Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes March 2019

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 12 March 2019 at 7pm in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Brooks, Brown, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck, Tattersall, Troop

Apologies: Cllrs McLaughlin and Starbrook – prior commitments

18/152 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed those present.

The Chair requested item 18/160(ii) be moved until after 18/155 to allow for a member of the public to participate. Agreed unanimously.

18/153 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Reasons were approved unanimously.

18/154 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

18/155 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 12th FEBRUARY 2019

Minutes were approved unanimously and signed by the Chair.

Standing Orders suspended to allow member of the public to speak.

As part of the ‘Great British Spring Clean’ initiative, an Edwinstowe litter pick has been arranged for Sunday 14th April between 11.00am – 2.00pm. Equipment is being provided by N&SDC. For details contact adrian.wright@bilborough.ac.uk or Barbara at the Pet Shop.

The council were supportive of the event however felt it was important to stress that our work force do an excellent job and the every area of the village is litter-picked at least once per week.

The areas that were identified for the litter pick were the rural areas at the village extremities and not the heart of the village.

Standing orders reinstated.

18/156 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

  1. Annual Parish Meeting – 24th April 2019 at 7.00pm – date approved unanimously
    The guest speaker this year is Jenny Kirkwood from RCAN.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to publicise the event to encourage more attendees

  2. Dropped Kerbs
    These should be logged on the NCC website as a carriageway obstruction – at least one location for each road/street should be identified. The Network Inspector will then visit and take any appropriate action.

  3. Dog Fouling
    Details have been reported to the dog warden for investigation.

  4. Parking Issues
    The Chair read an email from Nottinghamshire Police – available to read in full on our website www.edwinstowe.co.uk

    A discussion took place concerning the growing issue of parking problems and what action the Parish Council can take to try and help. The Traffic Management Act 2004 allows local authorities to control parking enforcement on yellow lines, resident parking, public car parks and on-street parking. […] Individual councils can make Traffic Regulation Orders to impose bans on pavement parking.

    It was agreed to ask N&SDC to consider this action.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to contact N&SDC

    Cemetery Parking
    Despite requesting better signage for the cemetery car park – nothing has been done.

    It was agreed to arrange a meeting with RSPB to discuss options around the car park.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to arrange meeting

  5. N&SDC – Craft Centre Parking Update
    The Chair read a response from N&SDC who share the concerns of the Parish Council and will monitor the situation.

  6. Sherwood Forest Education Partnership – Cllr K Peck, Update
    Cllr K Peck attended the meeting. Ollerton currently run a youth council with representatives from each primary school. It is independent to, but a similar structure as the Town Council and supported by the Town Clerk.

    Cllr K Peck proposed developing a similar project in Edwinstowe.

    RESOLVED: - Agenda item April.

18/157 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (10 MINUTES)

Commenced 1934hrs

Cllr Peacock reported inconsiderate parking on Paddock Close.

Cllr Troop has been asked by residents why it is so difficult to get rented accommodation if you are in receipt of benefits and why it is difficult to get social housing in Edwinstowe. D/Cllr Brooks to raise at N&S.

Cllr K Peck reported the planning application for 9 bungalows on the Manvers Arms site. Plans have not yet been received.

Cllr J Peck asked whether the revised invoices have been received for the car park electricity. Clerk to chase.

Cllr Tattersall reported the chaos at the top of the High Street when the utility works were taking place.

Ended 1940hrs

18/158 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Allotment Site Visit & Annual Meeting, update
    Concerns were raised about the water supply as there appears to be a leak on site. More red shale was requested to repair the approach road.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to contact Severn Trent Water about the leak and SFVC about the red shale.
    Clerk to arrange Allotment Sub-Committee meeting in April

  2. Thoresby Memorial Sub Committee
    Work is progressing well. The railing should be in place next week and once the site is secure, the planting will begin.

    The memorial stone has been despatched and should be ready for installation in May.

