Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes November 2013

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 12 November 2013 at 7.00pm in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Benson, Cocking, Brooks, Starbrook, Ayre, Tattersall, J Peck, George

Apologies: Cllrs K Peck, Freeman - work commitments, Cllr Boughey - illness

13/097 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman opened the meeting

13/098 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

  1. Dispensation request from Cllr Boughey

Apologies and dispensation approved unanimously.

13/099 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

13/100 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 8th October 2013

Minutes approved and signed by the Chairman.

13/101 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

  1. 13/088i Skate Park
    The Chair put forward the idea that the Clerk write to the Rights of Way Officer for clarification about the rights of way following the information received from Barratts concerning their intentions. Clerk to write letter approved unanimously

  2. Fire Station - Official Opening
    When Cllr Tattersall attended the Official Opening of the Fire Station as representative of the Parish Council he felt that he was not acknowledged.

13/102 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

None.

13/103 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1905hrs

Cllr J Peck has received a request for a grit bin on Lansbury Road/East Lane junction. Clerk to ask Highways to carry out an assessment

Cllr Cocking had recently experienced a scary near-miss at the bottom of East Lane. She will be writing to Highways as a member of the public to ask them to reconsider the proposal for a one-way section of East Lane.

Cllr Ayre is reported that when residents of N&S Homes need the services of pest control they are being asked to pay £30 for an inspection and a further £30 if any work required. This is concerning as elderly residents are always told not to pay up front or anything before any service has been provided. Clerk to seek clarity with N&S Homes and D/Cllr Brooks to investigate

Cllr Tattersall was concerned that the cemetery is not currently being locked at night. Are we taking a risk? Agenda item for next meeting (Clerk to ask Kevin for a report of any incidents)

Ended 1913hrs

13/104 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Edwinstowe Business Forum
    Various plans ongoing to encourage more trade on the High Street and looking at re-launching Totally Locally.

13/105 AGENDA

  1. Skate Park
    The Noise Assessment and final plan have now been received. The predicted impact (from a noise point of view) is slight. The report is in the Parish Council office and is available to view during the normal office opening times. A notice will be put on the Parish Council website informing interested parties that the report is available. Clerk to inform web manager The new design shows earth bunding which will be used as a barrier to noise.

    As we have received a satisfactory noise assessment the Chairman has authorised NCC to commence work. Weather permitting this will be in January which is ideal for moving any trees, if necessary.

    We have received a letter from Barratts confirming that they have no objections to the youth provision contribution (£15,000) being used in a different location other than Jubilee Park. This has been noted however we are restricted to location as the funding provided by NCC has to be used on land that we either own or have on long term lease. We have been asked to reopen the Youth Club with the money but as the Parish Council does not own the building, the money would only be a drop in the ocean. We are currently looking at other Youth Club options.

  2. Christmas
    The Christmas lights are now fixed to 5 lamp posts on the High Street. Planning for the event is progressing well.

  3. Village Hall Sign
    The new sign is now in place and we have received many positive comments. Thank you to C/Cllr J Peck for his kind donation.

  4. West Lane Car Park
    We have now received clarification from the Practice Manager concerning allocation of spaces in the small area of car park near the surgery and that the PCT is responsible for the maintenance as landlords. Clerk to forward email to Andy Statham at N&SDC

    A discussion took place regarding the provision of more spaces, better signage and ensuring the lights are timed correctly. Article in next magazine and agenda for January meeting

  5. Recent Burglaries
    Since the recent burglaries there have been two arrests and the police are patrolling the village on foot.

    Residents should ensure they have adequate locks and padlocks on their sheds as these can be easy targets.

13/106 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

NAME DESCRIPTION COMMENTS
King Edwin Primary & Nursery School Grant Thank You Letter Noted
Nottinghamshire County Council Notts Mineral Plan - Preferred Approach Consultation The only impact on Edwinstowe is the possible extension of the spoil heap at Thoresby Colliery.
N&SDC Citizen of the Year Award Noted
Resident of Fourth Avenue Request to reopen Youth Centre Chair to reply

13/107 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

None.

13/108 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

Our insurers have agreed that we can install a central heating system in the pavilion. Finance Committee to discuss costs at next meeting

13/109 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
04.10.13 Cash Petty Cash £110.09
14.10.13 Oak Industrial Supplies Bin Liners, Disinfectant £152.66
16.10.13 B&Q Cable Ties/Misc Items £83.24
21.10.13 Quest Marquees Christmas Event £288.00
22.10.13 Cash Petty Cash £109.57
29.10.13 Town & Country Final Cut £494.40
30.10.13 pHs Sanitary Disposal £588.17
05.11.13 Cash Petty Cash £67.03
31.10.13 Intervend Water Machine Rental £6.00
31.10.13 Ap design Christmas Flyers & Banners £70.00

Cheques were approved and signed by the Chairman.

13/110 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

13/111 PLANNING MATTERS

See separate planning minutes Here.

The Clerk alerted the meeting about two applications which will be discussed at the next Planning Meeting which may be of interest to Councillors. One to build bungalows on part of the Manvers car park and the other to change Sherwood House (Ollerton Road) to a dwelling. Noted

Cllr Cocking asked how long after home improvements/extensions are carried out is the council tax looked at and re-evaluated. Clerk to investigate

13/112 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

District Councillors Report

The District Council needs to lose 10% from the budget. A third of the councils across the country are planning to put the rates up.

N&SDC are linking with other district councils to look at services that can be shared which will cut costs and not impact on services currently provided.

D/Cllr Brooks is currently working on N&S Homes issues.

County Councillors Report

Still working on the budget for 2014/15 - the required reductions are worse than first thought but Councillors are working hard trying to mitigate cuts to protect the vulnerable. The consultation process is ongoing.

Highways department are changing the way potholes are repaired, they will now be cut/filled and sealed. This process will take longer but should last much longer.

The first 20 mph speed zone has been introduced outside a primary school in the county. This will be rolled out across the county over the next few years.

The Local Improvement Scheme funding has been dramatically reduced and many new applications will not receive funding.

The County Councillors divisional fund is also being halved.

Seven youth clubs out of the 38 across the county are closing and the youth bus service is being reduced from 10 to 4 this will affect Edwinstowe. The remaining services will target the most disadvantaged communities. NCC is trying to encourage communities to take over a service wherever possible.

The library closure list has not yet been announced.

In total 122 services are being cut across the county.

13/113 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 10th December 2013 (IF REQUIRED) OR 14th January 2014

Meeting Ended 2015hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design