Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes July 2017

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 11 July 2017 at 7.30pm in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Benson, Brooks, Brown, McLaughlin, J Peck, Tattersall, Troop

Apologies: Cllrs Peacock – work commitments, Cllrs K Peck & Starbrook – illness

No members of the public

17/043 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present and asked if anyone was recording – no.

17/044 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Reasons were approved unanimously

17/045 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

  1. Cllr Brown 17/049 (ii) Allotments
  2. Cllr McLaughlin 17/049 (ii) Allotments

17/046 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 13th JUNE 2017

Minutes were approved unanimously and signed by the Chair.

17/047 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

  1. Tour of Britain
    An offer to make a contribution towards bunting/flags has been made. N&SDC have requested that villages decorate properties along the route – there is no set theme but the suggestion is to use yellow. It was proposed to send letters to businesses especially Center Parcs, Robin Hood Pub, Dukeries Lodge, Woodheads, Central Garage, Co-op, High Street businesses, Forest Lodge, Launays and the Visitor Centre.

    RESOLVED: - It was unanimously agreed to send letters.

  2. Defibrillator
    Confirmation of the donation from C/Cllr Peck has been received. This is for a defibrillator for the High Street. The Parish Council has already agreed to provide one for the Abbey Road Centre.

    It was proposed that all Councillors receive training in the use of defibrillators.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to arrange purchase of defibrillators and training.

  3. Fracking
    • INEOS – Update on Progress of East Midlands Seismic Surveys
      Surveys have already started. The Parish Council has unanimously agreed not to support fracking. A banner has been ordered, the petition is in progress and a letter has been sent to Mark Spencer MP. After a discussion it was unanimously agreed to send copies of the petition to our MP, the Secretary of State (Michael Gove) and the original to NCC who are the planning authority.

      RESOLVED: - Clerk to arrange

  4. Consultation on 30mph extension to Church Street/Swinecote Road
    There is a public consultation on the extension to the 30mph speed restriction on Swinecote Road/Church Street – ending 11th August 2017.

    C/Cllr Peck met with representatives from Highways and Woodheads on site to discuss the proposal which is to extend by approximately 98 metres from the junction with Maythorne Grove. After a discussion it was unanimously agreed that the 30mph proposal should extend well beyond the new entrance, possibly as far as the existing visitor centre entrance (subject to relevant safety inspections) and that there should be a mandatory 20mph limit in line with the advisory 20mph currently in existence at Forest Corner for St Mary’s School and extended to the humped zebra crossing.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to send letter to NCC Highways.

17/048 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (10 MINUTES)

Commenced 1956hrs

Cllr Ayre reported the noise from motorbikes around Beardsley Road and Abbey Road has significantly reduced – thanks to our PCSO

Cllr McLaughlin reported that, after research, the Parish Council has no powers in relation to riders cleaning up after their horses.

Cllr Brown reported dog fouling on Thoresby Drive and Boy Lane – these have already been reported to the dog warden.

Cllr Brown asked whether dogs should be kept on leads – not necessarily but they must be under control, unless subject to a ‘dogs on lead’ order

Cllr Brown expressed concern at the dark areas created by the new led lighting on Gaitskell Crescent. Ensure the garden area is ‘cut back’ and monitor the area when the nights draw in.

Cllr Tattersall reported that car parking around the village is getting worse and future Parish Councils may have to look at alternative solutions. Agenda item September

Cllr Peck informed the meeting that free car parks was part of the current Parish Council’s manifesto and this Parish Council is committed to keeping them free. The car parks were taken over to stop N&SDC charging.

Ended 2006hrs

17/049 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Health & Safety Sub Committee
    The equipment on the old Fourth Avenue play area has now been removed at cost to N&SDC & CISWO but the area is now covered in weeds. After a discussion it was agreed to send a letter to CISWO and if no response or a negative response is received, to ask N&SDC to enforce clearing the area.

    A wall outside Nightingale Nursing home has collapsed. After a discussion, it was agreed to send letter asking to ensure area is safe.

    RESOLVED: - Clerk to send letters

    The risk assessments were reviewed and relevant ones will be circulated to sub-committees for review.

  2. Allotments Sub Committee
    All plots are now let and the tree works near the shed have now been completed. At the site visit, a couple of plots looked untended, the plotholders have been spoken to informally.

    We have received notification that a new association has been set up and they have asked if a member of the council will attend their meeting in October – ex officio. Cllr Ayre will attend the meeting.

