Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes June 2012

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 12 June 2012 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Tattersall, Starbrook, Ayre, Boughey, Brooks, Cocking, Benson, Freeman, J Peck

Apologies: Cllr K Peck

12/024 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.

12/025 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Apologies were approved and accepted.

12/026 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

12/027 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 10th May 2012

Minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman.

TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON 10th May 2012

Minutes were approved and signed by the Chairman.

12/028 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

  1. 11/181 - Cllr Peck asked whether a response had been received from C/Cllr Butler concerning the recent approved Local Improvement Scheme applications that the Parish Council had not been aware of. An email had been received however it did not answer the questions raised merely explained the application procedure. It was agreed to send a further letter requesting a response to the questions raised and to request details of who nominated the schemes chosen. Clerk and Chair to write letter.

  2. 12/014 - Cllr Peck attended a meeting of the Edwinstowe Business Forum and had given details of his recent survey of vehicles parking all day in the car parks on East and West Lane and on the High Street. Members of the Business Forum will approach the landlord from the Royal Oak to request use of part of his car park.

  3. The Parish Council is still investigating the possibility of adopting the car parks on East and West Lane.

  4. 12/016 - There will be an article in the next edition of the Edwinstowe News concerning potholes around the village. Cllr Tattersall proposed sending a letter to NCC Highways concerning the condition of the High Street. Approved unanimously Clerk to contact Highways Department.

  5. The Chair reported that the Tenants and Residents Association had been informed by C/Cllr Ward that Mill Lane was due to be resurfaced. C/Cllr Ward had not informed the Parish Council. Clerk to investigate with NCC Highways.

12/029 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

None.

12/030 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES) - commenced 1915hrs

Cllr Cocking requested a Parish Plan Meeting is arranged after the Olympic Torch Relay. Agenda item July.

Cllr Cocking reported that due to Euro 2012 vehicles are parking for extended periods outside pubs in the village and could create a hazard - especially on East Lane near the Hammer and Wedge. Noted

Cllr Freeman has received several complaints concerning the organisation at the Major Oak Medical Practice. Residents are happy with the treatment they are receiving but not the length of time it takes for an appointment. There is a NHS website - NHS Choices where patients can rate their surgery - Clipstone and Ollerton score 100% whereas Edwinstowe scores 58%. Cllrs Ayre, Tattersall and Starbrook are members of the Management Committee at the surgery and will monitor the situation. Cllr Ayre to feedback, as required, to the Parish Council.

Cllr Boughey asked whether letters had been sent to the West Lane and High Street residents concerning overhanging trees. The Clerk confirmed they had however the work had not yet been completed. The meeting requested reminder letters be sent politely requesting the works be completed prior to the Olympic Torch Relay as both properties are on the route.

Cllr Ayre requested an update concerning the big tree near Gaitskell Crescent and Beardsley Road - Cllrs Brooks and J Peck to raise with N&SDC.

Cllr J Peck conducted a pavement survey last year. To date no repair works have been carried out and pavements are deteriorating quite badly. Clerk to contact NCC Highways to request a walkabout.

Cllr George reported that the drains on Forest Corner are still full of soil and leaves. Clerk to report

Cllr George asked whether the Footpath between Mansfield Road and Fourth Avenue has been formally adopted. Clerk to investigate

Cllr Starbrook reported the very poor condition of Abbey Road.

Cllr Brooks requested a letter be sent to 12 Paddock Close concerning an overhanging tree Clerk to write letter.

Finished 1930hrs

12/031 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE,
WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Events
    Nothing to report.

  2. Newsletter
    To date 24 articles and 16 adverts have been received. The newsletter is due out mid July after the Olympic Torch Relay.

  3. Olympic Torch
    Cllrs Brooks, J Peck and the Clerk attended a meeting today (12th June). No further update on previous details. Roads will be closed between 10.00am and 12.00pm.

    Councillors to meet in the Village Hall at 9.00am to collect flags to distribute - please wear your name badge, you will be issued a Hi Vis vest to wear.

