Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30am - 6.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes November 2020

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 10th November 2020 at 7.00pm via Zoom as a remote meeting.

Present; Cllrs Ayre, Brooks, Brown, Freeman, Murphy, J Peck, K Peck and Troop

20/68 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Chair asked if anyone other than the clerk was recording the meeting.

Cllrs Murphy and K Peck also recorded the meeting.

20/69 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllr Peacock and Cllr Carlton.

20/70 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS

Cllr Murphy - allotments

20/71 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 13th OCTOBER 2020

Cllr Murphy – sentence on agenda item 5 required completing; chair requested that if councillors wish to attend future outdoor meetings to contact the clerk.

Approved

20/55 MATTERS ARISING (following NALC guidelines)

None.

20/72 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION, STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
(FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION

SB (on behalf of Robin Hood Colts) requested permission from the Parish Council for a small non-permanent fence up-to 4ft high in an area to be used by a Goal Keeping academy. Requested that the previous roller shutter invoice to be paid by the Parish Council.

AL (Member of the Public) thanked Cllr K Peck and other councillors for taking up the case for free school meals to NSDC.

20/73 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS TO COUNCIL FROM MEMBERS

Cllr Freeman - farmer placed water trough across public footpath adjacent to railway line. Does not stop people walking, but would impede cycles and vehicles. Asked for County or NSDC to take up.

Cllr Murphy - dog bin overflowing paddock close.

Cllrs K Peck – Cllrs K Peck and J Peck were working with the clerk to replace the dog bin on paddock close”.

Cllr Ayre - remembrance day on Abbey Rd, well turned out with a Piper organised by Barbara Starbrook. Chair asked that council write to Barbara and express appreciation.

Parish Council acknowledged the excellent remembrance service organised by the British Legion at the Cenotaph.

20/74 TO RECEIVE DRAFT MINUTES AND REPORTS OF THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEES, SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS

  1. Allotment Committee

    Cllr Ayres - a review took place of some parts of the tenancy letting agreement at the allotment committee, October 27th 2020. The following were discussed:

    The agreement states that the rental year is from 1st March but payment date is 25th March. We think these should be brought in to line. We propose that both rental and payment date should be from 1st March. We would also like to remind allotment holders that the agreement is an annual one and needs to be renewed each year. This is clearly stated in the existing agreement at section 3.1.The rent will be collected in the same way next year as was introduced this year. A form will be sent to all allotment holders which will require a date, a signature and will state clearly the plot numbers. It will ask for address, email and payment details. This will make sure that we have updated details for all tenants. The completed returned forms will then be attached to the existing agreement documents. A signature is required each year because the agreement as I have already said is an annual one. It might also be the case that by the time the rental agreement goes out at the beginning of February there are still Covid-19 restrictions in place which prevent public access to the office.

    We would also like to make two more small adjustments to the tenancy agreement. One is about bonfires. We suggest that between November 6th and February 14th each year bonfires are banned. This is so that neighbouring houses are not subject to smoke and smell from them during short winter daylight hours. The second slight adjustment is to section 2 of the tenancy which deals with the size of plot. These are now between 125 square metres and 500 square metres. The regular one is 250 square metres. The size of the plot will be indicated on each individual agreement form. It was also put forward at the Committee meeting that we might look to identify funding to improve the access road from where it turns right off Robin Hood Court to the gate to the actual allotment site. We could also look at providing a shed for community use as was identified in the original plans for the spending of Section 106 funds. A proposed rise in rents will be looked at for 2022 to cover increases in rent from Thoresby Estates among other things.

    Chair asked councillors to accept report.

    Approved

    Chair requested a vote on payment date change to be the same as the rental date on 1st March. Notices will go out to tenants beginning February, and if tenants have not completed the agreement with signature and payment beginning of March they will forfeit their plot.

