Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes October 2011

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 11 October 2011 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Brooks, Cocking, Boughey, Benson, George, J Peck, K Peck, Tattersall, Ayre, Starbrook, Freeman

Apologies: None

11/081 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair made the following announcement;

"We now have a magnificent new clock on the High Street which can be viewed from both the top and bottom of the street."

"A big thank you goes to Jill and Ashley Sansom for providing the clock in memory of Jill's late father John Faben. Many people will remember John as a friend, businessman and local councillor and it is lovely to have such an asset for the village with which to commemorate him."

  1. Local Development Framework
    There is a public meeting/exhibition on Saturday 22nd October 2011 in the Atrium, Sherwood Forest Craft Centre 10.00am - 3.00pm. The purpose of the meeting is to make residents aware of new housing and employment site proposals in Edwinstowe. This meeting is open to everyone.

  2. Parish Conference
    This year's Parish Conference will take place on 7th November at Kelham Hall, Newark. The conference will commence at 6.00pm. If councillors have any questions or would like to attend, please let Alice know asap. Agendas will be sent out with the minutes. Notts Fire & Rescue will be attending this year.

  3. Parish/District Community Safety Liaison Group Meeting
    This meeting will be rescheduled in the new year.

11/082 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

None.

11/083 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

11/084 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 13th September 2011

The minutes were approved unanimously and signed by the Chairman.

11/085 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

  1. Disabled Access - 11/072
    Ollerton and District Economic Forum (ODEF) have now written to businesses on the High Street asking for them to improve access for disabled people. Responses have been disappointing and ODEF would like support/help from the Parish Council.

  2. Rights of Way Access - 11/073
    The right of way from Center Parcs to Sherwood Pines has now been re-established and others are due for decision end of November. It was requested that Cllr Brooks contact Mr Parkhouse about the footpath on Occupation Lane - agreed

11/086 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1910hrs.

Presentation by Reg from 2pointB - Sherwood Forest 10km Trail Run Reg told the meeting about the popularity of the Edwinstowe 10km annual run, now in its 5th year. 2pointB are well supported by the local scout group and St John’s Ambulance but need more volunteers to help with marshalling. It was agreed that the race is an excellent opportunity to bring people into the village. After a discussion, the meeting agreed to advertise for volunteers on the website, in the new magazine and on the noticeboards. Clerk to organise

11/104 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES) - commenced 1930hrs

Cllr Brooks suggested placing polite notices on vehicles parked on verges as they are destroying the grass and causing damage to the verge. Clerk to check legality It was agreed to write a piece in the new magazine and look at the possibility of planting shrubs along the verges.

Cllr Tattersall reported that N&SDC have still not removed the asbestos in the Abbey Road garage. Clerk to report again

Cllr George reported asbestos in the jitty between Mansfield Road and Fourth Avenue.

Cllr Ayre questioned why the public toilets were locked at 12.00pm on a Saturday. It was explained that the toilets have been locked due to the amount of vandalism recently. The Chair decided to take a vote to ascertain if this issue needed to be added to a future agenda. Vote 4 keep closed, 3 to open and 4 abstentions. Since the vote was in favour of maintaining the status quo, no further discussion is needed at this time.

Cllr Freeman had been a victim of an attempted burglary recently. He praised the police response.

11/088 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE,
WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Cemetery Working Group
    The minutes had been circulated prior to this meeting. The council approved the request to purchase plants/materials for the cemetery.

    The complaint concerning recent problems with the gravedigger was discussed and it was agreed to write to Co-op Funeral care and for Kevin to take over the grave digging.

  2. Events Working Group
    Cllr K Peck outlined the proposals for Christmas. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 18th October.

  3. Feedback from Edwinstowe Arts Festival 2012 Meeting
    The meeting was well attended – discussions were around the proposed two day Edwinstowe Arts Festival planned for 29/30 September 2012.

  4. Feedback from Meeting with Maverick Re Youth Provision
    Cllr K Peck and the Clerk met with Maverick Skate park representatives about youth activity provision in the village. A recent funding application was unsuccessful.

  5. Police Report
    The number of incidents over the last 30 days has remained the same.

11/089 AGENDA

  1. CCTV
    It was agreed to have a meeting with N&SDC to discuss future options and current costs.

  2. Community Meals & Support Centre
    Liz Hodgson has submitted a proposal to N&SDC concerning Community Meals at Lynds Close Centre. The Parish Council discussed and acknowledged this proposal.

