.95
12.02.2018 Trade UK Account (inv) Supplies £67.10
14.02.2018 Cash Petty Cash £51.69
20.02.2018 The Flower Room (inv) Plants £15.00
23.02.2018 NCC Month 11 Pension £1,620.23
23.02.2018 HMRC Month 11 PAYE/NIC £1,111.72
26.02.2018 Water Plus (inv) Water Charges Public Conveniences £69.75
05.03.2018 Water Plus (inv) Water Charges Forest Cemetery £62.95
07.03.2018 A Busby Newsletter Delivery £200.00
07.03.2018 Notts County Council Banners for High Street x 3 & Bungees £310.85

Cheques/Invoices approved and signed by the Chair.

17/157 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

17/158 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

County Council

The patching work on Manvers Estate is now complete. The surface dressing will take place on 24th/25th April to include the service road on Mansfield Road.

It has been confirmed that yellow lines will be placed at the junction of Mill Lane/High Street. This work to be done during 2018/19.

Subject to negotiations, C/Cllr Peck’s proposal to reduce the weight limit on Rufford Road to the same as Mill Lane will be introduced. (Other than tractors going to their farms)

The speed limit on Gorsethorpe Lane has been reduced to 50mph – in line with Peafield Land and Mansfield Road.

The average speed cameras are now on Peafield Lane – up to Warsop roundabout. C/Cllr Peck has requested extending the cameras to Edwinstowe and will continue to pursue this.

Various potholes and blocked drains have been reported.

C/Cllr Peck inspected West Lane, with Highways Officers. They have agreed to patch the relevant sections and request a full resurface (from Fourth Avenue to the Fire Station).

C/Cllr Peck has donated a further £1,200 to the Thoresby Memorial Funds.

District Council

Ollerton Roundabout – the Housing Infrastructure Fund has refused the application for £6.2m towards the improvements. It was a very competitive national bidding round, N&SDC were nowhere near the top of the list of applicants. There has been under investment in our roads over a number of years and it is very doubtful future applications would be successful.

This has implications on Thoresby Development as without the upgrade to Ollerton roundabout, only 300 houses can be built. This has implications on jobs/housing and s106 monies.

N&SDC set the budget at a 1.97% increase.

The Economic Development Committee are considering investing £250k in refurbishing and extend the Craft Centre and to upgrade the old toilet block to two retail units.

Edwinstowe Hall has submitted a planning application to erect a fence and block the current entrance on Church Street.

17/159 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE) - 15 MINS

No public in attendance.

17/160 PLANNING

PLANNING DECISIONS

1. Application No: 18/00022/FUL
Applicant: Mr Brooks
Householder application two storey side extension
Address: 31 Lansbury Road, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION: Permitted

17/144 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 17th April 2018 at 7.00 pm – noted

Meeting closed 2010hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design