Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30am - 6.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes September 2020

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 8th September 2020 at 7.00pm via Zoom as a remote meeting. Members of the public were in attendance.

20/34 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Chair announced that Cllr Rob Rogers had sadly passed away. Cllr Rogers had resigned from the council for personal reasons just before his passing. Chair requested that Councillors pay their respects to him and the contribution he made to the Parish Council.

A vacancy for the Parish Council will be advertised after the funeral has taken place.

Cllr Karen Peck asked for a record of deepest sympathy to all the family of Cllr Rogers.

Chair asked if anyone was recording the meeting other than the Clerk.

Meeting was recorded by Cllrs A Troop, A Murphy and K Peck.

20/35 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllrs Freeman and Brown who is in a NSDC planning meeting.

Approved.

20/36 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS

Cllr Murphy - allotments

20/37 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 21st JULY 2020

Chair reported that the council changed the system for draft Ordinary minutes.

Cllr J Peck asked that the word “reported” should be changed to “requested” regarding the village hall toilets.

Approved

Cllr Murphy asked that amendments would be added to the previous minutes as requested, on the website.

Approved

Cllr Peacock reported that it was agreed to meet the allotment association to develop a better relationship.

Approved

Cllr Peacock reported previous Clerk had spent part of the £20,000 grant on the Parish Office which included tending to the Guttering, ask that the contractor is asked to explain their work.

Approved

Cllr Peacock reported that the Parish Council were awarded £20,000 towards the Solar panels.

Approved

20/38 MATTERS ARISING (following NALC guidelines)

Cllr K Peck Queried Quotes for Village Hall Toilets.

Chair reported that contractors were being contacted.

20/39 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION, STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
(FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION

Chair asked for permission to suspend standing orders.

Approved

Member of Public requested clarification on land between 25 / 23 West Lane Car Park, seeking to purchase land.

Parish Council agreed to look for a way forward.

Chair reinstated standing orders.

Approved

20/40 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS TO COUNCIL FROM MEMBERS

Cllr Peacock – have we had an update requesting a meeting with Richard Huthwaite and an update on the Thoresby Mining Memorial?

Cllr Carlton asked that the Parish Council to arrange meeting with Harworths.

20/41 TO RECEIVE DRAFT MINUTES AND REPORTS OF THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEES, SUB-COMMITTEES AND WORKING GROUPS

  1. Appointments to committees

    Cllr Murphy proposed by Cllr K Peck and seconded by Cllr Troop to join Cemetery Committee.

    Approved

    Cllr Peacock proposed by Cllr Murphy and seconded by Cllr K Peck to join Parks and Open Spaces Committee.

    Approved

    Cllr J Peck proposed by Cllr K Peck and seconded by Cllr Murphy to join Events Committee.

    Approved

    Cllr Peacock proposed by Cllr J Peck and seconded by Cllr Murphy to join Village Hall Committee.

    Cllr Peacock proposed an additional member to the Personal Committee.

    Approved

    Cllr K Peck proposed by Cllr Peacock and seconded by Cllr Troop to join Personnel Committee.

    Approved


  2. Finance

    Cllr J Peck reported on the finance committee, including barrier purchase and small business grant.

    Discussion took place on by election expenditure.


  3. Allotments – Site visits & meeting with Allotment Association

    Cllr Ayre reported six plots unsatisfactory, require warning letter or notice to terminate tenancy. Four plots require monitoring to see improvements. Plots preparing bonfires. Require a meeting of the allotment committee to produce a report to the Ordinary meeting in October. Uncertain what Royal oak Allotment Society intend to do with communal plot.

    Chair highlighted, still require thee allotment signatures, should the Council have to take action on respective plots.


  4. Parks and Open Spaces site meeting

    Council agreed to leave Skate Park item for later.

    Approved

    Council met with Proludic to discuss Fourth Avenue play park ideas.

    Discussion took place on park signage


  5. Health and Safety

    Discussed PAT testing, fire alarms, risk assessments.

    Cllr Troop to organise Emergency Planning Meeting, to involve Health and Safety Committee.

20/42 AGENDA

  1. High Street

    Cllr J Peck gave an update on street furniture installation, including proposed new Bus Shelter. To be maintained by Highways every three years.

    A discussion took place on the Bus Shelter materials. Existing shelter to be replaced with wood in keeping with the conservation area.

    Cllr Troop raised problems with lorry loading close to existing shelter and suggested relocation of the bus shelter further up the road.

    A vote took place to accept the proposed new wooden bus shelter in place of the existing structure and relocation.

    Seven in favour, one abstained.

    Approved


  2. Gateway Signs

    Cllr J Peck reported the meeting with Harworths on the sign location and requested a change to the strapline, to read “the home of robin hood”.

    Unanimous. Approved


  3. Skate Park

    The Council discussed options for the wooden skate park.

    Chair had received a reply from Derek Higton of NCC, after writing a letter.

    Cllr Troop suggested CCTV as a long term plan.

    Parks and Open Spaces meeting proposed to discuss skate park.

    Approved


  4. Sherwood Fields

    Moved to confidential matters

    Approved


  5. Office opening to public

    Discussion took place on Parish Office opening to the public.

    Approved


  6. Book Day

    Chair read out letter from event organisers.

    Discussion took place regarding concerns of visitor numbers, managing risk. Options were discussed.

    Cllr J Peck proposed option 1. Seconded by Cllr Ayre. To cancel the market, move workshops online and retain the Barry Trail.

    Approved

    Chair said that the Council would dearly love this event to happen in better times.


  7. Personnel

    A confidential item.