    Approved

    A discussion took place on restricting bonfires between bonfire night and middle February. November 6th – February 14th

    Approved

  2. Events Committee

    Cllr K Peck - remembrance day was a very meaningful event, garden looked lovely, thank Administrator for placing poppies in the village hall windows. Like to thank Cllr J Peck for providing £1000 from County Council divisional fund towards purchasing additional lights and decorations. A massive team effort for the high street to be ready by the 19th November. There will be a film of the Christmas lights and Christmas lighting up, working closely with the businesses. May have a surprise visitor to the high street. Will place the video on YouTube, contact the Chad, place on Face book, Radio Mansfield.

    Chair- Robin Hood statue will be replaced by crane on the 18/19th November 2020.

    Cllr Ayre – thanked Amenity Supervisor, Chair and Cllr K Peck for visiting Abbey Rd Community Centre to arrange decorations.

  3. Emergency Planning – Working Group

    Cllr Troop - the clerk and Cllr Troop speaking weekly to update the COVID risk assessments. Went from Tier 2, to Tier 3 and lockdown quite quickly, notices have been placed on parks and cemetery. Will be updating the mental health part, like to thank the Chair for attending the mental health conference.

    Chair – attended a mental health conference with 47 participants including speakers from Mind and a legal team.

    Discussion took place on cemetery notices.

20/76 AGENDA

  1. High Street

    Cllr Peck - tree high street bottom is diseased and will be replaced.


  2. Gateway Signs

    A discussion took place on the Gateway Signs, a proposal was put forward to include design number 2 along with strapline “Robin Hoods Village”. Artwork to include NCC logo. Following debate the proposal was withdrawn, to be discussed again at December’s full council meeting.

    Cllr J Peck - Highways had turned down 3 of the 4 Parish Council locations for Gateway signs.

    Clerk to arrange a meeting with Shaun Brown of VIA.


  3. Skate Park

    Nothing to report back from Cllr J Peck.


  4. Sherwood Fields - correspondence received

    Robin Hood Colts temporary fence

    Approved

    Cllr J Peck proposed that Robin Hood Colts submit a formal application to the Parish Council to pay for the Roller Shutters from Section 106 monies, but with clarity on future maintenance. Seconded by K Peck.

    Approved


  5. Election

    Chair – the bill from last year’s Parish Council election is being debated, not yet paid.


  6. Winding Wheel

    Chair – Harworth Group drawing up “heads of terms” contract, copies to be sent to RSPB and Parish Council for the winding wheel and associated furniture. Invoices generated by Parish Council and NSDC to release 106 monies and donations from the Harworth group.

    Signage manufacturer has been contacted by Clerk for the interpretation lectern.


  7. Open for Business Campaign

    Cllr K Peck – stickers and banners arrived from NSDC. Banner placed outside Royal Oak pub. A discussion took place on the banner remaining up during lockdown.

    Parish Council agreed to leave the banner up.


  8. S106 Agreements

    Cllr Brown gave update on the Ollerton traffic roundabout and processes to trigger release of 106 monies, dependent on housing occupation.


  9. Cenotaph

    Chair – awaiting to hear back from NSDC officer

    Cllr Brown – asked for a letter to be sent to the Royal British Legion thanking them for the remembrance service.


  10. Community volunteers – free school meals

    Cllr K Peck – reported on Edwinstowe Community Volunteers. Food parcels provided by St Mary’s church were aided by a £5000 donation. The government is providing free school meals.

    Chair and Cllr Troop thanked the work of the community volunteers.


  11. Non Domestic Rate Refund

    Due to a third party involvement, not up for discussion


  12. Village Hall Toilet Grant

    Chair - the village hall management committee not yet received official notification from the NCC LIS grant.

20/77 Correspondence

  1. NSDC – Open for Business Campaign
  2. NALC – proposed code of conduct
  3. Locked Gates Trinity Park
  4. NSDC – Roller shutters
  5. Resident signposting cemetery
  6. Mill Lane Residents Riverside Walkway Petition

Following correspondence,
Chair responded to a resident regarding the locked gates at Trinity Park. Clerk will look into the original development when time is available.

Clerk will look into improving cemetery signage from the highway

Clerk to invite Mill Lane residents to Parish Council ordinary meeting.

