Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes April 2012

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 12 April 2012 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Tattersall, Ayre, Cocking, Brooks, Boughey, J Peck and K Peck

Apologies: Cllrs Starbrook (personal), Freeman (family), George (prior) and Benson (illness)

11/166 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair informed the meeting that Andrew Mellors will be off sick until at least 10th May and Gary Kirby who is also off sick, will not return until at least 30th April. It was agreed to send a letter to both wishing them a speedy recovery. Clerk to send letters

11/167 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Apologies were approved and accepted.

11/168 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

11/169 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 13th March 2012

Minutes were approved and signed as accurate.

11/170 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

Cllr Boughey asked whether the letter had been sent to the resident of West Lane concerning the hedge overhanging the footpath. Clerk to ascertain address and send letter.

11/171 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

None.

11/172 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES) - commenced 1905hrs

Cllr Tattersall requested that all councillors be given copies of the paperwork for the Village Hall Transfer. Clerk to distribute

Cllr Ayre reported a nuisance motorcyclist that is cutting through the jitty at the side of the community centre several times a night.

Cllr Ayre expressed concern about the lack of contact with Sherwood Community Bus. Clerk to contact Ollerton Town Council

Cllr Brooks requested that owners of vehicles for sale parked on verges around the village, particularly on Mansfield Road, are contacted and asked to remove them.

Finished 1910hrs

11/173 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE,
WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Events
    All singers have confirmed. We are still awaiting a response from Thoresby Band and confirmation from Victoria Grey (soprano).

    Advertising banners are all now in place on the approaches to the village. A discussion took place concerning leaflets, posters and extra banners. Clerk to order 2 x banners and get quotes for posters and leaflets.

  2. Olympic Torch
    The Chair read an email from N&SDC concerning possible stewards and the use of the Village Hall for the Olympic Torch Relay. It was agreed that the staff team would have other commitments on the day. It was also agreed that the Parish Council Office could be used for the 'community hub'. Clerk to talk to Playgroup and Pat Bamford and respond to N&SDC.

  3. Finance
    No update.

  4. Youth Provision There have been several incidents of antisocial behaviour around the village and this has raised the importance to provide a facility for young people. A working group has been set up to look at the options.

    The police have given the following advice concerning reporting incidents:

    1. Identify the hotspot areas where the problems are occurring - i.e. Conservation Area / Cricket ground car park.

    2. Communicate to residents that live in neighbouring properties that they need to report to the police at the time when the problems are occurring. There may be times when police can't attend depending on staffing levels/serious incidents etc however in recent weeks the police have been successful in catching the offenders through repeated calls. When the reports are made they need to be as detailed as possible i.e. clothing/age/hair colour etc so that if the group move off from the area we can still identify them.
      There will be a letter drop to the residents surrounding the Conservation Area to call when issues arise - callers can remain anonymous and will not be visited unless they require a visit. The more calls that are made regarding incidents at a specific location will get that area more attention especially if they mention it is a constant problem.

    3. If there are named offenders then ourselves and the ASB officer Sue Miller can address this and work out a course of action to tackle the individual. The Conservation Area will be added to the weekend patrols list - the Cricket Ground / Forest Corner and adjoining Forest car park are already on the list. The Mansfield Road toilets have been vandalised several times recently. A decision has been made to open them between 7.00am - 3.00pm.

  5. Edwinstowe Business Forum
    The meetings are well attended and participants are very enthusiastic. Totally Locally will run on the first Saturday of each month and the Arts Festival organisation is progressing well. It is important for District and Parish councillors to attend the meeting.

11/0174 AGENDA

  1. AGM Date
    It was agreed that this year's AGM will take place on Thursday 10th May commencing at 6.30pm, immediately followed by the Ordinary Meeting. Meeting dates for 2012/13 were also agreed and will be published in the notice boards and on the website.

  2. Newsletter
    The second village newsletter has been well received with very positive verbal feedback. Unfortunately, some residents have not received their copies. Any residents that have not received a copy should make the Parish Council aware so it can be addressed with the delivery company.

    Two anonymous feedback forms were received and were noted.

    The next issue is scheduled to be sent out in July after the Olympic Torch Relay and Jubilee event.

  3. Amenity Cover
    Posters were displayed around the village for a casual amenity worker whilst Gary and Andy are off sick. A local resident Paul Darrington is now covering the High Street and Avenues.

  4. Street Lighting
    Nottinghamshire County Council is proposing switching off some of the street lights and dimming other between midnight and 5.30am. When draft proposals are drawn up and published, a six-week consultation period will commence.

  5. Dog Bins
    It is the responsibility of the Parish Council to replace damaged/out of commission dog bins in the village at a cost of between £50 - £75 per bin. Clerk to ask David to survey the bins and report number need placing

11/175 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

Nottinghamshire Fire & Recue Response Magazine Noted
Newark & Sherwood District Council Allocations & Development Management Development Plan Document Noted
Nottinghamshire County Council Seminar on Localism in Nottinghamshire 17 April 2012 6.15pm Harworth & Bircotes Town Hall DN11 8JN or 19 April Ruddington Parish Council NG11 6HA Cllrs Brooks and J Peck to attend
Nottinghamshire County Council Civic Service 2012 Sunday 24th June 3pm Southwell Minster Noted

11/176 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR SUB-COMMITTEES OR
OTHER BODIES

None.

11/177 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

None.

