Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30am - 6.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 1.00pm
Friday: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Saturday: 10.00am - 1.00pm
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independent shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes October 2019

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on Tuesday 8 October 2019 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe.

Present: Cllrs Ayre, Brooks, Brown, Carlton, Freeman, Murphy, Peacock, J Peck, K Peck, Rogers and Troop.

Apologies: None.

19/066 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chair opened the meeting and welcomed all present. Chair would like to raise an agenda item in next month’s meeting regarding the Constitution and number of meetings.

19/067 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

None.

19/068 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

Cllr Carlton – Events Committee.
Cllr Murphy – Allotments Committee.

19/069 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 10th SEPTEMBER 2019

Approved.

19/070 MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETINGS

Cllr Murphy requested that Engine wheel be changed to Winding wheel in previous meeting minutes.

Approved.

Chair read out a list of actions from previous meeting.

The RSPB and Clerk had a meeting to produce possible half term self-guided trails that can be advertised at the Visitor Centre and picked up from the centre to encourage visitors onto the craft centre / Church and high street areas.

Discussion took place among Councillors regarding RSPB signage.

Clerk to write letter regarding signage from Car Park.

19/071 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (10 MINUTES)

Cllr K Peck enquired if any information regarding the Vaping shop signage in the conservation area had been received. Chair has had conversation with NSDC.

Cllr K Peck mentioned wooden carving from Edwinstowe House has been skipped.

Cllr Murphy reported flooding at Forest Corner.

Cllr Peacock reported LDF matters regarding number of houses being built in Edwinstowe. Could Parish Council write to Matthew Norton regarding existing housing allocations, as Edwinstowe has had enough houses?

Cllr Ayres reported flooding from BT hub and the road. Cllr J Peck to report. Walk through between Beardsley Road to Abbey Road. Cllr J Peck will report further. Over growth in the walkway needs attention.

19/072 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE, WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Planning Committee
    Cllr Carlton reported on a local planning application which was rejected on appeal.

  2. Events Committee
    Cllr K Peck reported events meeting taking place every fortnight, Administrator has produced own tracker. Stalls are all booked. Senior Amenity Officer Trialled putting up banner lights on lampposts. Road closure sign has been approved. Asked for volunteers to help on the night. Need to have steel toe cap boots to assemble market stalls.

  3. Finance Committee
    Cllr J Peck reported that financial estimates made at beginning of the year may not leave a healthy budget. Will need to arrange an additional finance meeting along with a preliminary meeting. Clerk would like to change budget headings from previous ones used. Will be a case of building up the reserves again for future years.

    Cllr Brooks reported that Administrator to work 20 hours per week and Clerk to continue at 37 hours.
    Approved.

    It was also agreed to stop payments to Personnel Solutions.
    Agreed.

  4. Thoresby Memorial Working Meeting
    Saturday 19th October will be the official Opening ceremony date. Clerk to send official invite to councillors. Vicar to bless the event, thank people for their contributions. Event in the village hall, Cllr Peacock arranged that Bilsthorpe Heritage Museum will bring displays for the event in the village hall. Cllr Peck would like to thank everyone for their contribution. Winding wheel is going through planning for installation at Forest Corner.

    Cllr Carlton would like to place on record thanks for Councillors work on the project and everyone’s hard work.

19/073 AGENDA

  1. Magazine
    First draft out today. 36 articles in first draft and 20 advertisers.

  2. Amenity Report
    Chair reported on grant application for Fourth Avenue Play area and asked for permission to complete the application which has an immediate deadline.
    Agreed

    Section 106 money allocated for the site at £30,000.

    Cllr J Peck and Peacock reported on additional grants that can be applied to provide match funding.

    Two abandoned cars have been removed from Village Hall Car Park.

  3. Newark & Sherwood Homes
    Chair and Clerk met with Newark and Sherwood Homes and will be holding an additional meeting.

    Discussion took place regarding additional grass cuttings issues within the village.

  4. Meeting Robin Hood Colts
    Cllr J Peck reported on changing heating for the Pavilion to provide a cost effective solution. Parish Council have been contributing to grass cutting around the football pitches.

  5. Safer Neighbourhood Group
    Four dates available for new SNG meetings. Parish Council agreed to initiate the meetings. Venue agreed for first meeting to be Abbey Road Community Centre on Thursday 21st November at 6pm. Cllr Ayres to arrange booking. Clerk to contact PCSO.
    Agreed.

  6. Allotments
    Cllr Ayres reported that a request for a new Polly-tunnel has been agreed by the committee. Also reported issues on shed and trees, Chair asked for approval to write to people responsible for these two issues.
    Approved.

  7. Village Hall Maintenance
    Following the flooding in the Council Chamber, Councils Amenity Supervisor has assessed drainage pipes and guttering and identified that the soak away from the down pipe is completely blocked. The guttering has been cleaned on a regular basis and has compacted the down pipe that is capped and has led to the ongoing damp problems. Options were discussed and option two was agreed as suggested by Cllr K Peck and seconded by Cllr Brown.

    Cllr K Peck would like to thank resident for providing dehumidifier which was PAT Tested.

  8. Parish / Town Council Conference
    Chair to attend the Saturday meeting. Please let Clerk know if you also wish to attend.

  9. Grant Applications
    Two grant applications received.

    1st Edwinstowe Scout Group for new flag at £187.00.
    Agreed.

    Village Hall Management Committee £1000 for kitchen upgrades and replace light fittings.

    Chair suggested defer application and have meeting with the Management Committee. Second round of section 106 money could potentially be used to refurbish the kitchen.
    Agreed.