  4. Friars Park Update
    Cllrs J Peck and Brooks met recently with District Council Officers and representatives from Barratt Homes to discuss the works needed before the handover to the Parish Council.

    Fencing to the play area was discussed, however it was agreed to monitor the situation before making a final decision. There are local residents prepared to lock/unlock the area if required.

    Cllr Peck proposed that once formally handed over to the Parish Council the area should be named and suggested Edwinstowe Jubilee Park. Agenda item July meeting

12/032 AGENDA

  1. Jubilee Feedback
    The Chair thanked all Parish Council Staff for the massive effort both in the organisation and the execution of the event. Although the weather was dismal, approximately 500 people attended the event and the gazebos kindly loaned by the Visitor Centre meant people could sit and enjoy their picnics.

    Thanks to Pete Jones, Maxine Santana, Ben Haynes, Dukeries Singers and Dancedynamics for their valuable contribution on the day.

  2. Complaints Procedure
    The Chair has recently attended training on the new Standards and Code of Conduct guidance for members. A revised Complaints Procedure will be circulated before the next meeting for consideration. Clerk to circulate Complaints Procedure and agenda for July meeting.

  3. Dog Bin Request
    The parish Council has been informed that a dog bin will be installed on Budby Heath. There will be no cost to the Parish Council either for the bin or the emptying costs.

  4. Pavements
    See agenda item 12/030

12/033 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

Paul Shaw Fire Doors, Village Hall, Quote Noted - only for information as costs being borne by Management Committee.
NCC - Cllr Richard Butler Local Improvement Scheme Response See Agenda item - 12/028
Mark Spencer MP Early Day Motion on Planning Appeals Letter read by Chairman - noted
N&SDC 2012 Annual Playground Inspection Arranged for inspection at Henton Road play Area - noted
NCC Consultation Application to Register a Public Bridleway Between Edwinstowe, Clipstone and Rufford The Chair has requested a meeting with Steve Parkhouse to express support of the application.
N&SDC Code of Conduct and Related Matters Noted.
Home Start AGM Invite, Wednesday 11th July 10am Ollerton Town Hall Cllrs J Peck, Brooks and Benson to attend and will reply individually.

12/034 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR SUB-COMMITTEES OR
OTHER BODIES

None.

12/035 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Approval of Internal Audit
    The internal audit has been completed using the governance checklist. The only comment raised was although three quotes were obtained for CCTV works, the minute only showed the successful quote and not all that had been considered.

    The meeting approved the internal audit and noted the comment made.

  2. Audit Commission - Consultation of New External Auditor
    A consultation document has been received for the appointment of new external auditors commencing 2012/13. On first inspection the fees are cheaper than the current auditors. Noted

12/036 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
16.05.12 SLCC Membership £157.00
16.05.12 Town & Country Grass Cutting £1,342.80
16.05.12 Intervend Water £6.00
16.05.12 Trade UK Amenity Materials £134.68
16.05.12 Oak Industrial Amenity Materials £142.10
16.05.12 Viking Stationary £61.08
25.05.12 Tuxford Garage Petrol/Diesel £196.89
31.05.12 BT Telephone £136.10
31.05.12 Glasdon x3 Dog Bins £324.85
31.05.12 NALC LCR Subscription £31.00
31.05.12 Kwiz Biz Banners & Leaflets £220.00
31.05.12 Town & Country Grass Cutting £1,342.80
31.05.12 Maurice Richards Leaflet Distribution £137.50

Cheques approved and signed by the Chair.

12/037 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

12/038 PLANNING MATTERS May/June 2012

Members of the planning committee met prior to the Ordinary Meeting and approved all plans.

Comments were made concerning the application for security fencing at the Fire Station. It was agreed to send a note requesting a more appropriate/attractive iron style fencing in keeping with the area especially considering the location of the property on the edge of the conservation area. Agreed

Cllr Tattersall did not feel that the current planning meeting arrangements were working and requested an alternative. Agreed to meet after Ordinary Meeting to discuss.

