Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 9 July 2019 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.
Present: Cllrs Ayre, Brooks, Brown, Murphy, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck and Rogers.
Apologies: Cllr Carlton, Freeman and Troop.
19/038 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present.
19/038 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE
Apologies noted for Cllrs Carlton, Freeman, and Troop.
19/039 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA
Cllr Murphy 19/044.
19/040 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 11th JUNE 2019
The Council agreed to receive all future agendas by e-mail. Saves paper and time delivering.
It was agreed that future minutes would be concise, only recording verbatim if requested.
Discussion took place that Councillor Reports could also be more concise and include only relevant information. Parish Council agreed that summary reports can be given verbally by the Chair in Councillors absence.
19/041 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS
19/042 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (10 MINUTES)
Cllr Murphy reported speeding motorcycles and Conker trees on Friars Park which are diseased and grass cutting adjacent to roads.
Cllr Ayres reported dog fouling near Gaitskell Close and the Cherry Tree outside Abbey Road Community Centre.
Resolved - Clerk to write to Newark and Sherwood Homes regarding Cherry Tree.
Cllr K Peck reported that Den Building is very noisy close to the Forest Cemetery.
Cllr J Peck reported that Patrick Chandler had not received a letter from the Parish Council on his appointment as trustee.
Resolved - Clerk to write letter to Patrick Chandler.
Cllr Rogers reported that the road may not be wide enough outside the new Fourth Avenue development, and also that King Edwin Primary school ran an excellent School Sports Day, the head should be congratulated.
Chair raised concerns regarding camping during the Robin Hood Festival close to houses.
Chair to contact RSPB on the above issues.
19/043 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE
19/045 Correspondence (COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)
19/046 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)
Chair pointed out that the Parish Council should see all income within the agendas as part of our signed constitution. From now on will include income as well as invoices.
19/047 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL
|DATE||PAYEE||DESCRIPTION||AMOUNT inc VAT|
|01.05.2019||CAME & COMPANY||VAN INSURANCE||£469.22|
|04.06.2019||TRACEY ROBB||HANGING BASKETS||£1,184.89|
|07.06.2019||BMB FINANCIAL SERVICES||INTERNAL AUDIT||£100.00|
|12.06.2019||COUNTY SUPPLIES||CLEANING PRODUCTS||£23.41|
|13.06.2019||INFORMATION COMMISIONERS OFFICE||RENEWAL FEE||£40.00|
|16.06.2019||UK FULS||PETROL VAN / MOWER||£88.31|
|20.06.2019||TRENT VALLEY TRAINING||TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT PA1/6W||£516.00|
|25.06.2019||THORESBY SETTLEMENT||RIVER MAUN RENT||£65.00|
|24.06.2019||TOWN & COUNTRY||GRASS CUTTING||£1,396.80|
|24.06.2019||PERSONNEL ADVICE SOLUTIONS||RETAINED ADVICE SERVICES||£120.00|
|27.06.2019||COUNTY SUPPLIES||PUBLIC TOILET CLEANING EQUIPMENT||£104.23|
Chair wishes to invite Town and Country who undertake grass cutting to a meeting to discuss contracts and who pays for grass cutting in selected areas.
Parish Council discussed cost effectiveness of Personnel Solutions.
Resolved - Clerk to report back on contract with Personnel Solutions in September.
Unanimous agreement to pay pensions, invoices received over summer period as no Ordinary meeting in August.
19/048 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; BULLET POINTS TO CLERK)
Report from District Cllr Brown; I have been in contact with Heather Sutton regarding the issue of speeding around the village. I am awaiting the Beat Sergeant to contact me regarding the issue, so that we can try and resolve the issue of parking enforcement. I have been on the High Street to try and reduce the impact of the parking problems within the village. I had a positive meeting with Harvey at the Thoresby Estate regarding the future plans for the Estate and the cohesive and co-operation between Sherwood Forest/RSPB, the Estate and the Tourism in the area. I was asked if the Parish Council could contact the Estate regarding the Cemetery and possible future land as they need a plan moving forward. Only 10% of the issue has been sorted, and they need to plan for the future i.e., farming. I also walked around the village with the Newark and Sherwood Homes Team regarding property’s where a few problems have been raised, including a possible business run from a home owned by Newark and Sherwood Homes which they are looking into. It was also raised about the communal areas looking a bit rough and I have asked that these be cleaned up.
The Chair read the report of District Cllr Carlton in his absence; recently undertook a visit to Thoresby Estates, to hear more of their plans for the future in relation to Tourism and Leisure. Members may-be aware from media reports, the Estates have won the bid for the Horse Trials from Belton. Thoresby are keen to ensure their plans/events can benefit the area and how local business may-be able to trade on the day or supply too. There will also be a Glow-worm festival and a Ploughing match later this year. Thoresby Estates remain in a good position to purchase The Laxton Estate. The Leisure and Environment Committee at Newark and Sherwood District Council unanimously agreed to adopt additional powers to enforce on littering from vehicles and adopted a new graffiti policy. Additional information relating to both subjects can be provided if members request. The Leisure and Environment Committee also agreed that more has to be done on recycling, in particular reference to plastics. I have also been researching several plastic recycling projects, with a good option via a company called Terracycle. This has been forwarded to Cllr Troop for consideration in relation to the Environment Committee proposals at the last Full Council Meeting. In short, this company specialises in recycling plastics of all types. I am currently arranging a litter pick for Edwinstowe to be held on Sunday 4th August 10am meet at Dukeries Lodge. The intention of the pick is to focus on approach roads into Edwinstowe. Council Members are welcome to attend. Posters etc. will be supplied. In relation to a question coming from the Parish Planning Committee re: Council tax bandings once approved extensions have been built, has been submitted to a planning officer for a response. Naturally a response will be forwarded. The Newark and Sherwood Homes Consultation is progressing well and uptake is being reported as being good.
Report from District Cllr Peacock; Destination Management Group, Matt Lamb from Newark and Sherwood District Council will offer a Parish Council representative. Ollerton Hall four tenders have been submitted, with the preferred bidder selected for end of July. Homeless strategy with Newark and Sherwood District Council and Ashfield District Council targets to end rough sleeping in the village. Steve Sidwell with Car park lighting to chase up. CCTV chasing up. Cleaned oil spill on pavements down the High Street, should try to prevent car parking on the pavement.
Report from County Councillor J Peck; Lots of pot holes and several blocked drains. Regarding the Ollerton Road consultation I have met with the Design Officer. Additional traffic lights, could result in traffic jams down to the Lockwell Hill Junction. The County Council have launched a Visitor Strategy, held at Rufford Mill. Edwinstowe is included in the strategy. Cllr Peck Moved a Climate Change Motion at the County Council Committee. From the County Council Community Fund, donations were given to the “Hand Bell Ringers and Third Edwinstowe Rainbows”.
19/049 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE) - 15 MINS
No Public Present.
19/050 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 10th September 2019 AT 7.00 PM
Chair thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 9.05pm.
Web Design by JKE Web Design