Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes June 2015

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 9 June 2015 at 7.00pm or immediately after the Annual General Meeting in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Benson, Brooks, Brown, Cocking, McLaughlin, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck, Starbrook, Tattersall

Apologies: None

15/024 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting, welcomed all present and asked if anyone would be recording the meeting. One person indicated that they would be videoing the meeting. The Parish Council is also recording the meeting.

15/025 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

NONE - Welcome to Cllr McLaughlin to his first meeting.

15/026 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

Cllr McLaughlin for 15/030 (i) - Allotments and planning application 15/00761/FUL
Cllr Brooks for all planning matters

15/027 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 12th May 2015

Minutes approved unanimously and signed by the Chair.

15/028 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

  1. Approval of new grant application proforma
    Agenda item for July meeting

15/029 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1905hrs

Cllr J Peck praised the work that David Stocken has done painting the High Street furniture and asked when it would be completed. It will continue over the summer.

Ended 1906hrs

15/030 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

Available from Parish Council Office.

  1. Allotment Working Group
    After Cllr Ayre read a report from the recent working group meeting the following proposals were put to the Council: -

    Three allotment holders have made no attempt to remove structures from the allotments for which no rent has been paid. Does the Parish Council agree that a further letter be sent to say that these will be removed or offered to new tenants if we do not hear within a set time what the previous tenant plans to do about them. Can we also say that any costs involved in their removal will be passed on to the previous tenant responsible for the site?

    Will the Parish Council authorise the Clerk to carry out administrative duties with regard to the allotments, such as reallocating plots to people on the waiting list, without always referring back to the Parish Council? Report accepted and all proposals were approved unanimously (excluding Cllr McLaughlin)

    There was a discussion about how the waiting list would be administered. Agenda item July meeting. Clerk to obtain further information from the National Association

    Four evictions notices have been issued and subject to information being circulated we have received confirmation that no monies have been paid directly to Thoresby Estates.

    Correspondence
    1. Reply to correspondence received from the Chair of the Allotment Association concerning the CCTV camera installed on the allotment shed.
      'The Parish Council mentioned CCTV in letters to the Secretary of the Allotment Association on at least two occasions. We had no reply. We received no information about this. Whether the camera was CCTV or a still camera, the filming of children without the permission of their parents is unacceptable. Notices indicating the existence of such a camera should have been posted in any case.'

      'The childminders responsible for the children's welfare are guided by OFSTED and I am sure they know far better than us about the safety of their charges.'

      'All allotment holders are advised to include their allotments on their house insurance if they are concerned about loss of any kind. As 8.5 of the allotment agreement conditions of use states: the Council will not be responsible for loss by accident, fire, theft or damage from the allotment gardens.'

      'The Parish Council has public liability insurance which covers all the open spaces for which it is responsible.'

    2. Reply to correspondence received from the President of the Allotment Association concerning his annual rent on his signed tenancy agreement.
      'The agreement signed by allotment holders states clearly, in 3.1 (Tenancy and Rent) what the annual rent is. By signing, tenants agree to this rent.'

      'As previously stated on numerous occasions, allotment holders are free to join any allotment association they wish. The Parish Council has joined the national association and if tenants choose to join on a personal, individual basis as well that is up to them.'

      'We shall not enter into any more correspondence on these issues.'

    Both replies were accepted unanimously (excluding Cllr McLaughlin)

  2. Safer Neighbourhood Group
    1. Report from last meeting
      Issues raised with inconsiderate parking and speeding vehicles. The next SNG will be in the Village Hall (date to be confirmed) will be advertised around the village and on the website. Everyone is welcome to attend.

    2. Henton Road/Gaitskell Crescent road safety issues
      Cllr Brown reported vehicles speeding along Gaitskell Crescent and Henton Road at all times during the day and night. Clerk to report at the next beat surgery on 25th June

15/031 AGENDA

  1. Parish Meeting Feedback
    Thanks were expressed to the speakers - Phil Jones (Royal British Legion) who spoke about the reforming of the Edwinstowe Branch and the forthcoming anniversary of VJ Day. Karen Tarburton (Rural Community Action Nottinghamshire) who spoke about the role of RCAN and Community-led plans. The Chair proposed placing an article/comments sheet in the autumn newsletter to gauge interest. Agenda September Meeting. Events Working Group to invite Phil Jones to next meeting

  2. Standing Orders - update & approval
    Subject to amendments proposed and unanimously approved by the Council, the standing orders were approved and accepted.

