Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30am - 6.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes February 2020

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 11 February 2020 at 7pm in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Brooks, Carlton, Freeman, Murphy and Troop.

19/129 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present, including the general public. Public speaking was bought forward to occur before 19/133 matters arising. Chair reported that the meeting is recorded by the Parish Council. Member of the general public also recorded the meeting.

19/130 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received Cllrs Brown, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck, Rogers.

Apologies accepted.

19/131 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

Cllr Carlton 19/136 Carparks, Hanging Baskets

Cllr Murphy 19/136 Allotments

19/132 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 14th JANUARY 2019

Approved.

Cllr Murphy asked for “question” to replace “report” in January’s amendment regarding the Village Hall Management Committee.

Cllr Troop asked for Health and Safety to be included in the waste removal strategy for January’s minutes.

The Chair asked the meeting to lift standing orders for the duration of public speaking.

19/143 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE) - 15 MINS

Friends of the Earth members spoke to inform the council that they would like a piece of land to plant wildflowers and pollinator plants within the Parish. Clerk to liaise with group.

Public member described the decline of road surfaces and pavements within the village.

Village Hall Chair asked for clarity on replacement of the new toilets, guttering and window in the hall way. Chair to arrange a meeting.

Members of the general public who have businesses within the village had a discussion regarding the proposed car park permit system. Concerns were expressed on the proposed parking restrictions and potential negative impacts to businesses. Questions were raised asking if other options could be considered and that businesses attend the Car Park task and finish group.

Chair reinstated standing orders at 7.25pm.

19/133 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

Chair; Approved unanimously to raise public questions first.

Cherry Tree Abbey Road Community Centre, lights removal – completed

Allotment members meeting room booking – completed

New allotment forms – completed

Thoresby development retrospective access points letter – completed

Contact Lidsters again, Thoresby Memorial – completed

Robin Hood Colts meeting – completed

Building insurance premium enquiry Robin Hood Colts solar panels - completed

Sherwood Forest Trust, decline grant application – completed

Book Festival proposal agreement events committee – completed

Car Parks, working group meeting & contact NSDC – completed

Friars Park data – completed

Nat West account closure – completed

Boy Lane Allotments, contact – completed

Council agreed to the new format for the agenda.

19/134 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (10 MINUTES)

Cllr Murphy mentioned that Edwinstowe Convenience Store had received anti-social behaviour. Other instances of anti-social behaviour were reported. Dates for SNG meetings to be confirmed. Received a request that the Parish Council plant a Christmas tree in the cemetery to place baubles on.

Cllr Troop noted that she had received questions regarding the car parking permits.

19/135 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Finance Committee
    The new precept for 2020/1 which was passed by the finance committee at £129,500 was approved unanimously by the Parish Council. The Clerk to arrange new headings for the new budget.

  2. Events Committee
    Cllr Murphy reported on various events, including Christmas fair, book festival and summer solstice.

    Chair asked the clerk to find out what other groups are doing for VE Day celebrations. It was suggested that the Parish Council support the church where ever possible in organising events for VE day.

  3. Cemetery Committee
    Cllr Ayre reported that memorial bird boxes had received positive feedback. An application to replace an old bench has been made, Cllr Ayre to make a decision, which was agreed unanimously by the council.

    Chair asked Clerk to add new cemetery prices onto the website from April 1st.

  4. Health & Safety
    Cllr Freeman reported that the next health and safety meeting will be on Thursday 20th February at 10.30am, to follow up from the action list in the previous meeting

  5. Planning committee
    No objections from the meeting.

  6. Parks & open spaces
    Chair requested that the grass cutting contract to be discusses as an agenda item. Agreed.

19/136 AGENDA

  1. Allotments
    Cllr Troop reported on the annual allotment meeting which included comments on water butts, respectful behaviour, smaller plots and bee keeping.

    Cllr Ayre asked if a fire officer has checked the shed.

    Clerk to contact fire officer.

  2. Robin Hood Colts
    Chair updated the council on work undertaken by Cllr Peacock on a proposed shared funding application to install solar panels to the football pavilion.