11/178 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
12.03.2012 S&E Timber Picket Fence £127.20
14.03.2012 Cash Petty Cash £66.10
21.03.2012 CN Packaging Hand Flags £99.96
23.03.2012 AP Design Newsletter Design £485.00
23.03.2012 Elite Design Group Newsletter Printing £1,840.00
01.04.2012 N&SDC Dog Bin Emptying £1,347.84
23.03.2012 JPK Lawn Mower Blade £17.50
23.03.2012 Tuxford Road Garage Petrol/Diesel £175.32
23.03.2012 Kwizbiz Jubilee Banners £240.00
23.03.2012 Oak Industrial Equipment £59.26
23.03.2012 BT Broadband £136.10
23.03.2012 Konica Photo Copier £34.31
23.03.2012 N&SDC 1 Month CCTV £336.90
23.03.2012 Intervend Water Machine £25.80
23.03.2012 SAS Snow Shovel £14.95
23.03.2012 Severn Trent Cemetary Water £88.44
23.03.2012 Shaw & Sons Cemetary Books £396.00
23.03.2012 CISWO 4th Avenue Play Area Rent £80.48
27.03.2012 Thoresby Estate Allotment Rent £330.00
28.03.2012 CN Packaging Jubilee Flags £140.00
01.04.2012 N&SDC Cemetary Rates £573.75
01.04.2012 N&SDC Toilet Rates £641.25

Cheques approved and signed.

11/179 GRANT APPLICATIONS

  1. Friends of St Mary's C of E School £200

  2. King Edwin Primary School £200

  3. Dukeries College £200

  4. Pre-school Playgroup £200

  5. Thoresby Welfare Bowls Club £200

11/180 PLANNING MATTERS March/April 2012

Planning Decisions

1. Application No: 12/00131/FUL
Applicant: Mr P Mckeich
Proposal: Convert Existing Integral Garage to a Utility Room
Site Address: 10 Normanton Close
DECISION: APPROVED BY N&SCD

2. Application No: 12/00170/FUL
Applicant: Mr B Hawkins
Proposal: Erection of a Detached Garden Room
Site Address: 22 Normanton Close
DECISION: APPROVED BY N&SCD

3. Application No: 12/00270/FUL
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Craig
Proposal: Demolish Garage & Construction of a 3 Bedroom House
Site Address: Land Adj 2 West Lane
DECISION: REFUSED BY N&SCD

Planning Applications

1. Application No: 12/00435/FUL
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Rogers
Proposal: Demolition of Existing Conservatory & Erection of Kitchen Extension, Pitched Roof over Existing Rear Flat Roof
Site Address: Innisfree, Friend Lane
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

2. Application No: 12/00270/FUL
Applicant: Mr D Ailward
Proposal: Erect 3 Storey House
Site Address: Land Adj 7 Normanton Close
EPC DECISION: REFUSE APPLICATION

3. Application No: 12/00349/FUL
Applicant: Mr J Rhodes
Proposal: Erect a conservatory to the rear of the cottage
Site Address: Wayside Cottage 83 Mansfield Rd
EPC DECISION: APPROVE APPLICATION

Additional Planning Applications Received

4. Application No: APP/B3030/D/12/2171586
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Hadfield
Proposal: Dormer Windows, Porch to Side, Conversion of Integral Garage to Living Accommodation and Bay
Site Address: 35 Paddock Close

The Planning Committee met before the Ordinary Meeting and approved all plans with the exception of 7 Normanton Close as it was felt the proposed development was too large for the amount of land available and the possible lack of privacy for neighbouring properties. Clerk to write to N&SDC Planning.

11/181 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

D/Cllr Brooks gave a verbal report to the meeting. Copies of report to be put in notice boards and on the village website.

Both Councillors, John Peck and Celia Brooks, continue to work on individual cases raised by residents of Edwinstowe.

A meeting was held in Edwinstowe with the Chief Planning Officer from Newark and Sherwood District Council to discuss the proposed development on East Lane behind the Jug and Glass. The Jug and Glass building itself was discussed but as yet there are no plans in place for its future use. Both Councillors are keen to see its facade protected and the building put to good use and an asset to the Village and the High Street.

Other areas discussed were the empty building on Mansfield Road (formally a newsagent/shop) and the children's play area on Friars Park. We hope to find a way forward on both these areas of concern in the near future.

We are also working with Newark and Sherwood Officers on a tree planting scheme for the wider grass verges on the roads leading into the Village. This will need support from the County Council as some of these are there responsibility.

Both Councillors are keen to work with the local anti-social behaviour teams and the police to try to address issues of anti-social behaviour raised by several residents throughout the Village. We know that the vast majority of young people in the Village act perfectly responsibly but unfortunately a small group do cause nuisance problems in a few 'hot spots'.

C/Cllr Ward was not in attendance however; it has come to the attention of the Parish Council that Cllr Ward has submitted two funding requests to NCC Local Improvement Scheme. One for parking bays on Fourth Avenue and one for seating on Sixth Avenue.

These requests have been approved, without notification or consultation with the Parish Council. It was agreed for the Chair to write to NCC expressing concern. Clerk to liaise with the Chair.

It was also agreed to write to C/Cllr Cutts requesting firm dates for the works on the junction of Rose Cottage/A614 and when the future improvements to Ollerton Roundabout will take place. Clerk to liaise with the Chair

12/040 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: APM 30 April 2012 at 7.00pm
AGM - Thursday 10 may at 6.30pm

Meeting closed at 2025hrs

The confidential minutes from March meeting were approved and signed.

Meeting closed at 2030hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design