20/78 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

Chair – the AGAR has been returned and approved from the external auditor.

Chair thanked the clerk as no further comments or actions are required from the auditor.

Notices will be posted on website and notice board received from the external auditor in due course.

20/79 INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)
08.10.2020 Trade UK Amenity materials £58.95
08.10.2020 National Society Allotments Magazine subscription £67.00
08.10.2020 Platts Harris Strimmer Parts £14.40
08.10.2020 Viking Cleaning materials £213.49
09.10.2020 Visar Pro Sneeze screen £131.00
16.10.2020 Salaries Wages £3,865.25
16.10.2020 HMRC PAYE / NIC £1,489.80
16.10.2020 Chip Hosting Software £60.00
21.10.2020 Morris Cast Iron Signs Gateway Signs £6,613.20
28.10.2020 Town & Country Grass cutting £1,072.80
28.10.2020 British Legion Poppy 5 x Poppy Wreaths £85.00
30.10.2020 Salaries Wages £2,007.18
02.11.2020 Trade UK Amenity Materials £27.40

20/80 DIRECT DEBITS FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)
14.10.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £93.46
16.10.2020 Sage Software Ltd Payroll Software £20.40
26.10.2020 Better Connected Telecoms £79.50
02.10.2020 DVLA Vehicle Tax £23.18
02.10.2020 NSDC East Lane Car Park £58.00
02.10.2020 NSDC West Lane Car Park £49.00
04.10.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol / Diesel £70.39

20/81 INCOME

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
09.10.2020 Magazine Advert £50.00
12.10.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £60.00
12.10.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £60.00
12.10.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £160.00
15.10.2020 Magazine Advert £100.00
16.10.2020 Cemetery - Burial £370.00
16.10.2020 Cemetery - Plot Reservation £460.00
21.10.2020 Cemetery - Burial £130.00
30.10.2020 Magazine Advert £50.00
02.11.2020 Magazine Advert £25.00
02.11.2020 Magazine Advert £75.00
03.11.2020 Magazine Advert £75.00
04.11.2020 Cemetery - Burial £160.00
  Total £2,220.00

BANK BALANCE   £114,606.57

20/82 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; BULLET POINTS TO CLERK)

Report from County Councillor J Peck
The Secretary of State has rejected the County Council’s application to go ahead with abolishing the District and County Councils and creating a unitary authority. As the Government declined to fund free school meals for children during the recent half term break, the County Council took a decision to do so with the support of all political parties. Merryweather Close has now been resurfaced. The resurfacing of the pavement on Church Street is underway. It is intended to resurface the road during February half term. Revised plans for the A614 improvements are out for consultation but there are no changes to the proposed design for Ollerton Roundabout. I have written again about my concerns that the proposed traffic lights at both the Deerdale Lane and Mickledale Lane junctions in addition to the existing Rose Cottage lights, could lead to very lengthy tailbacks at peak times. I have decided not to stand again as a County Councillor in the County Council elections next May. It’s been a privilege to represent my home village and the other five villages in my division, but after nearly nine years, it’s time to take a rest! I will of course still be contributing as a Parish Council member.

Report from District Councillor M Brown
Business support grant re-opened by NSDC. Isolation grants are available of up to £500 from NSDC.

Fly-tipping action plan, since lockdown going through the roof with strategies in place. Heather Sutton attending homes and community meeting next week.

NSDC doing free trees again, which will be open to local authorities. HART team set up for vulnerable people in the community by NSDC. Community engagement ambassadors will be available in areas along high streets, dependent on number of officers and people.

Bassetlaw and NSDC community safety partnership established priority in tackling anti-social behaviour in rural areas.

District Council are engaging with tenants, an advisory group, split between officers, councillors and tenants to improve engagement now back in house. Properties getting painted and done up again.

20/83 CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS

To resolve to exclude the Press and public from the following item(s) in accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960.

20/84 DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

Tuesday 8th December 2020.

Meeting ended at: 9.00 pm

Web Design by JKE Web Design