  3. Car Parks
    Cllr Troop gave feedback from residents who would like a consultation on the car parking and the consideration of other options.

    Cllr Freeman highlighted that the car parks have two problems, one with staff parking and the other with visitors who park and ride. A balance needs to be met, to help the high street thrive.

    Chair reminded everyone that Mansfield road car park already has a permit system in place without problems and that the RSPB charge £4 for parking.

    Cllr Ayre said that people are unable to park to see the doctor.

    Cllr Carlton requested clarity that the two hour parking had been voted on, but the permit style system had not? Cllr Carlton asked the council to pause the permit scheme and requested that spokespeople from the traders attend the next task and finish group on car parks. Traders are in consultation with other landowners. A worst case scenario is that the permit scheme will still not improve vehicle turnover.

    Chair reported that council cannot change a resolution that has been properly passed within six months, unless urgent reason for doing so. Chair also reported that the traffic order had gone through, incl new vinyl’s which will need paying for.

    Cllr Troop not sure the permit system will solve the parking issue.

    Cllr Freeman moved that two business represent the high street and attend the next task and finish car park group. Seconded by Cllr Troop.

    Approved.

    This next meeting to take place Thursday 20th February at 7pm. Clerk to notify business representatives.

  4. West Lane Bin Fire
    Police reported that to the Parish Council on Monday morning that Nottinghamshire fire brigade had been called out to a glass recycling bin fire that was maliciously set alight. Parish Council reported the damage to Glass Recycling UK who notified the District Council. Glass recycling UK hired a crane to remove the melted bin base and set a new bin in its place. Amenity Team removed the fire damaged shrubs.

  5. Police Patrols Bowling Green Pavilion
    Police have notified the council that they are patrolling the Bowling Green due to the vandalism issues. No further incidents have been reported since the council sent out letters to properties overlooking the facility.

  6. Grass Cutting Contract
    Chair reported that NSDC grass cutting areas are quite extensive. Letters to be sent to the grass cutting contractor and NSDC showing areas to cut and await response. Chair to liaise with Clerk.

  7. Thoresby Development
    Cllr Carlton stated that District Councillors had been in consultation regarding the exit points on Ollerton road with concerns on road safety, removal of trees and road sweeping creating hazards for vehicles over taking. The Spine road is already in place for parking lorries, new access is not required. NSDC still have the application down for refusal. All District councillors called in the Planning application.

    Chair thanked all District Councillors for their work on this matter.

    Clerk to contact Harworths to chase up next working group meeting.

  8. Friends of the earth
    Members of Friends of the earth spoke to inform the council that they would like a piece of land on plant a wildflowers and pollinator plants within the Parish. Clerk to liaise with group.

  9. Planting sponsorship
    Clerk approached the “Pub People” who run the Dukeries Lodge Pub for a donation to plant up the grass bank area adjacent to the property. A donation of £500 will be forthcoming. The amenity team will plant up the area with perennial flowers, bulbs, shrubs, climbers and herbs with plants for all seasons.

    Cllr Ayre thanked the Clerk.

  10. Hanging Baskets
    Cllr Carlton declared an interest and left the room for the council to vote on hanging basket prices.

    It was agreed to set the hanging basket charge at £30 for this year.

    Approved.

19/137 Correspondence (COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

  1. Royal Oak Allotments
  2. Away with the Fairies Shop
  3. AMP Play Ground Solutions
  4. Edwinstowe Pharmacy – car park passes
  5. Great British Spring Clean
  6. Western Power
  7. Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit – fundraiser
  8. BHI Insurance
  9. Skate Park Contact Request
  10. Robin Hood Colts – Sherwood Fields Pavilion Pumps
  11. Enforcement issue - Thoresby Development access points
  12. Ground Care Contact
  13. Mark Spencer Newsletters
  14. Ruth Edwards MP - Police Funding Increase
  15. Road Works Bulletin
  16. VE DAY Service
  17. Venue Availability for Planning Hearings/Inquiries
  18. Village Halls Week
  19. Resident speeding complaint – Mansfield Road
  20. East Lane Resident car park passes
  21. Dudley Taylor Pharmacies – car park passes
  22. NALC - Joint Panel on Accountability and Governance feedback
  23. NSDC – open space strategy
  24. NALC – preventative injunctions against squatters
  25. East Lane / Hammer & Wedge resident car park passes
  26. Post Office – car park passes
  27. Fly tipping Fifth Avenue – resident
  28. St Marys Church – lead theft alert