  3. Approval of Financial Regulations
    Approved unanimously

  4. Approval of Constitution
    Approved unanimously

  5. Approval of Financial Risk Assessment
    Circulated at the meeting - will be agenda'd for July meeting Clerk to agenda

  6. Public Consultation - Budby Heath
    There is a consultation taking place (ending noon 29 June 2015) concerning a 'Dogs on short leads' currently in place on Budby Heath. This is due to expire on 31 August 2015. Details available on website and from Parish Council Office

  7. Robin Hood Festival 2015 - Local Traffic Management Arrangements
    There was a discussion concerning the proposed traffic regulations and other issues including toilet provision during the Festival Week. It was agreed to arrange a meeting with Izi to discuss points raised. Clerk to arrange

  8. Twinning request from Robiac-Rochessadoule
    After a discussion, it was agreed to put an article in the autumn edition of the magazine to gauge interest.

  9. Land at Fourth Avenue
    Documentation has been received from the solicitors. Due to possible financial implications, it was agreed to circulate to Finance Committee for discussion. Clerk to circulate information and arrange meeting

  10. Registration for a Waste Carrier Licence with Environment Agency
    We are required to hold a licence to dispose of waste and this has been applied for. A discussion took place concerning the number of scrap metal collectors around the village and whether they are all properly registered. Cllr Brooks to take to N&SDC when details received

  11. Choose Newark Hospital Campaign
    Representatives would like to attend a future meeting. Clerk to contact with dates

  12. Special Planning Meeting - Sherwood Forest Visitor's Centre
    Plans have been received for the demolition of the Visitor Centre and for the proposed Solar Farm - it was agreed to hold a Planning Committee Meeting asap. Clerk to arrange

15/032 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

DESCRIPTION COMMENTS
NCC - Notts & Nottingham Replacement Waste Local Part Two: Sites & Policies Document - informal consultation on proposed site selection methodology Noted
NSCC Media Release - New network of Digital Champions to get Nottinghamshire online Noted
Police & Crime Commissioner Press Release - National Survey about Crime & Policing in the Countryside Noted

15/033 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR
SUB-COMMITTEES OR OTHER BODIES

Cllr McLaughlin for Planning Committee, Parks and Open Spaces Working Group and Village Hall Management Committee - approved unanimously

15/018 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

  1. Approval of Annual Return for 2014.15
    It was unanimously agreed to approve the annual return for 2014.15. (Previously circulated to all councillors)

  2. Approval of Internal Audit for 2014.15
    It was unanimously agreed to approve the internal audit and internal audit procedures for 2014.15

Parish Council accounts are open to any Edwinstowe elector. They are ratified by the Finance Committee and Full Council, audited by a Parish Clerk and then audited by external auditors, currently Grant Thornton.

15/035 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
05.05.2015 County Signs Occupation Lane Signs £48.00
06.05.2015 Cash Petty Cash £155.87
08.05.2015 Bunzl Cleaning Products £140.56
11.05.2015 B&Q Equipment £164.00
11.05.2015 Swinton Insurance Insurance Renewal £428.16
12.05.2015 Konica Photocopier Costs £100.37
14.05.2015 St Mary's Church S137 Grant £200.00
14.05.2015 1st Edwinstowe Guides S137 Grant £200.00
14.05.2015 Edwinstowe Youth Club S137 Grant £200.00
14.05.2015 Sherwood Forest Netball Club S137 Grant £200.00
14.05.2015 Edwinstowe Helping Hands S137 Grant £200.00
15.05.2015 Cables Electrical CCTV Camera £477.60
15.05.2015 PPE Work Solutions Work Gloves £13.19
20.05.2015 Village Hall Mgt Cttee Gas to 20.05.15 £107.04
21.05.2015 Town & Country Grass Cutting £1,528.80
22.05.2015 Dukeries Gas Leak Repair £75.00
26.05.2015 Cash Petty Cash £99.16
26.05.2015 Viking Copier Paper £27.88
27.05.2015 JPK Services Mower Repair £45.00

Cheques approved and signed by the Chair. For information - all cheques and cheque stubs must be signed by two councillors and invoices are authorised by the Clerk. We do not have to publicise expenditure under £500.

