Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes July 2011

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 12 July 2011 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Starbrook, K Peck, Brooks, J Peck, Tattersall, Boughey, Ayre, George, Benson, Cocking

11/047 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

  1. The next meeting of Edwinstowe Tenants and Residents Group will take place on 2nd August 2011 at 6.00pm at Abbey Road Community Centre - noted

  2. The next meeting of the Safer Neighbourhood Group will take place on 6th September 2011 at 7.30pm at Abbey Road Community Centre - noted

  3. There is a vacancy for a Parish Representative on the Standards Committee at N&SDC. Meetings are held 4 times per year. If interested please contact the Clerk.

  4. At the last Parish Council meeting it was agreed not to contact C/Cllr Ward due to his ill health. However, C/Cllr Ward informed the Parish Council that he will be continuing with County Council business for the foreseeable future. The Councillors wished C/Cllr Ward well with his treatment.

11/048 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Freeman - no childcare; apologies were received and approved.

11/049 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

Cllrs Boughey, Cocking and Benson - 11/055 (Hammer and Wedge)
Cllr Starbrook - 11/059 (Cheque for Pets Paradise)

11/050 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 14th July 2011

Minutes were approved and signed as accurate

11/051 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

  1. East Lane Survey
    The survey of East Lane has not yet taken place. After a discussion, it was agreed to include Greenwood Avenue and Lansbury Road in the survey and to produce a leaflet that can be delivered to houses where there is no answer. It is important to stress the Parish Council's role is to gather information and opinions and not to make promises. It was agreed to carry out the survey during the last two weeks in August.

  2. Parking Charges Sherwood Forest Disabled Badge Holders
    These charges are in line with other attractions in the area. Izi will be emailing the information leaflet to the Parish Council. Complaints can be raised with Linda Hardy or Patrick Candler who are based at Rufford Country Park. It was agreed not to write at the present time.

  3. Site meeting in Sherwood Forest - names of Councillors wishing to attend
    Cllrs Brooks, Tattersall, Cocking, Benson, Ayre and Starbrook would like to attend the site meeting. Clerk to liaise with Izi at Sherwood Forest.

  4. CCTV
    Options discussed at a previous meeting were circulated to all councillors for information. At present the Parish Council pay 100% of the monitoring costs - currently £2,126.92 per year. As the system was installed as a matter of urgency, no agreement was drawn up between the Library (NCC), Doctors Surgery (PCT) and Parish Council therefore, both NCC and PCT refuse to accept responsibility for any costs.

    The cost of moving the cameras would be in excess of £8,000 which would mean a rise in the precept of between 7 - 8% which is not acceptable.

    Cllrs Brooks and J Peck had visited the CCTV monitoring room at N&SDC - the picture quality is excellent.

    After a discussion it was agreed to contact N&SDC to discuss alternatives and bring back to October meeting. Clerk to contact N&SDC and agenda for October meeting. It was also agreed to write to the PCT and NCC stating the system was under review and various options were being investigated. Clerk to write letter

  5. Thoresby Estate - Licence for the River Man
    Information had been received explaining the reason for the annual licence fee paid to Thoresby Estates. This is for public access to the land at the bottom of the High Street.

  6. Weed Killing
    NCC carry out two sessions of weed killing per year - the first has just been completed.

  7. Banners for High Street
    The design chosen by the resident was approved by the Councillors. The banners should be up in time for the event on Saturday. ID badges were distributed to all Councillors.

11/052 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

None.

11/053 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1945hrs

Cllr Brooks would like the Clerk to ascertain NCC policy for road markings on estate roads. Clerk to enquire

Cllr J Peck requested lanyards for the name badges. Clerk to purchase

Cllr George reported the overhanging branches on the trees outside the Co-op. These will be cut within the next 3 weeks.

Cllr George reported the 30mph sign near to South Forest is obscured by an overgrown hedge. Clerk to report

Ended 1950hrs

11/054 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE,
WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Cemetery Working Group
    A quote has been received for topping the 4 ash trees - £670 Agreed unanimously

  2. Parks & Open Spaces Working Group
    The supplier has agreed to honour the quote for replacing the two gates on Henton Road dog walking park. It was agreed to obtain 2 more quotes for comparison from local companies, including wooden gates as these would be quieter when closing. Agenda September

    Cllr Tattersall requested the dog walking area is strimmed around the edges. Clerk to arrange. Cllr Cocking requested 'Clean up after your dog' signs - a discussion took place as it was thought signs were in place. Cllrs Tattersall and Starbrook to visit park and report to next meeting

  3. Sherwood Fields Working Group
    The last meeting was very positive. Three proposals had been outlined to Robin Hood Colts to present to their Management Team for discussion. A letter of response to the proposals has since been received with only minor alterations. A meeting to finalise the terms will take place in the next couple of weeks. The only cost to the Parish Council will be the buildings insurance - currently around £2k.

  4. Events Working Group
    Everything is now in place for Saturday's Event. Just relying on the weather! Well done and thank you to the Events Working Group.