    Cllr Peacock highlighted that the Parish Council may have a schedule of works for the Village Hall improvements.

  10. Projects Committee
    Cllr Peacock suggested that a Projects Committee be formed which the Parish Council has previously had. Discussions took place.

    Chair re-affirmed that councillors can undertake work on projects as long as progress is reported back to the office which can be reported to the whole council.

19/074 Correspondence (COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

  1. Western Power Festive Illuminations
  2. Flooding Pack
  3. Village Hall Management Committee
  4. Allotment Theft
  5. Woodheads – Tattersall Close
  6. NSDC – Street Naming / Numbering
  7. For Sale Boards – Contact request
  8. RCAN – Playground Training Inspection
  9. RSPB – Village Trail
  10. Newark and Sherwood Parish / Town Council Conference
  11. Mark Spencer MP Newsletter
  12. NALC GDPR
  13. Newark and Sherwood Homes Ltd
  14. PKF Little John - AGAR
  15. East Midlands Airport
  16. Road Works Bulletin
  17. NALC 5 G Network Coverage

Letter from Centre Parks arrived afterwards which detailed firework displays.

19/075 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

19/076 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
03.09.2019 Village Hall MGT Committee Gas / Electric £497.15
13.09.2019 Waterplus Ollerton Rd Allotments - Rates £250.69
19.09.2019 Viking Toiletries / Cleaning materials £347.74
19.09.2019 PKF Little John Audit £480.00
19.09.2019 Staff Salaries 20.09.2019 £482.98
20.09.2019 Trade UK B&Q materials £103.72
20.09.2019 Hertfordshire County Council Stationery County Supplies £23.41
20.09.2019 Konica Minolta Photocopier £83.41
02.10.2019 Staff Salaries 4.10.2019 £1,953.52
04.10.2019 NCC PENSION (September) £1,716.51
04.10.2019 HMRC PAYE/NIC (September) £1,875.92

19/077 DIRECT DEBITS FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
02.09.2019 DVLA Tax £22.75
02.09.2019 NSDC Cemetery £60.00
02.09.2019 NSDC Public Convenience £92.00
02.09.2019 NSDC East Lane Car Park £57.00
02.09.2019 NSDC West Lane Car Park £49.00
02.09.2019 NSDC Mansfield Road Car Park £68.00
16.09.2019 UK Fuels Petrol / Diesel £110.54
16.09.2019 Sage Software £19.20
18.09.2019 UK Fuels Petrol / Diesel £78.73
23.09.2019 Personnel Management Retained Services £120.00
25.09.2019 Better Connected Telecoms £84.19
30.09.2019 Unity Trust Service Charge £24.75

19/078 INCOME

DATE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
05.09.2019 Cemetery £75.00
12.09.2019 Christmas Stall £20.00
19.09.2019 Christmas Stall £20.00
19.09.2019 Christmas Stall £20.00
19.09.2019 Allotment £21.00
23.09.2019 Magazine £25.00
23.09.2019 Cemetery £310.00
23.09.2019 Cemetery £30.00
23.09.2019 Christmas Stall £40.00
23.09.2019 Cemetery £340.00
24.09.2019 Precept £58,494.38
24.09.2019 Christmas Stall £20.00
25.09.2019 Christmas Stall £20.00
26.09.2019 Christmas Stall £20.00
03.10.2019 Cemetery £300.00

19/079 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; BULLET POINTS TO CLERK)

Report from County Councillor J Peck; Pot holes including pavements on Fourth and Fifth Avenue reported. Contacted Police regarding speeding on Rufford road; traffic exiting Edwinstowe House should be a blue and white one way street sign. Attended Communities and Place Committee meeting at County Hall for bid for “Minor to Major Project Scheme” to develop cultural heritage within the area and spoke at the meeting.

Report from District Councillor Brown; NS Homes Gas Servicing was delayed, all properties now serviced. Spoke with PCSO regarding pavement parking at West lane Car Park. Flooding packs are now being provided for Parish Councils.

Report from District Councillor Carlton; Undertook a visit to the Veolia Materials Recovery Facility at Forest Town. The majority of Nottinghamshire authorities were represented and many points (good and bad) were discussed. Many points to take back to NSDC to what we need to do better as an Authority in relation to recycling. It may be a good idea for Members of this Council to visit, particularly with the creation of the Environment Committee.

Following the last Parish Full Council, I have spoken to the Business Manager at NSDC regarding the Public Space Protection Order. All affected parishes by the proposed revocations will be contacted, if not already to setup a face to face meeting.

Recently the Policy and Finance committee approved Newark and Sherwood Homes, (after a tenants consultation) to come back in house. The transition will be completed by the 1st April 2020.

Report from District Councillor Peacock: - CCTV installed, asked if members of the Parish Council would like to attend the operation room at NSDC. Maythorn Grove tree work has not yet been undertaken. Network Rail have carried out tree works along the railway line. Arranged meeting with Thoresby Sporting Trust. Community Initiative Fund of £200,000, with £20,000 per project for environmental projects. DC undertaking Governance review. Enforcement of car parks requested, contacted company regarding solar panel installation at Robin Hood Colts.

19/080 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - STANDING ORDERS WILL BE SUSPENDED
FOR THE DURATION OF THIS SECTION. PLEASE REFER TO GUIDANCE PROVIDED (ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE) - 15 MINS

19/081 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 12th November 2019 AT 7.00 PM

Finished: 9.00pm.

Web Design by JKE Web Design