15/036 GRANT APPLICATIONS

Thank you letters from 1st Edwinstowe Guides and Church Wardens at St Mary's Church.

At the last meeting, it was agreed that all grant applicants be given an equal share of the available grant money. Since the meeting Men in Sheds has folded so the available grant was divided between the remaining 5 organisations.

The CCTV cheque was authorised by the Chair, Vice-Chair and Clerk according to Standing Order 30.2. The councillors unanimously approved the decision.

15/037 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

District Council

D/Cllr Brooks sits on the following Committees - Planning, Homes and Communities and is a Trustee of Newark & Sherwood Homes.

D/Cllr Peacock sits on General Purposes and Licensing Committees and Economic Development Committee.

At N&SDC decisions are made at Committee Level.

D/Cllr Peacock met with Head of Finance to discuss the capital spend allocation which has all been apportioned to Newark this year.

County Council

Potholes are reported weekly. If you know of any let C/Cllr Peck.

Sherwood Forest Regional Park should be launched in September.

New Visitor Centre - There have been three expressions of interest and the winning bid should be announced soon. The building should be completed by next year. The community will be consulted.

The one hour parking limit has now been introduced on the High Street.

Robin Hood railway - the results of the feasibility study will be declared in the autumn. There is a meeting with Mark Spencer MP at the end of July. NCC will make the decision and provide and subsidise the service.

Solar Farm proposal - C/Cllr Peck is in favour of solar energy however he has concerns over the chosen site of the park. When Thoresby Colliery closes, the spoil heap will be reclaimed and planning permission has already been granted for walkways and viewpoints. Careful consideration needs to be given to the locations of future solar farms.

15/038 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE)

Commenced 2028hrs

Thanks to C/Cllr Peck for his informative report.

Jim Rhodes - has not received a reply to 5 letters sent to the Clerk. If necessary the information can be requested under freedom of information act. For info. A reply to all 5 letters was sent on 27th May 2015.

A resident praised the Parish Council for the full debate at the meeting.

A resident queried whether the solar farm consultation event had been advertised. For information it was advertised on the village website, local shops and businesses, High Street noticeboard, Village Hall noticeboard and a poster had been on the wall in the Parish Council Office (including during the Annual Parish Meeting). This consultation was not run by the Parish Council but by the company submitting the planning application.

Ended 2038hrs

15/039 PLANNING

PLANNING APPLICATIONS

1. Application No: 15/00748/FUL
Applicant: Mr Maguire
Proposal: Householder application for first floor rear extension
Site Address: Beauly, Ollerton Road, Edwinstowe, Notts
EPC DECISION: Approved

2. Application No: 15/00761/FUL
Applicant: Mr Simpson
Proposal: Retain prep bay garage and fan assisted ducting
Site Address: Parkway Motor Group, Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe, Notts
EPC DECISION: Approved

3. Application No: 15/00789/FUL
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Nettleship
Proposal: Householder application for the erection of a single storey side extension and insertion of roof light to rear elevation
Site Address: 69A High Street, Edwinstowe, Notts
EPC DECISION: Approved

4. Application No: 15/00743/FUL
Applicant: Mr McIntyre-Clark
Proposal: Householder application for rear and side extensions to residence
Site Address: 17 Rufford Road, Edwinstowe, Notts
EPC DECISION: Approved

5. Application No: 15/00840/FUL
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Waterfield
Proposal: Proposed bungalow and detached garage to rear of 85, 87 & 89 Mansfield Road
Site Address: Land to rear of 85, 87 & 89 Mansfield Road, Edwinstowe, Notts
EPC DECISION: Approved

PLANNING DECISIONS

1. Application No: 15/00504/FUL
Applicant: Mr Hawkes
Proposal: Householder application for two storey rear extension to form sitting room and utility to ground floor and 2 bedrooms with relocated bathroom to first floor
Site Address: 52 Sixth Avenue, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION: Refused

2. Application No: 15/00557/FUL
Applicant: Mr Borland
Proposal: Householder application for demolition of attached outbuilding and the construction of a two storey side and rear extension
Site Address: 6 Greenwood Avenue, Edwinstowe, Notts
DECISION: Permitted

15/040 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Tuesday 14 July 2015

Meeting closed at 2045hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design