    The Chair and the Clerk attended an Allotment Management training seminar recently. It was very informative and reinforced how we currently manage the site.

  3. Parks & Open Spaces Committee
    1. 4th Avenue Play Equipment
      There was a sub-committee meeting to discuss and consider three quotes for play equipment on the Fourth Avenue site. The equipment will be for younger children and is funded through the Tesco carrier bag scheme. The sub-committee proposed the quote from Town & Country subject to a minor change – two metal stepping stones to be replaced with 8 wooden ones.

      RESOLVED: - It was unanimously agreed to accept the quote from Town & Country and for the Clerk to inform all bidders.

    2. Land at River Maun
      We still need clarity from Woodheads about their intentions for the wetlands area.

      RESOLVED: - It was unanimously agreed to send a letter.

17/050 AGENDA

  1. Dog Bins
    • Replacements – Sherwood Fields Path and Boy Lane
      After a recent audit of dog bins, two need replacing.

      RESOLVED: - It was unanimously agreed to replace dog bins.
    • Request – near to Edwinstowe Cricket Pavillion
      This is the responsibility of RSPB.

      RESOLVED: - To write to RSPB

17/051 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

  1. Mansfield Community First Responders – Thank you letter
    Noted.

  2. NSDC – Consultation on Planning Application
    Noted.

17/052 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

None.

17/053 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Review of First Quarter Finance (documentation circulated with agenda)
    After a discussion, all approved unanimously

  2. Brass Band Competition Trophy
    If the competition goes ahead and the Parish Council wishes to provide a trophy, we now have catalogues in the office.

17/054 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
June Staff Salaries £5,065.86
30.06.2017 NCC Pension – Month 3 £1,496.57
30.06.2017 HMRC PAYE/NIC – Month 3 £1,155.72
30.06.2017 Came & Company Additional Premium (Allotment Shed) £25.62
11.07.2017 Viking Copier Paper £26.68
11.07.2017 Town & Country Village Grass Cutting £1,396.80
11.07.2017 Thoresby Estate Land by River Maun Charge £50.00
11.07.2017 Town & Country Treeworks at Allotments £90.00
11.07.2017 Trade UK Hose £34.28
June/July A Buckingham Grave Digging £500.00
11.07.2017 EVHMC Electricity Charges to 05.07.17 £118.47
11.07.2017 Cash Petty Cash £94.00
11.07.2017 NALC Reference Books x 2 £8.00
11.07.2017 A Busby Newsletter Delivery £200.00

Cheques were approved unanimously and can now be sent.

As there is no meeting in August, it was unanimously approved to make payments, subject to the approval of the Chair/Vice-Chair and Chair of Finance Committee and formally ratified at September’s meeting.

17/055 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

17/056 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

County Council

The application for seismic testing has now been received and is on the agenda for the next NCC Policy Committee meeting. The application is on land near to King’s Clipstone in the old landfill site.

C/Cllr Peck has reported the drainage problems opposite the Dukeries and at the entrance to Edwinstowe House and broken gulleys on Paddock Close opposite the school entrance.

Measures are being taken regarding the flooding on Swinecote Road as part of the new development.

District Council

Mainly working on individual work.

D/Cllr Brooks recently attended a ‘walkabout’ with representatives from N&S Homes – the majority of tenanted properties in this area are extremely well looked after.

Parking outside the flats on the High Street was looked at but D/Cllr Brooks was informed the land is owned by NCC. C/Cllr Peck to investigate further

C/Cllr Peck requested the sharp bend on Merryweather Close be looked at as it makes it difficult for bin lorries etc to get round – there is potential for widening the road.

17/057 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE) - 15 MINS

No public in attendance

17/058 PLANNING

PLANNING DECISIONS

1. Application No: 17/00719/FUL
Applicant: Mrs Whittle
Proposal: Proposed single-storey ‘self build’ bungalow (resubmission of 16/00390/FUL)
Site Address: Land to the rear of 51 Lansbury Road, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION: Refused

2. Application No: 17/00798/FUL
Applicant: Mr Oakey
Proposal: Application for removal/variation of condition 03 attached to application 16/01246/FUL; householder application for single storey extension to form new utility room and kitchen
Site Address: 10 Greenwood Avenue, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION: Permitted

It was reported that the wall outside the Old Blacksmith’s Cottage near the Royal Oak has had sheets of plywood put on the wall. This is a concern as the property is in the conservation area.

RESOLVED: - To inform the Conservation Officer at N&SDC

17/059 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 12th September 2017 - noted.

Meeting closed at 2045hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design