Parish Council Menu

Village Magazine

Catch up with what is happening in your village in our Village Magazine.

Find the latest issues here >>>


Major Oak Medical Practice

Opening Times

Monday: 7.00 - 18.00
Tuesday: 7.00 - 18.00
Wednesday: 8.00 - 18.00
Thursday: 8.00 - 18.00
Friday: 7.00 - 18.00
Weekend: Closed

Visit the website for information Here >>>


Library Opening Times

Tuesday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 6.30
Thursday: 9.30 - 1.00
Friday: 9.30 - 1.15 & 2.00 - 5.30
Saturday: 9.30 - 12.30
Monday, Wednesday & Sunday: Closed


Totally Locally

Open your eyes to the great independant shops and businesses in Edwinstowe.

Find out more >>>
Visit Totally Locally

Meeting Minutes November 2011

Draft Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Council held on 8 November 2011 in the Council Chamber, Village Hall, Edwinstowe

Present: Cllrs Brooks, Cocking, Ayre, Tattersall, Benson, K Peck

Apologies: Cllrs George (Prior Commitments), Freeman (Family Commitments), Starbrook (Prior Commitments), J Peck (District Council Meeting)

11/098 WELCOME BY CHAIRMAN INCLUDING ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Official notification was received on 7th November that the Olympic Torch will travel through Edwinstowe on 28th June 2012. The Parish Council will be liaising with Nottinghamshire County Council for arrangements for the day.

11/099 RECEIVE ANY APOLOGIES AND REASONS FOR ABSENCE

All apologies were approved and accepted.

11/100 DISCLOSURES OF INTERESTS BY MEMBERS (AND EMPLOYEES) IN ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

None.

11/101 TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE ORDINARY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD
ON 11th October 2011

Minutes were approved and signed as accurate by the Chair.

11/102 MATTERS ARISING FROM LAST MEETING

  1. Local Development Framework
    The consultation period has been extended to 25th November 2011. Two primary areas identified: - Rufford Road opposite South Forest Leisure Complex and to the left of the Manvers Estate (details available in the Parish Council Office). The developments will have 121 new houses across both sites; the goal is to build the houses by 2026.

  2. CCTV
    As previously reported, this matter is still being looked into. Cllrs Brooks and J Peck have discussed alternative positions of the cameras with N&SDC Officers. One option is to relocate a camera to the Village Hall as it frequently has youths on the roof and sustained approx £500 worth of damage last week.

    Measures will be in place to discourage/prevents youths gaining access to the roof. Agenda Item in January

11/103 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS AND PETITIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC (20 MINUTES)

Commenced 1915hrs.

A resident expressed concern over the position of the proposed new Rufford Road development as it was thought the area was Green Belt. Clerk to ascertain if still Green Belt and report back

Concern was expressed at the poor condition of the pavement on West Lane from the doctors car park to the Co-op. Clerk to report to NCC

11/104 TO RECEIVE QUESTIONS FROM COUNCILLORS (20 MINUTES) - commenced 1922hrs

Cllr Brooks proposed writing a letter of thanks to Dr Glazier as he is retiring at the end of November. Agreed unanimously; Clerk to write letter

Residents had contacted Cllrs K Peck and L Benson to report that the new streetlighting was considerably darker than the old lighting, especially on Fourth and Fifth Avenues. Clerk to contact NCC and invite for a site visit

Cllr Cocking reported that the blind corner at the bottom of East Lane would benefit from a streetlight. Clerk to contact NCC

Finished 1925hrs

11/105 TO RECEIVE AND CONSIDER REPORTS AND MINUTES OF ANY COMMITTEE,
WORKING GROUP OR SUB-COMMITTEE

  1. Events
    Meeting has been rescheduled for 9th November.

  2. Finance
    EDWINSTOWE PRECEPT 2012/13

    This year, the precept will increase by £3,807 which is equivalent to £0.92 per elector per year.

    This year's precept is £112,588.

    WHAT DOES THAT MEAN TO YOU?

    4,134 voters = £27.23 per voter per year - approx 52p per week

    or

    2,064 domestic properties = £54.54 per domestic property per year - approx £1.04 per week

    After a discussion, the Councillors unanimously approved the increase of 3%

  3. News Letter
    The new village newsletter is currently being designed by Alan at AP Design on the High Street. We have received enough advertising income to cover the costs of production and delivery. Contributions have been received from many groups and organisations in the village. If anyone would like to contribute to future editions, please send your article (no more than 250 words) to the Parish Council.