Planning Decisions

1. Application No: 12/00349/FUL
Applicant: Mr J Rhodes
Proposal: Erection of a Conservatory
Site Address: 83 Mansfield Road
DECISION: APPROVED BY N&SCD

2. Application No: 12/00372/FUL
Applicant: Mr P Key
Proposal: Single Storey Side Extension
Site Address: 15 Ollerton Road
DECISION: APPROVED BY N&SCD

3. Application No: 12/00435/FUL
Applicant: Mr & Mrs A Rodgers
Proposal: Demolition of Conservatory & Erection of Kitchen Extension & Pitched Roof
Site Address: Innisfree, Friend Lane
DECISION: APPROVED BY N&SCD

Planning Applications

1. Application No: 11/00299/FULM
Applicant: Ms J Lal
Proposal: Erection of Two Storey Building Containing 8 Apartments
Site Address: 5 Mansfield Road (Edwinstowe News)
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

2. Application No: 12/00670/FUL
Applicant: Mr G Oliver
Proposal: Conversion of Ground Floor Extension to Club into 2 Residential Units
Site Address: Hammer & Wedge
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

3. Application No: 12/00759/FUL
Applicant: Mr M Jones
Proposal: Erect 2 Storey Side & Rear Extension & Single Storey Rear Extension
Site Address: 2 Rufford Road
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

4. Application No: 12/00689/LBC
Applicant: Mr D Harvey
Proposal: Remove Internal Walls
Site Address: 3-5 Church Street (B&B)
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

5. Application No: 12/00736/FUL
Applicant: Notts Fire & Rescue
Proposal: Link Corridor Between 2 Existing Buildings, Removal of Flat Roof, Replace with Pitch Roof. Installation of Photovoltaic Panels to Roof
Site Address: Fire Station, Mansfield Road
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

Additional Planning Applications Received

6. Application No: 12/00798/FUL
Applicant: Notts Fire & Rescue
Proposal: Installation of 1.8m Steel Perimeter Fence to all Boundaries
Site Address: Fire Station, Mansfield Road
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION with the following proviso - send letter requesting a more appropriate/decorative iron style fence to north and south boundaries due to location of property on edge of conservation area.

7. Application No: 12/00692/FUL
Applicant: Mr D Harvey
Proposal: Use as two holiday lets (Class C3)
Site Address: 1-5 Church Street (B&B)
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

8. Application No: 12/00828/FUL
Applicant: Mrs K Cobb
Proposal: Drop Kerb to Gain Access to Driveway
Site Address: 56 Abbey Road
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

12/039 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

Your District Councillors, John Peck and Celia Brooks, continue to work on individual's concerns and on issues affecting the village as a whole. We also address issues covering a specific part of the village rather than the whole village. Two such concerns have been on Beardsley Road and the roads including and leading off East Lane.

Concern had been expressed at our May surgery on the High Street that fencing might be considered for the fronts of the bungalows on Beardsley Road. On consulting with every available householder in these bungalows it was found there was no support for such fencing and Newark and Sherwood Homes were informed of this. There are no plans to take the matter further.

We have also been canvassing opinion on East Lane, Lynd's Close and Lansbury Road about the possibility of East Lane becoming one way from the junction of Lansbury Road and East Lane to High Street. So far there is overwhelming support for the idea. Greenwood Drive will be canvassed in the near future.

We both attended Committee and full Council meetings at Kelham Hall as well as other meetings. These included training on the new Welfare Reforms and the next stages in the preparation for the Olympic Torch's journey through our District. We also attended the Safety Liaison Group meeting with senior police officers that was held at Kelham Hall.

The hand-over of the play area at the side of Friars' Park from The Developers to the Parish Council is imminent and we are working with Newark and Sherwood officers to ensure that a smooth and satisfactory outcome for the village is assured.

The Village Hall hand-over from the District Council to the Parish Council will also take place shortly having been delayed slightly for legal reasons.

Councillor Celia Brooks
Councillor John Peck

12/040 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 10 July 2012

Meeting closed at 2010hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design