19/138 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

19/139 INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
10.01.2020 Staff Salaries 10.1.2020 £3,741.41
16.01.2020 Viking Refuse sacks £249.20
20.01.2020 Viking Office Supplies £59.33
21.01.2020 NatWest Transfer £400.00
22.01.2020 RSPB - Sherwood Bird Boxes £63.95
23.01.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Fuel £79.48
24.01.2020 Staff Salaries 24.1.2020 £1,970.78
27.01.2020 C Cobb Grave Dig £250.00
06.02.2020 Major Oak Pop Choir Xmas Donation £118.14
07.02.2020 Staff Salaries 7.2.2020 £3,908.02
07.02.2020 HMRC PAYE/NIC (January) £1,378.56
07.02.2020 NCC Pensions (January) £1,638.36

19/140 DIRECT DEBITS FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
16.01.2020 Sage Payroll Software £19.20
22.01.2020 Personnel Solutions Retained services £120.00
27.01.2020 Better Connected Telecoms / Internet £78.12
03.02.2019 DVLA Vehicle Tax £22.75
05.02.2019 UK Fuels Ltd Fuel Card Charge £1.80

19/141 INCOME

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
09.01.2020 Grant £120.00
10.01.2020 Magazine Advert £75.00
10.01.2020 Magazine Advert £200.00
13.01.2020 Garden of Rest Memorial £50.00
17.01.2020 Magazine Advert £50.00
17.01.2020 Magazine Advert £75.00
21.01.2020 Magazine Advert £25.00
21.01.2020 Memorial Bird Box £100.00
27.01.2020 Allotment £21.00
29.01.2020 Magazine Advert £75.00
30.01.2020 Cemetery Burial £675.00
30.01.2020 Cemetery Memorial £150.00
31.01.2020 Magazine Advert £150.00
03.02.2020 Allotment £21.00
03.02.2020 Bank Transfer £267.73
05.02.2020 Allotment £31.50
05.02.2020 Magazine Advert £200.00
06.02.2020 Grant £2,630.00
Total Magazine Adverts £850.00
Total Cemetery Burial £675.00
Total Cemetery – Memorials £200.00
Total Memorial Bird Box £100.00
Total Allotments £73.50
Total Memorial Bird Box £100.00
Total Bank Transfer £267.73
Total Grant £2,750.00
Income Sub Total   £4,916.23

19/142 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; BULLET POINTS TO CLERK)

Report from District Councillor Brown read by the Chair;

Speed watch are setting up the process with NSDC with training on Friday 14th at 10am at Newark and Sherwood Homes office the circle Clipstone.

Investigating the business rates for the toilet and the carparks

Town and parish initiative fund, the parish council needs to get the application in.

NSDC are doing the budget tonight for the financial year 2020/2021.

Newark and Sherwood homes have increased rates for rents and has finally come in House, they are now integrated in to the NSDC family.

CCTV, the one up at present is a temporary one, whilst they find a permanent place due to the conservation area but they have looked in to this and should be sorted soon.

Report from District Councillor Carlton;

Liaised with Heather Sutton divisional commander regarding van break ins and rolling equipment taken from Fourth Avenue development.

Like to offer condolences to the family who lost a life in tragic circumstances. Heather Sutton reached out to the Parish Council during the tragedy.

Attending budget workshops with the police and crime commissioner. 107 new police officers as part of operation uplift in Nottinghamshire, each area will have an operation Reacher team.

Newark and Sherwood Homes now back in control of the district council, from 1st April. Any issues please report to district councillors. NSDC need to find the £10,000 for the CCTV.

19/144 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 10th March 2020 AT 7.00 PM

Meeting ended at: 8.35pm.

Web Design by JKE Web Design