  5. Police Report
    There have been 36 incidents in all.

    1 x Burglary dwellings
    2 x Domestic
    3 x RTC
    4 x Rowdy nuisance
    10 x Suspicious

    There was one report that two males possibly 1 x Spanish and 1 x Italian were both driving round in silver vehicles trying to sell watches in the area. An area search was negative at the time and no other details could be obtained.

    Regular patrols are still carried out around the relevant areas and times. Some starting at 0500hours to gather intelligence and be a visible presence in relation to break ins at the allotments and other metal thefts at construction sites.

    Thank you to PCSO Childs for his hard work.

11/072 AGENDA

  1. EYPAG
    See confidential minutes

  2. Hammer & Wedge
    On the recommendation of a N&SDC Officer, the licensee has applied for a variation on his licence. D/Cllr Brooks has met with concerned residents and will be meeting the Licensee this week to gather information and opinions from all parties.

  3. Village Hall Transfer - Information from Andy Hardy
    The transfer is progressing and will take between 2 - 6 weeks to finalise. There will be no additional financial implications when the Village Hall is transferred as the Parish Council is already responsible for all repairs and maintenance.

    Cllr Tattersall suggested a meeting with Pat Bamford (Chair of the Village Hall Management Committee) to explain how the Committee works including the financial aspect. Clerk to liaise with Pat and arrange a meeting

11/073 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

NAME DESCRIPTION COMMENTS
Edwinstowe Business Forum Proposal Meeting is being held 12th July. Cllr Brooks has requested information
Ollerton Disability Action Team Recruiting Members Noted
Notts Fire & Rescue Response Magazine Noted
Campaign to Protect Rural England Best Kept Village 2011 Feedback Noted

11/057 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR SUB-COMMITTEES OR
OTHER BODIES

  1. Disability Action Team
    The team has historically only covered the Ollerton area however, they have a new member from Edwinstowe and will now extend their services to cover Edwinstowe. No Parish Councillors could attend the next meeting however, it was agreed for the Clerk to write to DAT asking to be put on mailing list. Clerk to write letter

11/058 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

None.

11/059 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
14.06.2011 N&SDC Pavillion Rates £2,424.80
14.06.2011 Viking Direct Stationery £84.18
14.06.2011 NALC Chairmanship & Standing Orders £10.00
21.06.2011 Cash Petty Cash £97.54
30.06.2011 Pet's Paradise Plants Cenotaph/Cemetery/Public Toilets £103.46
23.06.2011 Oak Industrial Supplies Pine Disinfectant/Black Bags £130.72
23.05.2011 Tuxford Road Garage Petrol - Van & Mower £207.29
21.06.2011 Viking Direct Fan/Office Chairs £99.54
31.05.2011 Village Hall Mgt Committee 50% Refuse Collection £109.17

Cheques approved and signed.

11/060 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

11/078 PLANNING MATTERS

Planning Applications

1. Application No: 11/00843/FUL
Applicant: Dr C Partridge
Proposal: Change of Use from Retail to Chiropractic Clinic
Site Address: 47 High Street
EPC DECISION: Approved by Cllr George, Tattersall & Peck, Cllr Freeman declared an interest

2. Application No: 11/01075/FUL
Applicant: Mr G Oliver
Proposal: Demolition of Existing Porch. Two Storey Rear Extension, Replacement Roof
Site Address: 59 High Street
EPC DECISION:

3. Application No: 11/01117/FUL
Applicant: Dr C Partridge
Proposal: Change of Use from Retail to Chiropractic Clinic
Site Address: 47 High Street
EPC DECISION:

4. Application No: 11/01087/FUL
Applicant: Mr M Broomhead
Proposal: Demolition of Existing Bungalow and Erection of One Bungalow and 2 Houses
Site Address: 20 Church Street
EPC DECISION:

Planning Decisions

1. Application No: 11/00764/FUL
Applicant: Mr & Mrs L Freeman
Proposal: Erection of single storey rear bedroom/en-suite extension
Site Address: 25 Thoresby Avenue
PERMITTED BY N&SDC

2. Application No: 11/00843/FUL
Applicant: Dr C Partridge
Proposal: Change of Use from Retail to Chiropractic Clinic
Site Address: 47 High Street
REFUSED BY N&SDC

3. Application No: NCC F/2290
Applicant: NCC Children, Families & Cultural Services
Proposal: Renew Planning Application for Educational Field Studies Centre
Site Address: Sherwood Forest Country Park
GRANTED BY NCC

4. Application No: NCC F/2289
Applicant: NCC Children, Families & Cultural Services
Proposal: Renew Planning Application for Temporary Toilet Block
Site Address: Sherwood Forest Country Park
GRANTED BY NCC

5. Application No: NCC F/2292
Applicant: NCC Children, Families & Cultural Services
Proposal: Replacement Timber Ice-Cream Kiosk near Forest Table Restaurant
Site Address: Sherwood Forest Country Park
GRANTED BY NCC

Other Matters

1. Application No: N&SDC Licensing & Enforcement Department
Applicant: Enterprise Inns
Proposal: To permit structural alterations and extend Licensing Activities to new areas
Site Address: Royal Oak Public House
DECISION:

11/062 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

D/Cllr report circulated and displayed in information boards

11/063 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 13 September 2011

Meeting Closed at 2045hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design