Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>

  • Tell Us About your organisation or club Submit your club and organisation

Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes October 2012

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 9 October 2012 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Brooks, Cocking, Ayre, Tattersall, Starbrook, Benson, J Peck, K Peck

Apologies: Cllrs Boughey (illness), George (prior meeting)

No apologies were received from Cllr Freeman

12/075 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.

  1. Register of Interests
    Could all Councillors who have not already done so, complete and return their Register of Interest Forms. Copy forms to be sent

  2. N&SDC are holding a Diamond Jubilee Concert taking place on 8 November - details to be circulated
    Citizen of the Year 2012

    The deadline for nominations is 2nd November. After a brief discussion the meeting agreed unanimously on a nomination; Cllr Tattersall to collect background information.

  3. Neighbourhood Planning Consultation - ending 7th December 2012
    Document to be circulated to all Councillors - agenda item at next meeting

  4. Parish Council Administrator Vacancy
    Agreed to move to confidential items

12/076 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Reasons were approved and accepted.

12/077 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

Cllr Tattersall - item 12/088 (i)
Cllr J Peck - item 12/088 (ii)
Cllr Benson item 12/088 (ii)
Cllr Brooks item 12/088 (ii) (iii)

12/078 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 12th September 2012

Minutes were approved and signed by the chair.

12/079 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

  1. Road Improvements - Mill Lane
    The Clerk has spoken to NCC Highways who have agreed to request the temporary speed sign be replaced on Mill Lane. They are still looking at the possibility of painting either SLOW or 30 on the road.

  2. Wall Outside British Telecom, High Street
    The wall has been replaced with a fence which looks much better.

12/080 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

No members of the public were present.

12/081 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1915hrs

Cllr Cocking requested that now the survey has been completed, a formal request is made to NCC Highways. Cllr J Peck will make request as County Councillor.

Cllr J Peck requested a letter is sent to N&SDC Planning Department to arrange a meeting to review/extend the Village Conservation Area. Agreed unanimously - Clerk to send letter.

Previously, Cllrs Brooks and J Peck met with N&SDC Officers to discuss the possibility of planting trees on the 'gateway' roads into the village. As it is now the ideal time for planting, Cllr J Peck and the Clerk will send a map showing the areas identified for trees.

Cllr Tattersall asked whether anything could be put in the empty Village Trail noticeboard outside the Royal Oak Public House. Clerk to look at possibilities.

Finished 1925hrs

12/082 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Village Hall Meeting - funding opportunities
    The Clerk and Pat Bamford (Chair - Village Hall Management Committee) met with Karen Tarburton from NAVACH to discuss funding opportunities for refurbishment work in the Village Hall. The toilets, kitchen and storeroom all need updating and there are grants available.

  2. Christmas
    Cllr K Peck visited shops on the High Street to inform them of this year's Christmas event. Santa's Grotto will be at the top of the High Street, there will be live music, fairground rides and stalls and entertainment. The event will be held on Thursday 29th November from 5.00pm to 8.00pm.

  3. Edwinstowe Village News
    Editorial Meeting next week, the magazine is due for delivery mid November.

12/083 AGENDA

  1. Thoresby Welfare
    The Welfare will close on approximately 14th October and the site will be cleared as soon as possible. There is a covenant on the land stating if the site is sold within 5/6 years the Coal Authority would be entitled to 20% of the proceeds. Whatever happens to the area, there should be some benefit to the village. Cllr Cocking asked whether the Welfare could be turned into a sports facility/youth club. C/Cllr J Peck will enquire however NCC budget is extremely tight.

    Cllr J Peck has spoken on Radio Mansfield expressing great sadness at another lost facility in the village.

  2. Village Hall Transfer
    The Land Registry documentation has now been received.

12/084 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

NAME DESCRIPTION COMMENTS
Nottinghamshire County Council Lengthsman Scheme - Evaluation Event Noted
Notts Fire & Rescue Service Response Magazine Noted
Notts Association of Local Councils Annual General Meeting Noted


12/085 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

None.

12/086 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Completion of External Audit
    The external audit has now been completed. The following comment was made:

    Following correspondence between ourselves and the Clerk to the Parish Council, Section 1, the Accounting Statements was amended. The amendments were due to the methodology of the accounts and not the calculation. Noted

  2. Finance Committee Meeting
    The Finance Committee needs to meet to discuss the half year position and look at the budget calculation for 2013/14. Clerk to arrange meeting.

12/087 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
20.09.12 British Telecom Broadband - Final £54.48
20.09.12 Carol Hill Website Management Fee £1,000.00
20.09.12 Clement Keys Audit Fee £660.00
20.09.12 Oak Industrial Supplies Disinfectant/Bin Bags/Toilet Rolls £155.08
20.09.12 pHs Mansfield Road Toilets £83.94
20.09.12 Community Bus August £160.00
20.09.12 Village Hall Mgt Cttee Gas/Electric £106.91
30.09.12 Intervend Water M/C & Water £18.00

The website management fee was discussed (the current invoice is for the period October 2011 - September 2012), councillors unanimously agreed that we could not continue to pay the annual charge for hosting and management services for our website. Clerk to write letter.

The increase in the Community Bus charge was also discussed. The Councillors agreed that we could not continue to support the Community Bus at the current rate of £40.00 per week, with immediate effect, especially due to the low uptake of the service. Clerk to write letter.

12/088 GRANT APPLICATIONS

After a discussion the following grant allocations were agreed:

  1. Village Hall Management Committee
    See Minute Ref 12/082 i

  2. Home-Start - £400

  3. Ollerton & District Citizens Advice Bureau - £400

  4. PCSO Childs - £200. C/Cllr J Peck will match the Parish Council grant from his divisional fund.

12/089 PLANNING MATTERS October 2012

None.

12/090 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS (VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

The Chair congratulated C/Cllr J Peck on his recent victory in the Rufford by-election.

District Councillors Report - October 2012.

Over the past two months business at Newark & Sherwood District Council has included approval of the final draft of the Local Development Plan Framework. This was to confirm that the plan was drawn up correctly. This has now been forwarded to the Government Inspector. It was interesting to note that no building in Edwinstowe, on the 2 selected sites, was due to start until 2017. It is important to re-iterate, that no expressions of interest by builders or plans for approval are in existence as the matter is still being considered by the Government Inspector.

Both Councillors attended meetings of various Committees as well as the full Council Meetings. As well as these meetings your Councillors are part of the Tourism Commissioning Working Party, a Food Safety Commissioning group and The Gilstrap Charity Trustee Board.

We continue to work on individual casework for residents across the village.

The next few months are busy with budget setting at Newark & Sherwood District Council. We will be monitoring the situation closely to protect services. However; the new universal benefits plans and the need to cut council spending by 10% (government requirement) mean that both offices and Councillors will be very busy.

County Councillors Report - October 2012.

C/Cllr Peck informed the meeting that the preferred design on the new Visitor Centre will be presented to the Policy Committee at County Hall on 17th October. There will be a public announcement at the end of October. C/Cllr Peck feels very strongly that any future development should be used as a lever for money to enhance the village and its appearance. Edwinstowe should certainly benefit from the new development.

Work starts on the traffic lights at the Rose Cottage junction on 16th October and will continue until February 2013.

12/091 DATE OF NEXT MEETING

No December Meeting - next meeting will be 13th November 2012

Meeting closed at 2100hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design