20/43 Correspondence

  1. NALC bulletin
  2. Newark & Sherwood Journal
  3. VJ Day NSDC
  4. Forest Corner Master Plan enquiry
  5. Controls for Alcohol Related Nuisance
  6. Traffic notice Rufford road
  7. Gedling Borough Council services
  8. Resident Complaint – stone chip car
  9. Miner 2 Major Grant
  10. RCAN – utility aid
  11. Edwinstowe Scouts Group
  12. NSDC – Robin Hood Colts
  13. NSDC – Discretionary Grant Fund
  14. NALC - grants
  15. Resident Complaint – YHA car park
  16. Resident Complaint – cricket club car park
  17. Memorial Box
  18. Memorial Box
  19. NALC - Bulletin
  20. Resident enquiry – Christmas Lights switch on
  21. EV Charge Points
  22. Public complaint - RSPB
  23. VIA - High Street Furniture
  24. Book event – Sara Bullimore
  25. NALC - AGAR
  26. Edwinstowe RBL - wreath
  27. Road Works Bulletin
  28. Public complaint – Forest Corner
  29. NALC Bulletin
  30. Local Improvement Scheme – Village Hall
  31. Winter Service 2020 / 2021
  32. Sherwood Forest Trust Q & A Session
  33. Sherwood Outlaws – statue unveiling
  34. Community Facilities Contribution Gateway Signs
  35. Memorial Garden / Parade
  36. West Lane Car Park – Resident query

Chair proposed writing two letters to the residents with complaints about the Forest Corner Master Plan. It was commented that the Parish Council were not consulted by NSDC, on the Forest corner master plan.

Approved

A Discussion took place on the Forest Corner Master plan

Cllr Carlton had requested an extension to the consultation period with NSDC, unfortunately not forthcoming.

Cllr Peacock and Parish Council to contact NSDC.

It was agreed to write letter of sympathy to resident regarding damage from Grass cutting contractor. Parish Council to contact contractor for comments.

Discussion took place on the YHA car park. Cllr Peacock has discussed parking with RSPB previously.

Cllr J Peck moved for a time extension to standing orders.

Approved

The Christmas lights switch on was discussed.

A different style Christmas switch on was suggested due to COVID situation.

Approved

20/44 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

20/45 INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)
23.07.2020 D A Williams Electrical testing £120.00
23.07.2020 D A Williams Electrical testing £72.00
24.07.2020 HMRC PAYE/NIC £1,309.52
24.07.2020 Salaries Wages £4,431.00
28.07.2020 Worksop Van Hire Vehicle Hire £250.00
28.07.2020 JKE Web Design Magazine Design £500.00
29.07.2020 Town & Country Grass Cutting £1,072.80
03.08.2020 Trade UK B & Q £69.94
03.08.2020 Ultimate Print & Design Magazine Printing £1,072.80
05.08.2020 Thoresby Settlement Land Lease £499.66
06.08.2020 Prime Property Repairs £60.00
06.08.2020 Central Garage Vehicle Repairs £98.40
07.08.2020 BMB Financial Internal Audit £110.00
07.08.2020 Salaries Wages £1,963.87
07.08.2020 Universal Fabricators Car Park Barrier £1,692.00
10.08.2020 Konica Minolta Photocopier £27.86
17.08.2020 THPE Ltd Uniform / PPE £243.52
21.08.2020 Salaries Wages £3,801.80
21.08.2020 Distributor Magazine £300.00

20/46 DIRECT DEBITS FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT (if applicable)
15.07.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £70.96
16.07.2020 Sage UK Ltd Software £20.40
27.07.2020 Better Connected Telecoms £87.54
29.08.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £86.66
03.08.2020 NSDC East lane car park £58.00
03.08.2020 NSDC West lane car park £49.00
03.08.2020 NSDC Mansfield Rd car park £69.00
05.08.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Account £3.60
12.08.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £60.00
17.08.2020 Sage UK Ltd Software £20.40
19.08.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £26.09
25.08.2020 Better Connected Telecoms £92.10
26.08.2020 UK Fuels Ltd Petrol/Diesel £80.54
01.09.2020 DVLA Vehicle Tax £23.18
01.09.2020 NSDC East lane car park £58.00
01.09.2020 NSDC West lane car park £49.00

20/47 INCOME

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
24.08.2020 Photocopying £2.40
24.08.2020 Allotments £42.00
27.08.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £100.00
27.08.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £150.00
27.08.2020 Cemetery Burial £410.00
27.08.2020 Reservation GOR £370.00
27.08.2020 Grant £10,000.00
27.08.2020 Cemetery - Memorial £170.00
27.08.2020 S106 £3,715.00
  Total £14,959.40

BANK BALANCE   £79,303.81

20/48 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; BULLET POINTS TO CLERK)

Report from Nottinghamshire County Councillor J Peck including River Maun bank collapse, resurfacing of Merryweather Close with revised date of 26th October 2020. Resurfacing to take place on the Ollerton Rd / Mansfield Road Junctions. Return of children to schools and priority of adult social care.

Report from District Councillor Carlton including recent Asset Management meeting at the Craft Centre to assist traders. Had a meeting for wider CCTV provisions, reported incidents of fly tipping off Swinecote Road and resident issue at Newark and Sherwood Homes.

20/49 CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS

To resolve to exclude the Press and public from the following item(s) in accordance with The Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act 1960.

20/50 DATE OF NEXT MEETING:

Tuesday 13th October 2020.

Chair thanked everyone for attending. Meeting closed at 9.30pm.

Web Design by JKE Web Design