  4. Edwinstowe Business Forum
    The Business Forum are currently promoting the national campaign 'Totally Locally' which aims to encourage residents to spend £5 per week in local shops and businesses. After a short discussion it was unanimously agreed to invite representatives of the Business Forum to the January Meeting to give a short presentation.

11/106 AGENDA

  1. Remembrance Parade
    This year's event has been organised by Alice and Sarah as the British Legion has now become a sub-branch of Warsop. All arrangements have now been finalised. The meeting were very impressed with the Order of Service that had been produced. Congratulations to both Alice and Sarah for their hard work. Details of the parade will be in noticeboards and on the website.

11/124 Correspondence(COPIES ARE AVAILABLE TO VIEW IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS)

NAME DESCRIPTION COMMENTS
The Village Council of Kings Clipstone Creation of Bridleway from B6030 Sherwood Pines entrance to Deerdale/Eakring Road Clerk to write letter of support for reclaiming the bridleway
Clerks & Councils Direct Magazine Noted
N&SDC Allocation & Development Management Options Report - Extended Consultation 25th Nov 2011 Noted
Newark & Sherwood Homes AGM Thursday 24th November 2011 3pm Carriage Court, Kelham Hall, Newark Noted - Cllr Brooks attending
NCC Developing a Nottinghamshire approach to the Localism Bill Noted
ODEF Community Forum Thursday 24th November 2011 Dukeries College Noted - let Alice know if wish to attend
The Playing Field Newsletter Noted
Came & Company Parish Council Insurance newsletter Noted
NCC Highways Proposal to reduce speed limit from 50mph to 60mph A6075 Mansfield Woodhouse to Ollerton Unanimously approved supporting the proposal - Clerk to write support letter
Queens Diamond Jubilee How to take part guide Noted - Events Working Group to discuss possible options and agenda in January
Notts Fire & Rescue Consultation Extension from 23rd October to 13th November 2011 Noted

11/108 ANY APPOINTMENTS TO COMMITTEES, WORKING GROUPS OR SUB-COMMITTEES OR
OTHER BODIES

None.

11/109 FINANCIAL MATTERS (TO BE REFERRED TO THE FINANCE COMMITTEE, if necessary)

None.

11/127 CHEQUES/INVOICES FOR APPROVAL

DATE PAYEE DESCRIPTION AMOUNT inc VAT
10.10.2011 Village Hall Mgt Committee Electric to 10.10.11 £103.46
13.10.2011 Business Gas Pavillion Gas £799.09
13.10.2011 Cash Petty Cash £95.57
31.10.2011 AP Design Remembrance Day Leaflet £40.00
22.10.2011 Phs Group plc Sanitary Disposal/Air Freshener £486.65
21.10.2011 Town & Country Village Cut £1,342.80

Cheques approved and signed.

11/111 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None.

11/112 PLANNING MATTERS

None.

11/113 REPORTS FROM COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLORS
(VERBAL REPORT AT MEETING; COPY OF REPORT TO CLERK)

District Council Report - November 2011

Both Councillors, John Peck and Celia Brooks, continue their individual casework as well as attending meetings at Kelham Hall Newark. Between them they attend Policy Overview and Scrutiny, Services Overview and Scrutiny, Planning, Licensing, and General Purposes Committee meetings.

Meetings are also held with officers on issues concerning Edwinstowe in particular. We recently had conversations about the transfer of ownership of the Village Hall from the District Council to the Parish Council and, similarly, the procedures for transferring the land adjacent to Friars' Park to the Parish Council.

Both District Councillors attended the Parish Conference at Kelham Hall. The main speaker was a representative from the Fire Service who explained the changes planned for the Service in Nottingham. The plans are out for consultation with the closing date having been extended to November 13th.

Workshops took place concerning Waste Collections and Disposal, Stimulation of Economic Growth in the District and Affordable Housing. The debate around Waste Collections included the question of brown bins for green waste which has been shelved for the time being. Apparently there was not enough take-up of the offer (£28 per annum charge) to make the scheme viable. However, I would like to see it proposed again both from the point of view of convenience for householders and also to reduce the amount of land-fill the Council has to pay for.

For the remainder of this year we shall continue to attend the above meetings and the AGM of Newark and Sherwood Homes.

Celia Brooks
John Peck

11/131 DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 13 December 2013 (if required) otherwise 10 January 2012

Noted

Meeting Closed at 2010hrs

Web Design by JKE Web Design