  3. Fire Station Update
    The closing date is 23rd October - it is very important for residents to respond, Edwinstowe should not be complacent.

  4. Allotment Vegetable Boxes
    The Mansfield Road Allotment Association had approached the Parish Council as they wanted to provide veg boxes to older residents in the village. They chose to deliver to residents of Lynds Close. Cllr J Peck and Kevin distributed the boxes which were well received.

  5. Remembrance Parade 2011
    Alice and Sarah have been working hard on organising this year's Remembrance Day Parade which will be on Sunday 13th November.

  6. News Letter
    Cllrs J Peck, Cocking, Alice and Sarah met this morning (Tues) to discuss the new village newsletter. It is proposed that this newsletter will be full of community news and events with submissions from community groups, schools, organisations. The newsletter will be self-funding. Quotes have been received for layout and printing.

    Any suggestions for newsletter name? After several suggestions it was agreed to call the newsletter - Edwinstowe Village News.

11/090 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

NAME DESCRIPTION COMMENTS
Ollerton CAB Grant Thank You Letter
Sherwood Ploughing Match Grant Thank You Letter
Home-Start Grant Thank You Letter
Boundary Commission for England Proposals for new Parliamentary constituencies
CPRE 8-step Guide - Planning Application Response
Chief Executive - Nottinghamshire County Council Budget Conversation 2011/2012
Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue Response Newsletter

11/091 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR SUB-COMMITTEES OR
OTHER BODIES

None.

11/092 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Financial Audit Report
    his has now been returned by the auditors. Two points were raised -
    • The incorrect date had been entered on the Notice of Appointment for the Date of Exercise of Electors Rights.

    • The Annual Return Accounting Statements had been prepared on an income and expenditure basis for 2011. The 2010 prior year comparatives were calculated on receipts and payments basis. They should have been altered to reflect a true comparison. Noted

  2. Requests for inclusions 2012/13 budget
    The Finance Committee are meeting to discuss next year’s precept. Please let the Clerk know if you have any requests for expenditure next year.

11/093 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
05.09.2011 Edwinstowe Village Hall Mgt Committee Gas to 05.09.11 £156.80
14.09.2011 N&SDC Christmas Event Licence £21.00
30.09.2011 Clement Keys Audit Fee 2011 £1,050.00
30.09.2011 Intervend UK Ltd Water & Machine Rental £18.00
23.09.2011 Town & Country Village Cut £1,342.80
28.09.2011 Tuxford Road garage Petrol £209.72
20.09.2011 Viking Direct Stationery £234.59
27.08.2011 Phs Group plc Mansfield Road Toilets £83.94
31.08.2011 Intervend UK Ltd Water Machine Rental £6.00
31.08.2011 SAS Trade DIY Brush/bolts/hose connector/timber/fixings/handles £69.43

Approved and signed by the Chair.

11/094 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

11/095 PLANNING MATTERS

Decisions - all approved except for 20 Church Street.

Edwinstowe News - Cllr J Peck has recently spoken to N&SDC Planning Dept. The application cannot be progressed as they are awaiting the owner's signature. Cllr Peck will monitor the situation.

11/096 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

District Councillors have continued their work on behalf of the people of Edwinstowe.

Several planning issues have been raised with us. John Peck took the Chair of the Planning Committee at Newark and Sherwood District Council round the Edwinstowe area to look at outstanding planning applications.

We are keen that the Jug and Glass development can move forward as this is now the main area of concern on the High Street. We are pleased that other empty premises are being put into use following interventions by both Parish and District Councillors.

We shall be pressing for a resolution to the problems concerning the planning application for developing the Mansfield road site opposite the Village Hall.

John Peck also toured the village with Mike Keeling, a senior officer from Notts County Council, to look at Highways' concerns around Edwinstowe.

We have meetings pending with the police to ensure that the Safer Neighbourhood Group is as effective as possible in making Edwinstowe a safe and secure environment for its residents.

There is a Parish Conference with Newark and Sherwood Council on November 7th and a report back will be made at the next Parish Council Meeting on November 8th.

The Local Development Framework plan for Edwinstowe is open to public scrutiny at the Atrium, Sherwood Forest Craft Centre on October 22nd from 10.00am to 3.00pm.

11/097 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 8 November 2011

Meeting Closed at 2035hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design