    The information board is currently being designed.

    There was a discussion concerning the unveiling event.

    RESOLVED: - Events sub-committee to join with Thoresby Memorial sub-committee to organise the unveiling event.

18/159 AGENDA

  1. Invitation to unveiling of new memorial – 11.00am on 16th March 2019
    Cllr Troop was disappointed that the Parish Council were not more involved in the project.

  2. Staff Vacancies
    Nicola leaves 15.03.2019 – Alice will bridge the gap until the new administrator is appointed. It was agreed for the new clerk to be involved in the recruitment of the new administrator.
    Alice leaves on 28.03.2019. James Gamble has been appointed and will start on Monday 18th March to allow for a handover period.
    David leaves on 26.04.2019. Duncan Hancock has been appointed and will start on Monday 8th April 2019 to allow for a handover period.

  3. Wetlands Area – Update
    The development at Edwinstowe House has been delayed due to a highways agreement.

    C/Cllr Peck has previously offered his support to Woodheads to help move things along but has not heard anything.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to contact Woodheads

18/160 Correspondence (COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

  1. New Councillor Training - Noted.

  2. Edwinstowe Village Litter Pick - dealt with earlier on the agenda

  3. War Memorial – Historic England, Assessment for listing as part of First World War Commemoration Project
    There is a consultation taking place by Historic England – noted

18/161 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

Cllr K Peck – Sherwood Education Partnership. Approved unanimously.

18/162 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Request to purchase line marking machine and paint for car park lining – £189.85+ VAT
    Approved unanimously

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to order.

  2. Brushcutter
    It was approved unanimously to purchase a brushcutter and for discretion regarding price be used.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to research and order

18/163 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
08.03.2019 Staff Salaries (08.03.19) £3,484.30
22.02.2019 NCC Pension (Feb) £1,656.85
22.02.2019 HMRC PAYE/NIC (Feb) £1,118.94
22.02.2019 Staff Salaries (22.02.2019) £1,508.96
09.01.2019 NALC Annual Subscription (19.20) £797.64
08.03.2019 Cotgrave Funeral Gravedigger Fee £500.00
12.02.2019 NCC High Street Banners £398.40
14.02.2019 Konica Minolta Photocopy Rental £83.41
15.02.2019 Waterplus Cemetery Water £66.75
18.02.2019 JKE Web Design Magazine Design £500.00
18.02.2019 NCC Brush Heads £41.76
18.02.2019 Bunzl Cleaning Materials £126.38
20.02.2019 B&Q Woodstain £34.00
23.02.2019 Waterplus Allotment Water £109.48
26.02.2019 N&SDC Cemetery Refuse £603.14
26.02.2019 Konica Minolta Copy Charges £27.06
28.02.2019 N&SDC Dog Bin Contract £1,414.08
05.03.2019 Viking Stationery £49.76
05.03.2019 Resident Magazine Delivery £200.00

Cheques were approved and signed.

18/164 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

18/165 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

County Council

Around 20-30 potholes on Mansfield Road have been reported.

The pavement on Mansfield Road has been repaired.

At the budget meeting on 28.02.2019, the grant awarded to families with severely disabled children was withdrawn.

C/Cllr Peck is still awaiting the results of his 10 highways improvement requests. These will be published in May.

District Council

N&SDC have increased the budget by 1.4% which is in line with previous years. D/Cllr Peacock has worked hard on budget proposals for child poverty, health and equality. Agreement in principle has been given and the proposals now need to go through the committee system.

Housing continues to be a big issue and the authority is building more houses alongside the social housing being built by N&S Homes.

D/Cllrs have requested they are involved in the destination management group as Edwinstowe and Sherwood Forest are integral to the district’s tourism.

18/166 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE) - 15 MINS

No public in attendance.

18/167 PLANNING

None.

18/168 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY 2nd APRIL 2019 AT 7.00 PM – noted

Web Design by JKE Web Design